• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Atchafalaya, the Rivers Meet the Gulf

Started by seminole_fan93, September 05, 2009, 05:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seminole_fan93

Well, I've been lurking around for a few weeks so I decided to start MD-ing. These are pictures of my first city in my region, Atchafalaya. This region is made up of all medium size tiles.

Aguacaleyquen Constituency

The first part of the city

The city expanding northward

A rapidly developing Area of The city

Check out my MD - United Okaloosa Constituencies -Updated 6/13/2010 - Roadgeekery + Map!

The weather forecast for today is a morning blizzard, followed by extreme heat with a lot of rain. Tonight, you can expect excruciating cold and wind. Have fun :D

ecoba

Hey C.J.!

First of all, welcome to SC4D! Atchafalaya looks as if it will be very good, and I can't wait to see more!

I have some sugguestions to improve though. First of all, I see you take very good pictures, and you can minimize the menus, but that ugly yellow pause ring kindof detracts from the overview, leave the game running, or take snapshots and resize them. Secondly, avoid buiding repitition, your city is excellent, but in some parts you have the same buildings over and over again. Thridly, try to develop all zones before photos are taken, unless you are taking overviews of future developments, or showing us how you expand, if you zone in small bits, and not all at once, I personally only zone for what there is demand for, zone with the demand, and then other desirability will rise. You are excellent with the RHW, but your interchanges are so close together, it would be a nightmare there in Rush Hour.

Some other suggestions: don't be afraid to DL like crazy, or as I call it (Mod Shopping). Downloading buildings and park systems will add variety and further life to your cities. Try some Terrain Mods, see which one you like best, do the same with water mods. But, for all CP Terrain Mods you must have these: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=16031 and http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=16030. They are essential or you will have a CTD. Also try some of cp/cycledoggs tree controllers and see if you like 'em.

Your MD here seems really promising and I will be checking in on you to watch you progress. Lookin' good.

Ethan