• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A little bit of Leirvik Laatefoss, Åkrafjorden and some of Hardanger

Started by Glenni, July 01, 2007, 08:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenni

On saturday, me and my parents drove to Leirvik, it's on the island Stord, a few miles from my town, Haugesund, as i've already told you guys. Anyway, the town celebrated it's 10 years anniversay as a town, because it got granted a town status in 1997.
It's a lovely little place, and it was even more lovely  that day, with shanty music, 3 of our largest sailships and lovely weather.

The row off the 3 ships.

Statsraad Lehmkuhl, the biggest sailship we got. It's hometown is Bergen.

Random shot looking at the other parts of the island.

Christian Radich, as you can see it belong to Oslo. :)

starting from front to back: Sørlandet, Christian Radich, and Statsraad Lehmkuhl.

The mountains on Stord, they're not that tall, only 700-800 metres.

Åkrafjorden is down there.

Hardanger: we wen't through here to get to Bergen on sunday.

Heh, actually we stopped on the road, to buy some strawberries, fresh from the fruit plantations, they were sure as hell tasty!
Låtefoss: Quite a tourist trap, it's far from our biggest though.

So that's it then, hope you like em!

Vario80

Nice pics!  :thumbsup: The Staatsraad Lehmkuhl has been anchored a few times here in Bremerhaven also, it is a nice ship. And as for the landscape you are really lucky to live on such a wonderful and natural place.
Okay we have the sea here too, but the landscape is totally flat..  ;D
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

Q-Tips

Thanks for showing those nice pics. Its a lovely place.I actually lived there for a year, but i was only three years old, so i dont remember anything. And have never been there since.

Pat

OMG i am sooooo droollling over the last shots of the waterfall wow... Glenni awsome pics and
thank you very much for sharing them

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Mulefisk

Thanks! I needed these after a week in Dennmark.

Gotta love those fjords.. :P