• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Wait I hope someone else caught that in the Title? Anyways what you see is just the start, any tips and ideas so far by all means let me know.... What I am looking for is some new flora and rocks to play with...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Jmouse

First of all, I'm so glad to see you working on Waterfalls again, Pat. I like the rocks and sticks you've used to decorate the river's exit. So often shorelines are overdone. **looks sadly at own work** The blue "wash" need to look more realistic, but with your experience and talent, that shouldn't be difficult for you to do. Which "wavy" water mod are you using?

Pat

Hiya Compdude, thank you for coming on over to WaterFalls.....

Hey Joan, Im actually using my own Waterfalls Mod I did for BLaM many moons ago lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

So here is a newest installment of Waterfalls a New Journey..... Just messing around with the plugins, had to a restore as well I had cleaned up my folder and accidently deleted a lot of historical lots, most of them custom made as one special lot I did for Kumba.....

Swordmaster

Nice looking oil depot with the yard and the STR lines. Also good to see we're getting unbiased news reports! :P $%Grinno$%

Cheers
Willy

Jmouse

Nice Photos, Pat.  The tanker yard is well placed and looks good. And somebody's really "Settin' the Woods on Fire." Wonder if it was Hank Williams or George Wallace. I'm kind of partial to ol' Hank myself.

Pat

Thank you Willy and ya right gotta be unbiased in reporting the news lol

Joan thank you and I think ole Hank had a hand in that somewhere and some how lol

Pat

Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Hrmmm I think I'm sure I want to reply? How about it, do you all want to see Waterfalls return or just let a sleeping giant sleep?

What should i use for image sharing? Im at a total loss without Imageshack and Photobucket ugggh...

Testing image hosting sites as I go to see who might work the best...

I do not own these images..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7SWpdRZfuo4Yyrj79

Pat

Welllllll here we go, just a small teaser of what ive been working on... This is my relot of Glenni's Brutalist 14th Floor Hospital... I think i finally figured out who to use for image hosting, Imgur... So now I will be cooking with crisco lol

art128

Well starting a new topic would definitely feel fresh.
BTW don't expect a lot of comments.. Things have changed since the last time you posted. I'd consider it a good day if we get one or two comments.. You do get "likes" though. Really you can blame social medias and discords and stuff for that.

As for image hosting right now I believe the best monetary free option is Imgur. Otherwise Flickr is great too but you will need a pro account if you want to host a lot of pictures there.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

LucarioBoricua

Quote from: Pat on June 15, 2022, 06:03:10 PMWelllllll here we go, just a small teaser of what ive been working on... This is my relot of Glenni's Brutalist 14th Floor Hospital... I think i finally figured out who to use for image hosting, Imgur... So now I will be cooking with crisco lol

Never seen this hospital building before, where did you find it, or did you make it yourself?

Pat

Quote from: art128 on June 15, 2022, 09:46:15 PMWell starting a new topic would definitely feel fresh.
BTW don't expect a lot of comments.. Things have changed since the last time you posted. I'd consider it a good day if we get one or two comments.. You do get "likes" though. Really you can blame social medias and discords and stuff for that.

As for image hosting right now I believe the best monetary free option is Imgur. Otherwise Flickr is great too but you will need a pro account if you want to host a lot of pictures there.

Hey Art great to see you old friend and sad face about the state of the forums but least it will be a place still where i can showcase my creations...

Quote from: LucarioBoricua on June 16, 2022, 10:53:46 AM
Quote from: Pat on June 15, 2022, 06:03:10 PMWelllllll here we go, just a small teaser of what ive been working on... This is my relot of Glenni's Brutalist 14th Floor Hospital... I think i finally figured out who to use for image hosting, Imgur... So now I will be cooking with crisco lol

Never seen this hospital building before, where did you find it, or did you make it yourself?

The original Hospital is by Glenni and here is the link on the Stex... My relot is currently a personal item... I want to welcome you to Waterfalls and thank you for your comment here!

So now lets get to some meat of this update and here we have a transition from river to ocean...

Hope y'all enjoyed this mini update

Tarkus

Pat, it's great to see you back around these parts!  Waterfalls was definitely a classic and a community favorite, so seeing it back in action in some capacity would be a very welcome thing. :thumbsup:

-Alex

Pat

Thank you Alex that means alot to me!! I have here a river front im working on and well without further ado here we go

Ulisse Wolf

I like this river. Waiting to see the final result

NCGAIO

Pat, at another time could have contributed with more reality

While I agree with the admin..." Things have changed since the last time you posted.", it's always nice to see a comeback after a long absence. :) :)

Barroco Hispano

Quote from: NCGAIO on August 03, 2022, 10:48:01 AMPat, at another time could have contributed with more reality

How did you do those effects?  &apls
Barroco Hispano

NCGAIO

With due request for permission to write in the post

Basically by of the  plane S3D moving encounter trick.

It can be seen better in this other essay with the textures stoped

Barroco Hispano

Quote from: NCGAIO on August 06, 2022, 01:33:35 PMWith due request for permission to write in the post

Basically by of the  plane S3D moving encounter trick.

It can be seen better in this other essay with the textures stoped

Interesting, a pity that animations cannot be exported with 3DsMax.
Barroco Hispano