• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ocram Takes a Whack at BAT

Started by Ocram, April 30, 2016, 12:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ocram

Hello all!

I want to make buildings for the Colossus Addon Mod. Eventually, I would like to add forestry industry for IR stages 2-8, hotels and urban malls for commercial services, and a few skyscrapers. In order to do this, I need to learn how to use the BAT. I have only used the Lot Editor and modding tools for other (3D) games. I also need to learn which growth stages, lot sizes, and occupant types have the least variety. I will only make buildings in the NYC and Huston styles.

Feedback, (links to) tutorials, suggestions, and tips would all be appreciated.

I might as well show what I have made recently (rendered in orthographic mode at arbitrary angles that look good)

A tropical Art Deco skyscraper office (or mixed use) building:

A garish tropical hotel made by altering the skyscraper

An older project I temporarily abandoned: a supertall, sandstone, ersatz Empire State Building (with a dramatic perspective)

Now back to studying for my semester finals!
If you always do YOUR best you will always be better than the best.

Can't think of anything better for a sig.

FrankU

Hi Ocram,

New BATters are always welcomed!
I will not be able to help you with BATting, because I know zilch about that, but there are others who do.
I could help you with lotting though.

Now your first images look promising, so I will await further development.

But first of all: succes with your semester finals.  :thumbsup:

vortext

Indeed, it's always nice to see people pick up BAT, I recently started BATting as well!!  :) :thumbsup:

The first outlines of the skyscrapers are pretty impressive already, looking forward to see additional detailing & texturing.

Good luck with your finals!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana