• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierrebaptiste

Hello  ;)

Sorry if I repet this , but when I have installed NWM and NAM 2010 in LHD , files control in RHD are in the installation and my road were in RHD mod on the game.  &mmm

I have reinstall this twice time and. I have viewed my document in plugin and I have deleted file in RHD control . I have placed document in LHD in a file zzz control LHD , with this manipulation it is good in the game , roads were in LHD side.  :)

j-dub

@Tarkus: I wonder if basing RHW neighbor connector pieces over the Maxis highway neighbor connections would work out since some RHW bridges are built off using the Maxis highways. I don't know, just a thought.

pierrebaptiste

Hello  ;)

I have found this picture (freeway with 2x4 lanes). With informations that I have colleted , I think that is a trying to change default maxis freeway in 2x3 lanes by a 2x4 lanes.

Or might be it is a freeway in the RHW 2010 ? 

If it is the RHW 2010 , where a I can find this ( it is a mod or a lot , can you give me the like ?) , in my game I have a freeway with 3+4 lanes  ;D 

This freeway it is a trying or a real creation for the game ? Have you other informations about this project ?

Thanks  ;)  :thumbsup:

If this freeway does not exist i think that is a good project  &idea 

io_bg

I'm pretty sure this is a photoshopped picture...
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MandelSoft

Well, Maxis Highways are very hard to mod, so I don't see this project to get started anywhere soon.

And the picture is photoshopped indeed. You can see imperfections at the bottom.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Highrise99

Quote from: jdenm8 on May 27, 2010, 05:38:19 PM
I have the same problem. The paths are fine (I've seen automata using it), it's the preview arrows that are the wrong way around. I've also noticed that in most of my cities, I can't place some of the connectors on the Eastern edge, it places them one tile into the city.
I know!
I have the exact same bug on the eastern side!
It only lets me place one of the connectors in one direction.
However, it lets me connect the RHW-4 and the RHW-2.

Highrise99

Quote from: Tarkus on May 28, 2010, 01:08:11 PM
It's a special "debug" cheat that EA/Maxis used for their own internal purposes to check the pathing on transit networks to make sure everything's working, and Buggi released a DLL file unlocking it and a number of others back a few years ago.  You can pick up the DLL file that enables it here.  Just hit Ctrl-X in-game, type "DrawPaths" into the box that appears and the transit paths will show up.  To turn the paths in, bring the box up again with Ctrl-X and type in "HidePaths".

-Alex
Thanks a lot!
I also love the other cheats that were added, especially the LotPlop, which allows me to make an eye candy city.

Highrise99

I think the NAM team should know about the "arrow bug", the "east side bug", and well, what other bugs exactly?
Are there any other know issues with the RHW?

Tarkus

I just checked the LHD Plugin with a clean installation, and the arrows and everything were on the correct side for LHD mode.  Thus, the so-called "arrow bug" is not a bug, but merely a symptom of installation issues.  If you're running into it, either you do not have the RHW's LHD Plugin installed, or you have something in your Plugins conflicting with it.

The "eastside bug" is actually the result of an odd quirk with the game itself that prevents multi-tile puzzle pieces oriented north-south from being fully rotated on the east side of the city tile.  I re-oriented the pieces last night, and will have a fix available soon, but it will require you to rebuild any existing RHW-6C, RHW-8, and RHW-10 Neighbor Connections, as re-orienting required changing the IIDs of some of the tiles due to RUL 0x10000000's AutoTileBase mechanism.

-Alex

Highrise99

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 29, 2010, 11:04:48 AM
Well, Maxis Highways are very hard to mod, so I don't see this project to get started anywhere soon.

And the picture is photoshopped indeed. You can see imperfections at the bottom.
The imperfections are actually on the top. "$Deal"$
This could very well be a modded version of the RHW-8C.

Highrise99

Quote from: Tarkus on May 29, 2010, 02:08:09 PM
I just checked the LHD Plugin with a clean installation, and the arrows and everything were on the correct side for LHD mode.  Thus, the so-called "arrow bug" is not a bug, but merely a symptom of installation issues.  If you're running into it, either you do not have the RHW's LHD Plugin installed, or you have something in your Plugins conflicting with it.

The "eastside bug" is actually the result of an odd quirk with the game itself that prevents multi-tile puzzle pieces oriented north-south from being fully rotated on the east side of the city tile.  I re-oriented the pieces last night, and will have a fix available soon, but it will require you to rebuild any existing RHW-6C, RHW-8, and RHW-10 Neighbor Connections, as re-orienting required changing the IIDs of some of the tiles due to RUL 0x10000000's AutoTileBase mechanism.

-Alex
To conduct a clean installation, would I need to uninstall all the NAM mods? ()what()
If it is necessary, would it affect my current cities with NAM mods if I didn't open them until the NAM mods were re-installed? ()what()
I am very sure that there are no RHD files floating around. "$Deal"$
When you create a patch, please post a link to the download. :)

Also, about the DrawPaths code:
I discovered that the neighbor connector pieces have green arrows in both directions.

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Tarkus

Quote from: Highrise99 on May 29, 2010, 03:10:04 PM
To conduct a clean installation, would I need to uninstall all the NAM mods? ()what()
If it is necessary, would it affect my current cities with NAM mods if I didn't open them until the NAM mods were re-installed? ()what()
I am very sure that there are no RHD files floating around. "$Deal"$

By "clean install", I mean take everything out of your Plugins, then install the NAM, RHW, etc., making sure you are selecting the LHD Plugins on each of them.  Slowly move your other Plugins back in, testing to make sure you're not adding the conflicting file back in.

Quote from: Highrise99 on May 29, 2010, 03:10:04 PM
When you create a patch, please post a link to the download. :)

The main RHW file itself will be getting updated for this one, so the existing link will take you to it when it's been uploaded.

-Alex

smileymk

Hi guys, great work with RHW 4.0, however, I seem to be having a little trouble with my MIS. It doesn't seem to work:

I've tried starters and filler pieces - still doesn't work. And I have looked through my Plugins for outdated files and found nothing incriminating. Also, this junction was created with RHW 3.0 originally and I have the LHD version of the NAM and RHW.
Any fixes?

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Highrise99

QuoteThe main RHW file itself will be getting updated for this one, so the existing link will take you to it when it's been uploaded.
Please let us all know when the file has been updated-
maybe even post it in the news.
Also,
I am amazed how you can create a mod for this! &apls
Don't get me wrong-
I can make a simple mod if I need to "$Deal"$, but this is just amazing! &apls

Tarkus

Quote from: smileymk on May 30, 2010, 08:44:41 AM
Hi guys, great work with RHW 4.0, however, I seem to be having a little trouble with my MIS. It doesn't seem to work:

You've got an outdated Bridge Controller file somewhere in your Plugins, which is causing problems with the UK/LHD Path Remapping in your game.  Find and remove that and you should be fine.

Highrise99, a couple words of advice on forum decorum--please refrain from making multiple postings in immediate succession, and maybe not use so many smilies.

Are you absolutely certain you have a copy of the game where the vehicles drive on the left side of the road?  The RHW's LHD Plugin works perfectly fine on my end, so I'd check to make sure you don't have any other files floating around that are causing it.  Check both Plugins folders and if you're using the DatPacker, make sure you've cleared any and all DatPacked NAM files out of Plugins_Compressed.

-Alex

Highrise99

What is the DatPacker and Plugins_Compressed?

dragonshardz

Also, smileymk, I'd suggest getting a slope mod.

Highrise99, the DatPacker is a utility available on the LEX that compresses your plugins into .dat files. Plugins_Compressed is the folder that is the default output folder for DatPacker.

smileymk

@ Tarkus: I've tried to find the rogue file, but a search on my computer only found one Bridge Controller on my system, and that file is dated 4th May 2010 (or something like that). Moving it out of my Plugins directory, along with a file called RHW_Bridges, has made no difference.

Unless the rogue file isn't called Network_Addon_Mod_Bridges_Plugin_Controller.dat - because that's the file I identified. (And no, I haven't renamed anything.)

Also, dragonshardz, would you mind keeping comments on the quality of my city to yourself please, at least on this thread. I believe that this thread is for discussing development of the RHW...

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Highrise99

Quote from: Tarkus on May 30, 2010, 02:42:04 PM
Are you absolutely certain you have a copy of the game where the vehicles drive on the left side of the road?  The RHW's LHD Plugin works perfectly fine on my end, so I'd check to make sure you don't have any other files floating around that are causing it.  Check both Plugins folders and if you're using the DatPacker, make sure you've cleared any and all DatPacked NAM files out of Plugins_Compressed.

-Alex
When I first got the game, the vehicles drove on the right side.  I decided I wanted the vehicles to drive on the left side.  I found a process that changed from RHD to LHD.  It was accurate and worked.  So technically, I do have a game where the vehicles drive on the left side.  I checked both plugin folders, both in C://program Files/Maxis/Simcity 4 Deluxe*/Plugins, and My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins.

*The folder that would normally say "English" is now "UKEnglsh", so therefore, I have successfully changed the language.