• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

QuoteYeah, FARR-MIS pieces.  Grin  You are doing great work. But will be puzzle RHW-4+MIS -> RHW-6, to make acceleration lines?

Technically, they're FAMIS-1 pieces.

And the ramp is a Ramp Type E :p

As for RHW-4+FAMIS > RHW-6... that is on the checklist. I want to get the FAMIS basic set useable (ie. transitions to normal MIS etc etc) before I continue adding new ramp types.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

art128

Daniel, that is an awesome surprise there !! The FAMIS is looking fantastic !!
-Arthur.

(more surprise like that ?? )
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

just_a_guy

I like surprises! They're great, just like FAMIS. I would definitly use them!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

swat-medic

I wonder if there are plans to make some pieces so i can finish this  ;D

Looking very good Daniel, and the rest of the team! :)

Tarkus

Well, first of all, I'd like to make an announcement--as you probably could guess, Daniel (Shadow Assassin) will be returning to the NAM Team and the RHW Project.  Welcome back--and excellent work on those new pieces!

And Blue, fantastic work on figuring that RHW-6C bridge implementation out!  That's a very nifty method you've figured out, and the model looks great, too!

And Jake (swat-medic), Hi-El-Rail over RHW pieces are on the list.  Should be relatively easy to add once I get a free moment--I've been wrestling the Orthogonal ERHW-4-over-Diagonal RHW-4 RULs. :)

-Alex

BigSlark

Quote from: Tarkus on July 29, 2009, 03:49:45 PM
I've been wrestling the Orthogonal ERHW-4-over-Diagonal RHW-4 RULs. :)

-Alex

Now that's music to my ears...

Cheers,
Kevin

Monorail Master

Good. What about the HSR and High Monorail pieces?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

u.mueller

If I may chime in...

First of all, it is a delight to read upon the excellent progress made in this thread regarding RHW development every day! :thumbsup:

As there has already been a wave of questions pertaining to needed pieces for the next RHW version(s), I could definitely use more basic pieces such as orthogonal / diagonal ERHW/EMIS pieces, smooth RHW/MIS curves (45°/90°/180°/270°).

Also I was wondering if it were possible to make curved ramp pieces for RHW? My imagination draws a 6x6 puzzle piece with a 90° curved ramp...

At any rate whatever you choose to release with next versions of RHW, keep up this splendid work!

Cheers,
U :-\

the7train

Wow Blue Lightning, that bridge looks great!  I just have a question on functionality.  Since you said its two separate RHW4 bridges, will that mean it will only have capacity of RHW4 going each way instead of RHW-6C?  Either way its phenomenal work and looks great!  Also, are you working on RHW-8/10 bridges too?

WC_EEND

Quote from: Monorail Master on July 29, 2009, 08:56:55 PM
Good. What about the HSR and High Monorail pieces?

HSR related questions should be asked in the HSRP topic
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 29, 2009, 07:24:34 AM
*whistles innocently*

alternate image link if the above is being slow

I learnt how to make puzzle pieces.  ;D

Thanks to Blue Lightning for giving valuable help, particularly when making the actual S3D files.

So, you learnt how to make puzzle pieces? That's good news, and the puzzle pieces look very good as well. I also welcome your return to the NAM and RHW teams.

Quote from: swat-medic on July 29, 2009, 01:02:57 PM
I wonder if there are plans to make some pieces so i can finish this  ;D

Looking very good Daniel, and the rest of the team! :)

Ah, I have had that same feeling many times. RHW 3.0 cured most of my missing sections, but there are inevitably a few. I hope that the pieces you need will be included in 4.0, as I could use them myself  ;D.
Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 29, 2009, 08:07:01 AM
Technically, they're FAMIS-1 pieces.

And the ramp is a Ramp Type E :p

As for RHW-4+FAMIS > RHW-6... that is on the checklist. I want to get the FAMIS basic set useable (ie. transitions to normal MIS etc etc) before I continue adding new ramp types.

FAMIS? What a good acronym that is. You NAMers sure have a talent for it (but then, in my city journal at ST I have the "FTAI", so it might not be a rare talent, but I might just have it myself).

swat-medic

Quote from: Tarkus on July 29, 2009, 03:49:45 PM
Well, first of all, I'd like to make an announcement--as you probably could guess, Daniel (Shadow Assassin) will be returning to the NAM Team and the RHW Project.  Welcome back--and excellent work on those new pieces!

And Blue, fantastic work on figuring that RHW-6C bridge implementation out!  That's a very nifty method you've figured out, and the model looks great, too!

And Jake (swat-medic), Hi-El-Rail over RHW pieces are on the list.  Should be relatively easy to add once I get a free moment--I've been wrestling the Orthogonal ERHW-4-over-Diagonal RHW-4 RULs. :)

-Alex

Very good to know!  Good luck on the creation process  ()stsfd()

I tried a little retexturing myself.. didn't go as planned. :P

smoncrie

I have been working on a Cosmetic Mod to make RHW puzzle pieces look better.  It makes them a little better at zoom 5, a fair bit better at zoom 4, and a lot better at zoom 3.

This picture shows the puzzle pieces as they originally looked at zoom 4, and then as they look with the mod.

This picture shows the puzzle pieces as they originally looked at zoom 3, and then as they look with the mod.

The mod improves many of the RHW puzzle pieces but not yet all of them.  I hope that it will be added to the next RHW version.

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

sithlrd98

Ouch...these last posts by SA & Smoncrie are hot! Look great both of you!

Jayson

swat-medic

As you said Daniel.  Squee.

smoncrie: Looking very nice, a much ndeded improvement.  ;D

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Excellent work, Daniel ! That intersection is fabulous !

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 30, 2009, 11:24:36 AM
More to come soon.
I hope that, I hope that....  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog