• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 73!

That's a wonderful topo map, david! Looking forward to more!

dedgren

I woke up early this morning and got from here

to here

in a bit more than an hour.  So, we're moving along.

Here's a teaser of some fine terraforming I did late last night way up on the Canadian border.

I had planned to do a "bring everyone up to speed" post on the status of everything that's going on last night, but wound up corresponding with a few folks about the new Harry Potter book instead.  That will likely be tonight's project, along with Emil's yards.  I'll also note that I do a little bit more on the Gazetteer [linkie] all the time.

Thanks for all the great comments.  Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

That map is really starting to come together now, David. Only 220 more to go (if my count is correct)! Keep plugging away at it.

And by the way, I don't know if I mentioned it before, but the fine terraforming you are doing is making an already spectacular map if more spectacular! Excellent job!

dedgren

A little change in plans tonight.  I had to work on... well, work that I brought home tonight.

...d-mn RL, anyway!

So, I didn't get back to 3RR until late- just before midnight Alaska time (GMT-9).

I decided to finish up Silvio's (Rayden) collaboration quad map, as it was a finite thing that I could complete.

Still tons of stuff in the pipeline.  I'll try to get up early and give you those timeframes I referred to earlier.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

bat

A great new addition to that map, david! :thumbsup:

dedgren

This is just in case anyone would still have any doubt 3RR was conceived of as a region, instead of a collection of quads.

Here's where we're at with the quad outlines superimposed.

And here's a left-center-right series of the same, only larger.

Left

Center

Right

And, for those who dare, here's the last three images put together [linkie].  The combined image (385kb) will open in a new window.

RL still has me tied up pretty good.  I just work on the map late at night and early in the morning to keep moving it along.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

If I were anywhere other than 3RR, I wouldn't be able to believe how realistic that map looks. But that's the standard here! Great work, as always, my friend!

Take care,

Dustin

BigSlark

All hail David, the God of SC4!

In all seriousness, this is amazing work. Thank you for sharing this with us and for all the time you put into 3RR.

Cheers,
Kevin

Shadow Assassin

Lookin' good.

Recommendation: if you save the image of the top-down map as PNG, it'll load quicker, because there's only a few colours in that image. :P I can't wait to see what the rest of the region will be like...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

You are very fast, david! Great looking map and it is looking always better! :thumbsup:

tkirch

REply 1450.   THis place moves along fast.

Wow you continue to maze us with your work.  THe time and patience to do that and it looks great.  Can't wait for it all and enjoy coming in her eto look each day.

dedgren

Thought some of you might be interested in this.

I need an older-timey looking earth-filled dam for McLaren Flowage.  A bit of 'xperimenting really early this morning and I came up with this.

It was actually fairly easy.  I've never fooled around very much with the "game" revetments, but it doesn't look too bad for 30 minutes of effort.  This will bear exploring, perhaps in conjunction with a few of the seawalls or stone walls that are out there.

Here's a few more pics.

Finally, here's where the terrain map is as of right now, this morning.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

David only 30 mins man you are insanely nuts lol... in the good way of course that is lol... wow last few updates
have been really good... see you again btw man i wonder what i can catch at that dam? ? ? ?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Hey, that earth dam looks great there, David! I don't think I would have come up with that after 30 days, let alone 30 minutes! Great work!

...And the map is progressing well, too!

mightygoose

if its not too tricky pencil me back in boss

All Right!  We can do that!  -DE
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

BigSlark

I'm attempting to figure out how you figured out the earth dam. I've been thinking about it for around five hours now with no luck. All I have to say is wow! That's a really, really impressive discovery. And it now allows for easier, realistic looking reservoirs...
Cheers,
Kevin

bat

That dam is looking very great, david! Looking forward to more... :thumbsup:

emilin

Hi there, David!

I've been away for almost two weeks (up in a cabin on a small island in the Dala River (Dalälven)) with no electricty so I missed the wonderful "Emil's Yards" plack. Thank you!

Although I would have to note the the name of the baron would more likely be "Emil den Svenske" (with the "e" at the end) or just "Emil Svensk" (though that name would probably not belong to a baron at all, but rather a footsoldier of the Swedish 19th century army).

I also have to add that I really like this quad by quad presentation of the region that is taking place right now. It's nice to look at each of the tiles and really have time to see the amazing terraforming skills you possess. For instance: Saddleback mountain looks stunning despite being a very normal hill. Actually, that is probably the thing, it all looks so real. Bravo! &apls

Edit: further research into the hierarkies of Swedish nobility also reveals that there are no Swedish barons. That title seems to be used in other countries. The Swedish hierarky in that time would be "king -> duke -> count -> friherre (free lord) -> untitled nobility". My guess would be that "Emil den Svenske" was most likely conning the local authorities when he came over the Atlantic and settled in 3RR.  :D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

Kevin (BigSlark) and all...

Do these help?

Emil (emilin)- Welcome back!  I'll address the issues you've raised shortly.

Take care, all.  Weekend's coming up, and you know what that means, 3RR-wise.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

So THAT'S how you do it! It makes sense now, though I never would have thought to do that. Excellent find, David! I'll be waiting in eager anticipation to see what you have planned for this weekend!