• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Very exciting development, David. Plopable seasonal trees - along with other elements yet to come - will once again revolutionize the game. Last night my daughter asked me when there will be a SimCity5. I told her there already is and gave her the link to 3RR.

Later...
Joan

wes.janson

Hmmm.. can you be held liable for the fracture I recieved from my jaw hitting the ground?

Once again I am just flabbergasted (so much that I actually used the word flabbergasted) at the way you continue to shatter the limits of ths game.

My hat is off to David.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

thundercrack83

Amazing! Absolutely amazing breakthrough, David!

I knew there was a reason you were lurking in the shadows during the week--other than work, of course!

Take care, my friend!

Dustin

deathtopumpkins

Holy crap David! I never thought this would be possible... Looks like you finally found an excuse for not finishing your tutorial on making seasonal tree lots!  :D ;)

That is amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on those...

Knew something cool would be coming out of these last few days of silence.

118581 Almost a pallendrum

EDITHeh, dtp- here's a real one

that caught my eye this morning
. -DE
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

pilotdaryl

Seven words.
Ab-so-lute-ly A-ma-zing
1   2    3   4 5   6    7

Gaston

Wow David,
   These look great.    I knew you'd do it sooner or later.    ;D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Toichus Maximus

this is game-shaking! And also region-redeveloping... YOUVE MADE ME SO MUCH MORE WORK!!! **sobs**

Chrisadams3997

Words wouldn't quite say it

bat

That's excellent, David! Looking forward to more of your great stuff! ;)

btw, this is my 5750th post!!

JoeST

well, //no comment

I am flabbergasted

EDITThat's two folks, Joe, who are flabbergasted in the last eight comments.  Is it contagious?  What do you take to make it go away? -DE
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

mightygoose

now the potential to overlap that with none flora models... seasonal changes in mining equipment could approximate quarry activity much better than props could....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bakerton

What a sight. Ploppable seasonal trees are coming. David, you are the master of everythig to make the game better. Groovy dude. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

dedgren

We push the game pretty hard at 3RR.  I'm a huge fan of Chris's (Chrisadams3997) ploppable "Pasture Flora" [linkie], which is a SC4 superdetailer's dream.

The problem is, what happens when you have a late spring cold snap and overnight snow?

Channeling Vizzini [linkie]...

IN-compatible!!

So here's another glimpse into what ploppable seasonal stuff offers.

Winter.  No flowers, no lily pads.  Snow's gone, though, and the ice is out.

Early spring.  The leaves are back on the trees, and the lily pads are out.

Spring into summer (didn't George Winston [linkie] do that?).  Bees buzzin' in the lupines, frogs hoppin' off the pads.

Fall, and the flowers and lily pads are gone for the season.

Winter.  Snow and ice as far as the eye can see.

The next summer the lily pads are back in force.  The lupine is pretty lush, too.

At the end of summer, the last few pads hang on.

Here's a couple of shots from further out.

I promise not to keep everyone in suspense on this stuff too much longer.  I will note that, for now, it's two state- on and off.  So it's great for spring and summer plants and flowers.  Give it some time, though.  You just never know.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ryan B.

Uh-oh.  Your keyboard's making like tonight's supper here . . . . scrambled eggs!

Just wanted to let everyone know I might not be around as much for the next little while.  I'm having more computer power cord problems, and am only able to check in on my old desktop (when my brother's not using it) or at work.

dragonshardz

Now just imagine.....a tree controller for god mode Flora that puts down.....these seasonal trees!

THAT is my Holy Grail of SC4!

Incedentally, has anyone else noticed that we now have Google Ads in the forum?

~~Dragonshardz~~

JoeST

dragonshardz: thats a part of the forum upgrade...

and ohnoez not keyboard scrambling... I hope you can sort it soon, this stuff is once again game-changing...

also: I found my ST-thread backup code, and have started on a html-bbcode replacement script that will let me post all the code really easily

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wes.janson

Quote from: dragonshardz on August 31, 2008, 02:30:44 PM
Now just imagine.....a tree controller for god mode Flora that puts down.....these seasonal trees!

THAT is my Holy Grail of SC4!

Now that would make my day

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

dedgren

When good computers go bad.

My USB-HID keyboard driver is apparently corrupted, but I can't seem to uninstall it.  So I'm working around things by using an old PS2 serial bus (see red arrow) keyboard I had kicking around.  I'm going to finish up the previous post I was working on when disaster struck, then see if I do a better job of figuring things out.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

David first off I hope you can get the problem solved with the Keyboard and secondly I just dont have any words to describe what has taken place since last night!!!! 

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

deathtopumpkins

Good luck with the keyboard issues! They always seem to happen at the worst times, don't they?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores