• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo_su

Can I ask, if possible, of course, show me a picture of RHW-10C. It would be more than amazing to see how it looks this gem. Otherwise, once I think, the transition from L-0 to L-4 is a huge melting a height of 30 meters, it will take at least six tiles space.

GDO29Anagram

Given how the models for the L0-L1 transition are set up, an L0-L4 transition would only need to be 13 tiles long, and only one tile wide since only three networks would ever need that kind of transition.

And there's currently no starter created for the 10C, though activating its RUL-2 code would be a simple matter of copying what was made for the 6S.

Just imagine two 6S networks with a one-tile gap in the middle that's paved over with lanes, because geometrically, that's (almost) what it is.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jondor

Quote from: ivo_su on September 25, 2012, 02:04:50 PM
Can I ask, if possible, of course, show me a picture of RHW-10C. It would be more than amazing to see how it looks this gem. Otherwise, once I think, the transition from L-0 to L-4 is a huge melting a height of 30 meters, it will take at least six tiles space.

As Ganaram said, there's no starter created yet and the 10C may not make it into this release cycle, but at the very least the base network models do exist:

That's a reader shot of the working model I used to create the individual tiles.  The whole thing uses only the orthogonal texture in a manner similar to existing MORPH curves, but with improved UV maps to eliminate artifacts with trilinear filtering.  That allows the model-based pieces to look nearly identical to texture-based pieces at all zoom levels.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Tarkus

Those of you wondering about the 4-tile-long L0-to-L2 transitions, they won't be going away, and the plans also include creating 7-tile-long L0-to-L2 transitions.  In fact, here's a breakdown of the current plans for "ramp-style" transitions:

-3-tile L0-to-L1 (and L1-to-L2, L2-to-L3, L3-to-L4)
-4-tile L0-to-L1 (and L1-to-L2, L2-to-L3, L3-to-L4)
-4-tile L0-to-L2 (and L1-to-L3, L2-to-L4)
-7-tile L0-to-L2 (and L1-to-L3, L2-to-L4)
-10-tile L0-to-L3 (and L1-to-L4)
-13-tile L0-to-L4

There might be shorter L0-to-L3 and L0-to-L4 transitions offered as well, though the geometry and size is to be determined.

Now, back to the overpasses--the base code for DxO setups are essentially done.  The code for the 10C overpass exists as well, though as the network itself doesn't have a starter, I can't show it.  The barrier T21s have not been re-added to the C-type medians yet, and that'll be something we'll do later.

-Alex

eggman121

Wow Very nice Tarkus.

Also thanks for keeping the  L0 to L2 4 tile transition in the next release. I'm sure this piece has been used alot for many interchanges. This transition can be made more realistic by placing it onslope as shown in the picture below. It has to be the starterless version for it to work

Anyway keep up the good work  :thumbsup:

Tarkus

Thanks!  And that's a neat trick there, of which I wasn't even aware . . . and it should work even better next version. :thumbsup:

And the OxD setups over single-tile RHW networks are complete already:

The multi-tilers will be a bit . . . interesting, but as easily as that went, probably not as hard as the multi-tile DxO setups were (or as hard the multi-tile DxD setups will be).

-Alex

Haljackey

Geesh this project just keeps chugging along. So much compatibility... would never have dreamed about this much a few years back.

Thumbs up, and keep up the great work!  :thumbsup:

dragonshardz

Speaking of compatibility, it sure would be nice to have an ortho-rail-over-diagonal-6C puzzle piece.

Also...when the 10C does come, any plans for a 10 --> 2+3 exit? I forget what the proper nomenclature would be, but, essentially, a 10C to 4-and-6C. Would help immensely with SPUIs.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: dragonshardz on September 25, 2012, 09:44:28 PM
Also...when the 10C does come, any plans for a 10 --> 2+3 exit? I forget what the proper nomenclature would be, but, essentially, a 10C to 4-and-6C. Would help immensely with SPUIs.

Depending on the angle, that would be a 10C D2, 10C E2, or 10C F2. :P

Though I'd personally go for the 10C A/B/C2. Either way, that's a matter of texturing and how to implement it using Flex or not.
<INACTIVE>
-----

dragonshardz

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 25, 2012, 10:17:09 PM
Quote from: dragonshardz on September 25, 2012, 09:44:28 PM

Depending on the angle, that would be a 10C D2, 10C E2, or 10C F2. :P

Though I'd personally go for the 10C A/B/C2. Either way, that's a matter of texturing and how to implement it using Flex or not.

Well, it's only 10C-A/D2 that would be useful for SPUI interchanges, so...yeah.

Also, 8C-A/D2 would be useful as well.

...I might try texturing these at some point.

Patricius Maximus

I see that progress on the RHW is proceeding at a galloping pace.

Quote from: Tarkus on September 24, 2012, 06:39:36 PM
Those of you who were worried about transitions . . . worry no longer.

-Alex

Great. I prefer for my interchange ramps to be taller, like L2, but I have many situations where L1 content would be convenient, all falling under the "simple overpass" or "simple flyover" category. For just one overpass or one flyover ramp (like a suburban partial Y) an L2 ramp just seems a bit too tall.

Quote from: Tarkus on September 25, 2012, 01:53:43 AM
Thanks! :)  And now the 10S DxO overpass works.

Looking better all the time....

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 25, 2012, 01:02:42 PM
At best, other height transitions such as L0-L3 and L0-L4 (and it's likely that there will be an elongated L0-L2 piece) are yet to be seen.

An elongated L0-L2 piece would be nice to have in situations where we can afford to elongate it, but there are many situations in SC4 where forcing a longer piece just doesn't work. Both the current short piece and the elongated piece should be available.

Quote from: jondor on September 25, 2012, 02:54:40 PM
As Ganaram said, there's no starter created yet and the 10C may not make it into this release cycle, but at the very least the base network models do exist:

That's a reader shot of the working model I used to create the individual tiles.  The whole thing uses only the orthogonal texture in a manner similar to existing MORPH curves, but with improved UV maps to eliminate artifacts with trilinear filtering.  That allows the model-based pieces to look nearly identical to texture-based pieces at all zoom levels.

It looks good. With the barriers it would look like a classic American-style urban freeway.

Quote from: Tarkus on September 25, 2012, 04:43:08 PM
Those of you wondering about the 4-tile-long L0-to-L2 transitions, they won't be going away, and the plans also include creating 7-tile-long L0-to-L2 transitions.  In fact, here's a breakdown of the current plans for "ramp-style" transitions:

-3-tile L0-to-L1 (and L1-to-L2, L2-to-L3, L3-to-L4)
-4-tile L0-to-L1 (and L1-to-L2, L2-to-L3, L3-to-L4)
-4-tile L0-to-L2 (and L1-to-L3, L2-to-L4)
-7-tile L0-to-L2 (and L1-to-L3, L2-to-L4)
-10-tile L0-to-L3 (and L1-to-L4)
-13-tile L0-to-L4

There might be shorter L0-to-L3 and L0-to-L4 transitions offered as well, though the geometry and size is to be determined.

It looks like a great lineup. Everything should be covered.

mike3775

I am simply amazed how this is just rolling along with ease(knocking on wood)

vinlabsc3k

It's awesome the new developement!! :thumbsup:

I've a question: there's a L1 RHW-2 OxO, DxO, OXD and DxD intersection with GHSR and HSR? ()what()
I hope there's for all heights. ;D

I've a suggestion:
For the straight ramps L0-L1 (L2-L3,L3-L4)=3 tiles, L0-L2 (L1-L3, L2-L4)=5 tiles, L0-L3 (L1-L4)=7 tiles and L0-L4=9 tiles
For the curved ones : L0-L1 (L2-L3,L3-L4)=3x3 tiles, L0-L2 (L1-L3, L2-L4)=5x5 tiles
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Tarkus

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on September 26, 2012, 05:12:48 PM
I've a question: there's a L1 RHW-2 OxO, DxO, OXD and DxD intersection with GHSR and HSR? ()what()
I hope there's for all heights. ;D

You can see some of them back around Page 524.

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on September 26, 2012, 05:12:48 PM
For the straight ramps L0-L1 (L2-L3,L3-L4)=3 tiles, L0-L2 (L1-L3, L2-L4)=5 tiles, L0-L3 (L1-L4)=7 tiles and L0-L4=9 tiles
For the curved ones : L0-L1 (L2-L3,L3-L4)=3x3 tiles, L0-L2 (L1-L3, L2-L4)=5x5 tiles

As the 4-tile version of the L0-L2 is already established, and the more "gradual" scale is going to be a 7-tile long transition, I don't think you'll see a 5-tile long version.

-Alex

GDO29Anagram

A math problem for those playing at home: Given 39 different networks, two different lengths of L0-L1 transitions, two different lengths of L0-L2 transitions, one confirmed length of L0-L3 transitions, and one confirmed length of L0-L4 transitions, and assuming that curved transitions are momentarily disregarded (which should only be for single-tilers), that all "higher" versions of each transition are counted (L1-L2, etc), that on and off transitions are counted as one (S-networks would need two versions, on and off, whereas C-networks only need one), and that asymmetrical C-networks are also disregarded, how many height transitions will there be in the end?
<INACTIVE>
-----

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

mike3775

memo

pagenotfound

ive been looking around on this thread and i saw an rhw roundabout interchange?! Is this gonna be in the next RHW? Because thats freaking awesome.  :o
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: pagenotfound on September 27, 2012, 09:43:02 PM
ive been looking around on this thread and i saw an rhw roundabout interchange?! Is this gonna be in the next RHW?

Hard to say, because it ISN'T RHW. It's MHW.

My guess: It's not gonna be part of the RHW, but part of something that's remotely related: The MHW to RHW mod.
<INACTIVE>
-----