• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owaen

I was experimenting with GLR in avenue, and when constructing an overpass crossing a RHW-4, the RHW-4 changes to RHW-2 under the light rail.

Light rail only, no problems.

On-slope pieces, no problems

Problem when both sides of the light rail has a RHW or NAM puzzle piece next to it.(Only one side is no problem)

(different angle)

I tried to re-drag both the RHW under and the light rail over, but nothing I do seems to fix it.
Thankful for any help I can get.

Blue Lightning

Owaen: This would be a simple stablility issue. Currently, you would have to move one of the overpasses out one tile.

Hope this helps,
Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

zilfondel

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on March 28, 2009, 12:33:32 PM
Perhaps that's because the required puzzle piece rotation hasn't been made yet. IIRC, the only road-over-diagonal RHW puzzle piece that exists is road-over-RHW-4, but I could be wrong; I'm not at my computer that has all my SC4 stuff on it right now.

It does actually!  You just can't plop those tile pieces onto a diagonally-laid RHW.  It orients the puzzle pieces 90-degrees to what its supposed to be.

I think I need to make some more screenshots to illustrate this better...

Pat

Hey Alex loooking real sweetness here with the MIS turn lane!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

MandelSoft

Quote from: Owaen on March 29, 2009, 10:38:04 AM
I was experimenting with GLR in avenue, and when constructing an overpass crossing a RHW-4, the RHW-4 changes to RHW-2 under the light rail.

Light rail only, no problems.

On-slope pieces, no problems

Problem when both sides of the light rail has a RHW or NAM puzzle piece next to it.(Only one side is no problem)

(different angle)

I tried to re-drag both the RHW under and the light rail over, but nothing I do seems to fix it.
Thankful for any help I can get.

Maybe a OWR overpass (instead of a RHW overpass) could solve your problem.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Dino007

Quote from: mrtnrln on March 30, 2009, 01:55:18 AM
Maybe a OWR overpass (instead of a RHW overpass) could solve your problem.
Noup, it would be still the same. To solve this problem there should be ER over RHW puzzle piece.
TIGR

Haljackey

Let me see if I can be of some help here.

You are attempting to cross three tiles of transit networks over a RHW.  Remember that the RHW network uses the ANT left in the game and thus needs overrides to transform it into another network.  The default ANT was overridden to create the RHW-2 (what you see under the underpass) and puzzle pieces were made to further override this network to a RHW-4, RHW-6C, and so on.

This means without the puzzle piece override, the network will change back into a RHW-2.  Special network over/RHW pieces were made to prevent the network changing back into a RHW-2.  However, since the el-rail you have is dragged and is confined between two other overpasses (doesn't matter if its dragged or plopped), there is no way for the RHW-4 override to reach the el-rail.  The network will default to a RHW-2 on the other side of a network if there are no overrides.

In a nutshell, there is nothing in place to tell the game that you have a RHW-4 beneath your el-rail because of the two overpasses around it.  A similar problem exists for the smooth RHW-4 curves as well (defaults to RHW-2 at the other end.)

You will need to have a override stub tile in pace that comes from the RHW-4 starter piece.  However you cannot place a network over this tile.  You will need to move one (or both) RHW overpasses at least one tile away from the el-rail so a proper override can be initiated.  An example is shown below:

Look at where the RHW-4 overpasses are located and notice a tile between them.  The MIS ramp to the right also works because both tiles around the overpass have been overridden, allowing the RHW-4 to replace the RHW-2 beneath.  You will have to construct your overpass in a similar manner to get the same result.

Anyways I hope this helps!

Best,
-Haljackey

Tarkus

Actually, the solution here is simple--I need to write some code to allow that setup. Shouldn't be too hard to do, fortunately.

-Alex

woodb3kmaster

I like what I see so far! Good work, folks!

In preparing for my next Nyhaven update, I've come across a couple more situations where I need more diagonal possibilities that don't exist yet:

As you can see, I can't yet complete these interchanges because there are certain Diagonal-over-Orthogonal and Orthogonal-over-Diagonal situations that haven't been defined. (I tested these same situations in isolation and found that they cause reversion to RHW-2.) I don't want to ask for too much too soon, but if you guys have already created RULs and models for these situations, I'd love to get my hands on a little update. If this isn't possible, I understand.

In any event, keep up the terrific work!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

delta9

Just out of curiosity, I was looking at older posts related to the Big Dig (unfortunate that blahdy has disappeared) and saw a couple of references to URHW, in this context as opposed to using subway lines. Now I know that those plans have been nixed, but I was wondering about the mechanics of the URHW, and why it didn't work. I couldn't find anything about the results of whatever tests whoever was doing ;) so I'm really intrigued about this seeming dead-end. How was it to work? From what little information I can garner (one post here and one or two on ST) it was to be a sort of network of its own. Was it based on subway or somehow the current RHW network via some new tunnel-related/otherwise underground voodoo? Can you elaborate on this?

Thanks,
Wayne

Jonathan

I think what your talking about it an experiment with putting car paths on the subway network, and making cars travel on them, it worked except under buildings and networks, where the cars would jump up to the surface and go and work in the buildings above, and when networks crossed it stopped working altogether, but in very few cases the cars would jump up to the surface and continue on the networks on the surface, so it is unusable with our current limited knowledge of the subway network.

Jonathan

Owaen

Thanks for your replies Haljackey and Alex. :thumbsup:

I will use Hal´s workaround until some code has been written  $%Grinno$%

genemc777

Do you think that sometime in the near future that you can connect the RHW to the in game highway system? I would like to ake a six lane bridge but I wont be able to go back to using the RHW 6

MandelSoft

I've released the RHW Euro Textures on the STEX!
For anyone who wants to Eurofy his RHW, here you have a mod that does the job.

Wanna have this mod? Get your copy here!

Oh yeah, it's my birthday today  :)! I have sworn to myself that I would finish this mod before or on my birthday. Seems like I kept my promise  ;)

Best,
Maarten

EDIT: LOL! The mod already generated 6 downloads in just 3 minutes
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jmvl

Wow, Maarten, your new RHW Euro Textures are great! :thumbsup: They make the game a little bit more "European". Thank you very much!
I've waited a long time for this. Also, congratulations on your birthday and on making these wonderful textures! &apls

carkid1998

Yesss! Thankyou!!

And I might start a mayor diary today....

U got to eurofy my Rhw!!
Sendona... Coming soon!

Owaen

Congrats Maarten, and thank you !  I have been waiting for this  ;D

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Tarkus

Maarten, happy birthday, and congratulations on the release!  Fantastic work!  I'm sure you've just made a lot of Euro RHW users' days. :thumbsup:

-Alex

Ryan B.

Nice job, Maarten - and many happy returns on your birthday!