• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

First of all, thanks for the mapples  :thumbsup:

But I'm sorry to hear you retire  ()sad().
You really made great contributions, too bad there won't be any more to look forward to.
All the best and take care.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Kergelen

What a pity to read about your retirement ()sad()

I can only said thanks for all your creations . You make me dream with your flora and have created a set of memorable seasonal flora. Your flora is the present and will be the future for a long time. :thumbsup:
Again many thanks!
I wish you the best. :)

Links to SC4 websites

jafmo

Many thanks for all your work.
Best wishes for your future.

José

weixc812

what a pity to hear your retirement, a big loss to the SC4 community...
anyway, your great works will be remembered by us forever  &apls
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

gutterclub

This is a shame, you released so many great things and feel you were getting better and better. Shame we never got to see Signal and EDF towers..both looked gorgous, but you have released so much good work and changed the game forever with your trees.

FrankU

Hi Girafe,

Pity to say good bye to you. Your work was always great. Your advice was always welcome. I wish you good times to come. Thanks for all the contributions.

Frank

noahclem

I can't thank you enough for all the enormous contributions you've made to this game. Your seasonal flora is absolutely amazing. I was so happy just to have the first couple releases and then they just kept coming! The seasonal maples and conifers stand out as particularly essential to my cities, but the smaller cat tails and bushes have filled a really important niche too--and there isn't a tree you've released that I don't use, even the old ones that aren't modded to be seasonal. Recently, I've also had a chance to use your skiing lots and they're absolutely fantastic, giving me some of the most SC4 fun I've had in a while. Though best known as "The Floraler" your skyscraper work was equally impressive and I look forward to using it in my cities.

I have to hope that your retirement is not permanent but whether or not that is the case I wish you all the best in life and hope you are as successful outside of SC4 as you have been in this game.

Your work is probably second only to the NAM in importance in Siilijoki and will be for a long time to come. Thanks again and good luck!

-Noah

ivo_su

Oh my heart breaks that we have to part with your giraffe. Your absence will weigh pretty much me and you will really miss you. Thank you for everything you have created for us. Your work will always be remembered because they are uniquely beautiful and successful.
  I wish you much success and luck from here on. And if someday you decide to return, you should know that I will do a lot of people happy.

- Ivo  :'(

Delecto

What a sad sad news for the community,  :'( nothing will ever be the same without the Girafe.  ::)

Anyway, I wish you the best and send you my best regards my friend.  :sunny:

Samuel.

PS: Thank you for your last present!  :thumbsup:

Yan077

Don't believe it... what a pity  ()sad() You'll really miss you Antoine, here in SC4D, we'll never forget all your immense and fabulous work... until your come back cos I should like to think that is not a definitive retirement...  ::)

Anyway, I wish you all the best for the future, hope everything works out for you !

And thank you so much for the awesome last present  &apls &apls &apls

Yann  :thumbsup:

Badsim

Antoine ...  we both know  you're at that age when even a guinea-fowl needs to start its professional life . We spoke sometimes about that expiration date having to arrive someday and I thought I was mentally ready to hear that . Considering the bad economic situation of France ( just like for many others countries if not all , finding themselves at the same impasse ) , and notably the dramatic situation of unemployment for the youngest generations , if professional  considerations only are involved in your decision , it would be a blessing for you . Qualities and talent shown there may be not proper or useful on a Curriculum Vitae  but they are what you are ; there's nothing else to do than to wish you the best , wholeheartedly .

That being said as an indefectible friend . As VIP Team member , what I feel right now is a deep worry , as SC4 community member , what I feel right now is an immense gratitude for all you gave us and an unspeakable sadness .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Orange_o_

I met Antoine in the TSC site in 2008. He had a passion for railways, and it fell as much myself, I model automata.
We spent long evenings on msn, to create the X_Ter, which is still circulating in your cities.
I must admit it took me a lot of patience with this young man.
Then one day, tired of making skins for automata, he opened the BAT. Unconsciousness of youth, it made that:

Which for a first approach, already ... impressive.

And then gradually, consulting advice, from night to night, him, which eventually give me advice.

I even ended up giving "Antoine" as a name to my second son.

But it's time for our favorite Girafe, to face the real world after both work for the community.

And unlike other I sincerely hope that this retreat is ultimately what will be a very good thing for him.  :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Sciurus

Ferme les yeux tu verras ce sera pas long
Transporte toi vers de nouveaux horizons
Vers de nouveaux horizons, entourés de...
Vers de nouveaux horizons, entourés de...

Son âme te transporte et t'emmène vers l'au-delà
Les yeux de Babylone resteront figés sur toi
Écoute ton cœur et ne fais pas le mauvais choix

This are lyrics of a french song by Melissa N'Konda. But if you don't understand french, it doesn't matter, the most important hereis that Girafe is leaving us and let behind him a great heritage of BATs and MODs.

I hope to see you soon back here cher Antoine, and that your leave is not definitive.

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

rooker1

I'm very sad in a way that you are leaving us, but on another level sounds like you going to begin another stage of your life and I wish you all the best in what ever endeaver is in front of you.
Good luck,
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

MandelSoft

Good luck with whatever you'll be doing next, Girafe. We will miss you here!  :(

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

marsh

Such abrupt news. Even so it's sad to see you go. You've created the best trees for the game and I think you know how grateful I am for it. :)

,marsh

carlfatal

That´s hard to hear, so sad... You´re a so outstanding artist, Your seasonal flora is the best ever seen in SC4 and for a long time it will be. You have done so much for us, i only want to say thank You. The economic situation, as Cédric said: it´s a pity that this should stop one of the most talented BATters here.
But for now i wish You the best, have a good time wherever You are! And like everybody here i still hope You will come back.
Grettz, Carl

Aaron Graham

I hope you come back, this is so hard to take in. :(
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

namspopof

Yes I hope too.
Your work, your rigor and your talent are just perfect.  ::)
STRATEGIUM ALLIANCE
The French site for strategic simulation in real time, member of French associative network Jeux-Stratégie.com
My BAT for SC4
ToutSimCitiesFrench site for SC4.

Girafe

dedgren, vortext, Kergelen, jafmo, weixc812, gutterclub, FrankU, noahclem, ivo_su, Cédric, David, Yann, Samuel, Guillaume, Robin, Maarten, marsh, carlfatal, Aaron Graham, namspopof

Thanks all for your kind words.  ::) ::)

I didn't think but I will retire more progressively, as I found few minutes during the week ends to open 3ds, thus I would like to finish some small props and projects in the old boxes.

At first, a quick reply to my dear guinea fowl. I am Very proud you give this name to your second son :)

"project will never be released, I have not computer for rendering next steps of this project"

I recover few props from my private collection and made a special french engine with Beyen badge for Rondnoir, meanwhile I made a second livery FRET:

I advanced a little bit on EDF tower, above all regarding the roof, it stays nonetheless lot of work:

Project is so huge, and I don't have any time to focus on it... will see later about this case.

I will focus on flora, my main domain  :satisfied:.

With the guinea fowls, we started to develop fields and especially wheat fields with props and lots. It seems this technic is not so appropriate for the game and asks hours of lotting for Cédric, which is boring.

pic by Cédric

Second solution is to make seasonable props which could be plop in mayor mod. It will not flood the menu and are more friendly for landscapers. Maybe it will be less beautiful as we can't do rows with MMP.

So for time, wheat and rape are in progress.
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *