• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

So I assume it will also accept avenues in that case?

Also, I just remembered. There was a REW piece that was shown before a few years ago, but we haven't heard from it since.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

matias93

Quote from: Durfsurn on May 21, 2021, 08:08:31 AM
Boop  :P

- Billy

This is sincerely wonderful, one of such things that you see in real cities and look unassuming, but in game are truly daunting.

Abusing a bit of your generosity, there might be some chance of an analogous version, but for a divergent diagonal avenue? For reference, I'm thinking on something like this, but without the intersecting road that complicates it:

It doesn't have a lane to turn back from the diagonal avenue to the orthogonal continuation, but the cars that need to do that can turn left on the previous intersection, so it's not an issue really.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Wiimeiser

Ooh, that one would be nice to have. Slip lane should be optional though (by dragging OWR as usual)

I wonder if diagonal RHW-4 to OWR-2 is getting fixed, that intersection isn't half bad for a RHW terminus...

Durfsurn

Quote from: Wiimeiser on May 22, 2021, 08:55:40 PM
I wonder if diagonal RHW-4 to OWR-2 is getting fixed, that intersection isn't half bad for a RHW terminus...

Funny you say that.... I've been working on that transition - it is possible and maybe even likely that it will be fixed in 42 :).

As for that diverging avenue intersection.... that does look like something that is possible, might look into it after the Turbo T's.
- Billy

Wiimeiser

The way I see the Diverging Avenue working is AVE-6 splits into two AVE4s, and the extra tile for the AVE-6 is on the same side as the diagonal avenue that splits off. And the slip lane would be optional, and made through the normal means of making an OXD slip lane with OWR.

LucarioBoricua

That idea Matias is requesting would definitely be necessary to recreate my home city, wonder how many permutations of the split would be appropriate to match the current state of NWM and avenues!

My city's example:
https://www.google.com.pr/maps/@18.211039,-67.1457435,278m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en&authuser=0

Wiimeiser

Quote from: LucarioBoricua on May 24, 2021, 12:21:03 AM
That idea Matias is requesting would definitely be necessary to recreate my home city, wonder how many permutations of the split would be appropriate to match the current state of NWM and avenues!
In my opinion: RD-6, REW-6 (two OWR-3) AVE-6 and TLA-7 on the fused alignment, with the extra tile of the latter two being on the side of the diagonal offshoot. RHW-6S and 6C may be plausible in the longer term, but you can just drag them off AVE or REW. Other two can be any dual combination of AVE-4, RD-4, REW-4 (two OWR2) and RHW-4. The offshoot can be diagonal, parallel FAN, and perpendicular FAN, but only diagonal is required. FAN should probably be put off until Flex FANs are implemented (and would tie into it) except for dual FARHW-4 if you really want. Because diagonal AVE-4 is one tile (probably due to technical limitations with the cursor) two versions may be required.

EDIT: Forgot about FTLs. Those can join the fused side.

EDIT2: Correctly remembered that FAAVE already exists.

roadgeek

Yeah, those divergences are quite common where you have two US highways that share the same road surface for stretches, at the junction where they come together.

I am starting to salivate when I see posts about adding Flex-FANWM. One of these days, someone will post some pics, and I'm gonna end up drooling all over the place.

LucarioBoricua

;D    We have more upcoming excitement for NAM 42!!!     :clap:

Presenting...

Wiimeiser

Now I know why NAM 42 is taking so long. All of this stability right out of the gate? It's hard enough just to get one piece working correctly...

AsimPika3172

Oh yeah! I will waiting!!!!  :bnn: :thumbsup: &apls
I loves Sim City forever!

Paul 999

Game changer! very nice addition to the game. a lot of my construction fustration was building compact intersections one slopes.

Ulisse Wolf

Ulisse Wolf

Team NAM is not dead but the release of NAM 43 is getting closer and closer. In the meantime, you can see new content from NAM 43.

AsimPika3172

Wow...  :o Nice!!!!  :thumbsup: I will waiting!!!!  &apls &apls &apls

Ulisse Wolf

In the Network Addon Mod 44 you can finally use the following components

• Felx Turning Lane (FTL) FLEX-Height Transition (L1-L2)
  • FLEX SPUI (Single-Point Urban Interchange)
  • RHW 8S-10 & AVE 4 bridge (L1 - L2)

More content coming soon. Because

NAM 44 is just around the corner

LucarioBoricua

More NAM 44 goodies underway!

Diagonal S curve support for the Street Addon Mod!

FLEX overpasses for road, one-way and avenue, shown in a RHW-6C/8C diamond interchange!

Draggable ramp interfaces for avenue, using RealHighway (A1 and B1)!

Trumpet interchange made with curved height transitions, including the new 45° variant and improved stability for the 90° transition!

And a directional T interchange incorporating the 45° curved height transitions!

AsimPika3172

&apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls

Jack_wilds

exciting stuff fixing to rip up my cities for...  :thumbsup:

good that its construction NAM-orange here on the web page  :P

[even if a number of folks do not seem to care for the orange  ::)  ;
my issue is with too small of text in many places  :(  ]...

it all looks very promising... hoping some one can make a "how to do it" pdf manual for these new additions...  ???    :)

Gugu3

Exciting stuff!