• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New RHW/NWM FLUP Models

Started by Dexter, September 10, 2011, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOREOPTIONS

If Possible would someone please share these FLUPS.   very very nice and will like to use in my game. or simply show a link to them so can download.   Thank you kindly.

samerton

@ MOREOPTIONS: These FLUPs haven't been released yet. Also, the last post was 10 months ago which implies that development for this is on hiatus.

GDO29Anagram

I can give you this information:

As of a few months ago, the NAM Team has now been given access to Matt's FLUP models.

The reason as to why there has not been any additional work is that there is a new implementation for FLUPs planned for them that would make any additional work now become useless in the end. Additionally, said development is slated for NAM 32.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

ivo_su

This is an insane policy on your part, because no one waiting over 24 months for something that is 90% complete. And I do not belief that the NAM 32 will emerge that Scott. However, it would be nice to think what incentive is given to other designers like Matt to model what they can. Hardly in the future there will be someone to bite wasting your time and nerves to tell him then - your work will be discussed once, but not now. However, these models need is now, not after 2 or 3 years when child that this game will be at the level of Sim City 3000.

I pray Matt to put these models аs  TE-Lot to be able to use right now, not when they are already useless.

noahclem

I think your energy would be better directed as the SC2013 people from the sound of it. That'll be out before these FlUPs/TEs and in that case you would be paying money for something someone else is doing for money instead of just complaining to people that are doing stuff for free in their spare time that benefits you.

It's hard for me to understand why you would choose to yell at somepony for explaining the circumstances instead of actually asking the creator about it (pretty much same answer, by the way).

GDO29Anagram

Did someone say ponies?

Let's put it this way:

The traditional implementation of FLUPs would require a set of underground network pieces, plus the necessary entrance pieces, and everything would connect like the GLR puzzle pieces. The new implementation, which was hinted at several times before, would simplify that process, and make the old implementation obsolete, or at least substandard.

Remember the FlexCurve and the diagonal 6C B1 Ramp? Those were set aside because of P57, because if it were to be continued now, it would not be compatible with the new scheme.

Let's try an analogy: You put up new wallpaper on a wall right when it was decided to paint the wall instead. Congratulations, you just made things harder for the painters.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

ivo_su

Noah Ganaram, lads, I am far from thinking you scream or complain to you or anyone else. Just share my thoughts - if possible of course. I will not hide how much I admire you both, and Alex, Matt and Maarten. We're here as a family and it is nice to talk about money and payment.
However, some do a lot more work than others here, but that does not mean that those who do not like the game less. We are neither a bank nor a corporation to intervene any commercial relationship between us. And let us not be so sensitive to criticism, however, think about whether you want to read just the same words, "you're awesome". If so, what is the point of discussion?

Tarkus

I'll step in here.

First off, Ivo, and everyone else eagerly anticipating the new FLUPs portals, I understand your feelings of frustration, that these otherwise complete models appear to be languishing due to some perception that we're prioritizing the wrong things developmentally, and I can understand how it might seem odd.

However, that said, part of the reason for the delayed addition has to do with the fact that we have an opportunity to potentially do something very revolutionary with their implementation.  Matt, as a full NAM Team member, has seen what we have planned.

The "revolutionary" implementation, however, is still in an experimental state.  It's really going to be worth it, but it's unlike anything we've done so far, and we want to make sure it's done right.  P57 is a very exhaustive project, and that's why our focus is there.

-Alex

mike3775

I don't mind waiting, I understand and agree fully why things get put on hold.  I am just grateful that there are people who are willing to put time and effort into making things still for a game that technically is obsolete for the most part.  Even the game creators do not care about the game anymore.

kassarc16

Quote from: mike3775 on September 20, 2012, 04:36:36 PM
I am just grateful that there are people who are willing to put time and effort into making things still for a game that technically is obsolete for the most part.

I'd say it's those people who have KEPT the game from becoming obsolete.

mike3775

Quote from: kassarc16 on September 20, 2012, 05:28:56 PM
I am just grateful that there are people who are willing to put time and effort into making things still for a game that technically is obsolete for the most part.

Thats why I said technically.  To most involved with the game, it is obsolete, but to a core group of dedicated players, the game isn't, but as far as Maxis and EA goes, it is.

MOREOPTIONS

Quote from: samerton on September 20, 2012, 10:05:12 AM
@ MOREOPTIONS: These FLUPs haven't been released yet. Also, the last post was 10 months ago which implies that development for this is on hiatus.

Thank you kindly,  I have been out of the loop some time.  and as old I see the samples. made me think there out.  I can only eagerly wait than.   I think perhaps if the NAM is going to be in SC5.  Perhaps this may be part of the delay. I can only think tho I know should not..  HMMMM...

dragonshardz

Quote from: MOREOPTIONS on September 20, 2012, 07:31:39 PM
Quote from: samerton on September 20, 2012, 10:05:12 AM

Thank you kindly,  I have been out of the loop some time.  and as old I see the samples. made me think there out.  I can only eagerly wait than.   I think perhaps if the NAM is going to be in SC5.  Perhaps this may be part of the delay. I can only think tho I know should not..  HMMMM...

Simcity (5) is an almost complete reboot of the game with far, far less in the way of network options at release. They are not including draggable highways at all in any capacity.

(Also, would you might not using giant purple text? It's a bit intrusive.)

FrankU

Quote from: kassarc16 on September 20, 2012, 05:28:56 PM

These two quotes summarize quite perfectly what I think about you guys here.
I admire your work and am willing to wait until the end of my days.... well not all of them (please?) ..... until a project is finished.

In the meantime I still wonder what game the MAXIS people had in mind in the first place. There are sooo endless options, possibilities, unfinished ends, unused and neglected possible additions..... We (well you mostly :D ) are still exploring and exploting a game that has been released so long ago!

A happy cheer to those who spend their time on this!  &apls

Monorail Master

I love this pack so much! Even though all of the focus is on P57, and these FLUPs are as what Tarkus said "experimental state". Any chance that these FLUPs will be released later after P57's release as a seperate NAM-addon? Such as the RHW Euro-texture addon, TuLEP eyecandy pieces, etc.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Tarkus

As they're going to be controller-integrated, I'd say a separate release would be unlikely.

-Alex

io_bg

Well... how about releasing those as transit-enabled lots which convert road traffic to subways (just like the Big Dig lots) as a NAM certified package? I doubt it would require a lot of work but they'll be a nice placeholder until we get the fully funcional FLUP versions in NAM 32.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tarkus

Quote from: io_bg on September 27, 2012, 12:29:59 AM
Well... how about releasing those as transit-enabled lots which convert road traffic to subways (just like the Big Dig lots) as a NAM certified package? I doubt it would require a lot of work but they'll be a nice placeholder until we get the fully funcional FLUP versions in NAM 32.

It'd require just as much work as implementing them as fully-functional versions.  Matt's also said that some of them are in need of re-rendering.  It's possible they might get a little action earlier than initially anticipated, but it's hard to tell right now.

-Alex

Durfsurn

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone in the NAM fro even just thinking of these idea's. I share everyone's frustration of not having what we want when we want it. I myself really want to get stuck in with the new RHW heights but I don't spam the NAM Team or its members with things like "When is NAM 31 coming out". What I'm trying to say here is you can't have what you want when you want it. Now back on topic with those models will they become available before NAM 32 or is that confirmed as a feature of the 32nd NAM?

Tyberius06

Hi,

I'd like to ask, what is the current status for this project, or the new FLUP Project? I read in this topic, the new implementation (new kind of FLUP system) will release with the NAM 32, but I haven't met new FLUPs in NAM 32.
:)

So any progress, or plans?

Thanks,
Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.