• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade2k5

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

marsh

io_bg - 4
republic - 3

Going with io'. I just love those fireworks. (And the one in the bottom right looks like a flower. :P )

ecoba

silentbreaker

rooker1

More than 24 hours have passed and that makes io_bg the winner of this round.
Who will be our next challenger?

io_bg

The 24 hour rule has been in place just after the start of the contest.  I think it's important because some pictures have a lot of interest and get the votes while others may not, in which case there needs to be an end sooner than later to get onto the next round.  I'm willing to listen to any ideas on changing this rule if enough think it is needed.  I think it is necessary to have a 24 hour rule although I would consider changing the number of votes to a lesser amount to shorten the time span to win.  Tell me what you all think by PM or a short post in here after your vote.

Robin  :)
Call me Robin, please.

Badsim

I challenge .

"Photoshop effect against Photoshop effect" .... ;D

:thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

TiFlo

Badsim - 1
io_bg - 0

Beautifuly detailed scenery, full of life and as close to reality as can be. And I love the originality of your photoshopping.

rooker1

My vote goes to io_bg.  To be perfectly honest....I would have voted for Badsim's pic but I don't like the elephant, too silly for me, sorry.

Badsim - 1
io_bg - 1

Good luck to you both.  &apls

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Badsim

Glad to read that Robin .  ;D In fact it was a denunciation ( with humour ) of something I consider more important than the 24H rule ; use & abuse of photoshop effects , most of the time ruining pictures , praises , always praises everywhere ! ;D  ... I know objectivity isn't by this world , but at least in that kind of competition we should have SC4 strictly pictures ...  Well , the joke lasted enough , you can break this round and let another challenger come in ... but just think about it .  :thumbsup:

So , io_bg against ??????????

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

io_bg

Guys, I'm afraid my pic has already went past 3 rounds, so, Badsim, you can challenge someone else ;)  ;D
Thanks to everyone who voted for me :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

serebii666

I guess I'll try with a fossil that survived the deaths of 2 computers... ;D

"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

2b2gbi

If Badsim isn't challenging? I think?

Then I'll challenge serebii666 making it:

2b2gbi

VS

Serebii666

You can call me Jon. :)

Check out my MD: Bienville, Missouri

blade2k5

Quote from: rooker1 on January 06, 2011, 05:17:27 AMThe 24 hour rule has been in place just after the start of the contest.  I think it's important because some pictures have a lot of interest and get the votes while others may not, in which case there needs to be an end sooner than later to get onto the next round.  I'm willing to listen to any ideas on changing this rule if enough think it is needed.  I think it is necessary to have a 24 hour rule although I would consider changing the number of votes to a lesser amount to shorten the time span to win.  Tell me what you all think by PM or a short post in here after your vote.[/i]

Robin  :)

How about 48 hrs?

serebii666 - 0
2b2gbi - 1

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

noahclem

serebii666 - 1
2b2gbi - 1

48 hours sounds like it'd be worth a try. We could always change the rules back if we didn't like them. Reducing the number of votes required to win could work as well but I'd prefer the 48 hour rule.

Huston_N7

serebii666 - 2
2b2gbi - 1

Just want to know, is the 48 hour round been enforced yet??

Both pictures are great though!  :thumbsup:
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

adrianor

Both pics are great but the lightning in serebii666's pic... &mmm

serebii666 - 2
2b2gbi - 2

So, we should wait until a moderator applies this new rule IMO.

io_bg

I think we shouldn't change the 24 hour rule. Instead, people should vote more often instead of lurking in the topic.
Anyway, I'm voting for 2b2gbi, Serebii's pic is too blue &mmm
serebii666 - 2
2b2gbi - 3
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Orange_o_

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Strategist01

I'll also vote for 2g2bi, serebii666's is a bit too blue for my tastes.

2g2bi - 4
serebii666 - 4