• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Places, Faces... pictures (on a semi-daily basis) by SimFox

Started by SimFox, January 31, 2008, 05:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimFox

SimFox

SimFox

SimFox

rooker1

too much of a good thing, Great pic, I like the blurred effect.

the night is upon us, another fantastic pic.  The alley is beautiful.

All your pics are very good, I enjoy stoppin in here to see these.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Yoman

Wow you get around  :o

And you take incredible pictures while you are at these locales.

SimFox

Thank you guys!

:)

die.stadt
berlin

rooker1

That is a very cool picture and a very unique building.
Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

SimFox

Quote from: marcszar on March 28, 2008, 12:07:43 PM
Now THAT is an excellent picture!  &apls

Such an interesting clash of different architectural eras, especially the postmodern "techy" style of architecture which can get a little nauseating after a while...  ::)

Ha ha!!
Well that's Berlin for you...
all the buildings in the shot were built withing just a couple of years.

But yes it is has that effect of being in the middle of some burg with History - and pretty intentionally so. It is Potsdammer Platz. In pre-war Berlin it has been the Hub of the city life. It was completely obliterated during the war by British bombings and later soviet artillery and natzies blowing up buildings to hold Russian army advance. After the war this formerly buzzy square found itself in the border zone of West and East Berlin and stood for almost 50 years in the condition it was left in may 1945. There was idea to bring life back to the area. And this chaotic styling was suppose to fake "passage of time". This was only partially successful. There are still plenty of space left to be filled. and even what filled looks almost all the time pretty deserted. Berlin has been experiencing big difficulties after reunification. The combined population of East and West had actually declined several hundred of thousands (by some estimates by almost 25%). Still I think it was a nice attempt, that borrowed extensively in various architectural styles common in the city over past 50 years.

SimFox

TheTeaCat

Wonderful additions &apls &apls

It is always a pleasure to see new pics here.
Deserves a cuppa I think ;D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

DFire870

What a great collection of pictures! I'm not very good at photography so I'm in awe. I love the "White Sun of Finland" and how the tree branches frame the sun, and I like "Flow" because while it's a building made of rigid steel and glass, it has that flowing water feel to it.

Can't wait to see more!

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

SimFox

SimFox

SimFox

squidi

SimFox

SimFox