• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

LE - changed background

Started by Ralfger, August 29, 2019, 05:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralfger

Accidentally, I've changed the background of the overlay textures menu into a tile pattern that makes it rather difficult to identify certain textures. How can I reset it to the default white background?

Andreas

Start the Lot Editor in software mode, that should do the trick. I don't know the command line arguments by heart, but you should be able to find them somewhere.
Andreas

mgb204

The command you need is:

-d:software

Ralfger

Thanks to both of you! I'm afraid that doesn't do the trick - I still have  the tile patterned background. Do you have another idea as I can't find any hint or a list of commands neither here in the forums nor via extensive Google search...

mgb204

I don't know where you'd find a specific list, but most of the main game's commands work with the LE too.

Perhaps try adding -w or otherwise -f, for Windowed or Full Screen mode, one of those might help.

Andreas

Found it! http://www.simforum.de/showpost.php?p=602858&postcount=9

So try -d:soft instead. In some cases, the commandline arguments are not identical to the ones for the game. Try to find the Lot Editor manual in the installation folder, IIRC, it lists the commands that you can use.
Andreas

mgb204

I already tested the -d:software myself and I'm pretty sure both options work. The key giveaway being that when running in DirectX mode the LE window upon first opening lists GDriverWindow--DirectX in the top left.

For certain the -w / -f commands and custom resolutions work too.

Ralfger

Thanks for your support - I have tried all possibilities - but without success. I typically use to play in Full screen mode with a custom resolution. As you mentioned, I added software mode, reverted to the standard resolution ect. but no change in the patterns. Moreover,-d:software only seems to prevent the programm to start....