• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

A familiar picture by now.  :D  It's good but. . .Maxis water.  :'(

Vester -1
976 - 1
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Quote from: vortext on March 17, 2014, 05:05:51 AM
A familiar picture by now.  :D  It's good but. . .Maxis water.  :'(

Next thing to change....
Have upgraded my plug-in folder a lot lately.

Shroud

Pioneer

nos.17

art128

Aaaand bringing the pictures over.

Vester

VS

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

thebagleboy

I hope I get my vote right this time

976 - 4
Vester - 2

weixc812

Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

juliok102013

976 - 7
Vester - 2

The Round is End

But, I will try:

woodb3kmaster

There are a couple of issues with your post, Julio:

-You voted after the 24-hour time limit expired. The round technically ended almost four hours after you voted.
-Even if the round had still been going on at the time of your post, you can't vote and post a new picture at the same time. You have to wait at least 30 minutes after ending a round before editing your post to add a new competing picture.
-The most votes a picture can get per round is 8, not 7, as you seem to think.

I recommend reading the rules and making sure you understand all of them to avoid mistakes like this one. For your convenience, here are the relevant rules:
Quote from: Masochist on March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM
-If you cast the last vote for a round (even if you send a picture to the Hall of Fame), you have to wait at least 30 mins. after casting the vote before posting a challenging picture.  If you do not wait, all votes are void and the round is halted until the 30 mins. have passed, giving other people an opportunity to post a picture.  If no one posts a challenge, then your picture goes through and the round starts over again, 0 votes to 0 votes.

-The first picture to get eight (8) votes is the winner.  If neither picture receives 8 votes in 24 hours, the picture with the most votes is the winner.  If the pictures are tied, the next vote decides the winner. No picture will receive more than 8 votes in a contest.

-To win a round, a picture must have a minimum of four (4) votes. If after 24 Hours passed and neither of the pictures has reached 4 votes, the round will continue until one of the pictures gets 4 votes, then the next challenger can compete and the next round can start.

-As the challenger, it is your responsibility to include the picture you are challenging in your post.  Also, if your post put the round into a new page, make sure you bring the pictures with it.
As for the current round, I don't know whether the mods will overlook your mistakes and allow your picture to compete against 976's. I hope one of them posts soon to say whether your picture can compete in this round, given that the previous round has long been over by now.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

art128

In order to win a round a picture must:

- Get 8 votes within the 24 hours period.
OR
- Get a minimum of 4 votes in 24 hours.

What it means is that if after the full day period, 24 hours, a picture must have at least 4 votes in order to win. If the pictures has 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 votes then that picture win the round. On the contrary, if the picture has only 1, 2 or 3 votes, then the round is extended until one of the two competitors achieve the 4 vote minimum.

The 8 votes ( which was historically 10, but lowered to 8 because of the recent activity being not as strong as before) is basically the maximum votes a picture can get in a round. It's not the amount of votes it NEEDS to win. I've said it  but I'm saying it again, after 24 hours passed if your picture has 4 votes or more, it is automatically the winner of the round. Of course if you reach the 8 votes before the 24 hours goes by, then that's perfect and totally fine, I'll be more than happy to see that because it means the activity of this thread is going a little up.

To clear any misunderstanding.

Vester started the round at " 17-03-2014, 12:37:52 " for me.  - That's two days ago, 48Hours (almost) ago.
The last Vote within the 24 hours period was Kergelen at " Yesterday at 09:16:29 "
juliok102013's vote and entry was made at " Yesterday at 16:11:02 " -  Obviously the vote doesn't count. (Even if it did it made 976 the winner anyway.) But his entry is totally legal as it was made after the round ended.

The rules are a bit of a mess right now with 8 votes here, 4 votes here etc. I'll get in touch with Robin (Rooker1) to organize them in a more user-friendly way this week/week-end.

( sorry if it's not totally comprehensible. It's 8AM, I've barely slept and I have my English oral exam in less than one hour.)

So For now we have 976 winner of the previous round and juliok102013's pictures competing against him in this new round.

VS

juliok102013
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

kelis

Good picture Julio, but the asian style is the best for me  :thumbsup:

976 - 2

juliok102013 - 0
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

thebagleboy

Both are good however I'm a sucker for asian style areas.
976 - 3
juliok102013 - 0

vester

Vlasky

OMG 976 !!!

976 - 5
juliok102013 - 0
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Pat

wow ummm two very great pics here, but one vote shall be casted from me and it goes to..................................................

976 - 7

Juliok102013

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

weixc812

Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here