• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Nice sidewalk mod!!!! ;D

Do I spot a palm tree? ;D

QuoteThe area is very much work-in-progress

Oh I see. Well, these are great scenes again anyway. Though you need to add a bench to that playground for those old dudes ;)

Cheers
Willy

Glad you like the sidewalks  :D  Oh, and thanks for them! Good point on the benches. I wonder who I'll be pestering about how to get rid of the palm trees....  ;D  Thanks for the nice comment as always buddy!

Pestering someone else huh?? I think you're gonna do this yourself ;) And you're not the only one who can edit this message, Mr Fancy Replies! $%Grinno$%

art128

Nice.

Looking forward for more of this area.

Thanks Arthur--I'm looking forward to the area too. Be sure to let me know if you have any information about the roundabout lots from testing them  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

Well done Noah!lovely sidewalks &apls

Thanks but the sidewalks are Willy's work  ;)

sunv123

Very Nice small town, Noah! TSC can be quite surprising sometimes. :D

Are you planning to release the tree replacement mod sometime in the future?

Thanks Victor! Yep, I'm planning to release that mod publicly when it's ready. I can also share the unfinished version with people who ask, though it's in a very early stage right now.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Terring7

Very beautiful :)

By the way, your tree mod will be very useful for my reloting projects ;)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

vortext

Clever to scale down the Paris Quays, they're quite high indeed. Hope you can get the two issues ironed out. Prepo's circular building is a nice find, pity it lacks a shadow though. ;) easy to enable in the prop exemplar. The night mosaic from that update is awesome btw!

Looking forward to your take on smaller European towns, don't forget about DaveN's houses (in HD!).  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

rambuckel

That Church is one of my favorite BATs. I'm still waiting to find a spot to use it. Thanks a lot for your offer. In case I need any of the BATs you used I'll ask.

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

APSMS

While I know it's not ideal, I think the differing pavement textures can add a little bit of flavor, as if one part of the plaza was added originally, and the other bits were added on centuries later but in times of poor funding, so the brick work doesn't match. At least, you can probably run with that for now until you fix the rest of the stuff.

Boy, with the 7th anniversary OSITM we've got MD updates like crazy!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Jmouse

I hate to see your week in OSTIM draw to a close, Noah. You've done a great job of entertaining us, and I hope you will continue to do so. I wouldn't want to see all that talent go to waste. ;)

rooker1

Good idea rescaling the Paris Quays. I always though they could be a little smaller.Too bad about that visual glitch though....I'm sure you'll figure it out. As for Prepo's works, I always loved them. That circular building and his diagonal stuff, all great. Awesome work on the sidewalk modd. I'm really hoping you get really good at it and end up adding a lot of stuff....new trees, park benches, manhole covers, newspaper stands.....the list could be endless.

Great work as always!!
Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

FrankU

Great work again.   :thumbsup:

The glitches you have with the Tweaked quais are familiar to me. When I wanted to resize some agricultural sheds and barns by mrbisonm I found the same: the barns got distorted. Pity... a Model Tweaker flaw I guess.

benedict

Really great to see you back in Sillijoki with some incredible updates.

Edit: I was excited to see your MD get back to the top this week on BTT because it allowed me to use one of my favorite images of the year as the background - that fountain at night is gorgeous. Reminds me of Madrid a little.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

noahclem

Well, December is upon us and it's that time of year again in Siilijoki. I had forgotten just how much my MD is associated with snow but after my award for last month's OSITM featured snow and after reading some of the comments that followed I've been on a mission to make something nice featuring snow. In the process I saw a squirrel and got distracted (are there Arctic squirrels?) and ended up making a very basic texture change to RRW's STR and then a more significant foray into terrain modding. I've made changes to terrain mod components in the past including rock, beach, and ocean floor and figured basic terrain textures would be similarly uncomplicated. This turned out not to be the case and between trying to figure that out (thanks Willy!) and dealing with the rather unusual behavior of extremely light textures both in game and in GIMP it took quite a bit of time. I know I can still improve on it but I thought I'd show you where I'm at, especially since it's been too quiet around here lately and the pictures are starting to pile up.

Most pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

A mountain side pic that shows the textures pretty well, including the snowy rock mod I made:

The same are at night with a bit of image processing--reindeer beware!

Trying to capture the feel of twilight during the mid-winter darkness:

Unaltered twilight in the mountains:

A wider area without trees to give a better impression of the terrain mod:

PEG's snowy terrain mod with my snowy rock mod. I discovered that his snow mod files for lots (which included his terrain mod) were loading after the Antarctic Terrain Mod ones and overriding them. The modified terrain I'm using now is Antarctic.

Coming soon but I heard a rumor that Hugo was missed ;)

rooker1

That first picture is awesome, I love it.
I like the rail texture, perfect for snowy weather. And color of the snow look great too.
The way you capture pictures has always intrigued me. I like how you take the time to show all sorts of times of day.
Great work as always.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

vortext

The terrain looks fantastic and the twilight picture is outstanding, it has a nice gloomy feel to it!  &apls  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Gugu3

Amazing stuff you're showing Noah!the terrain looks so realistic!and loved the snowy rail tracks :thumbsup:
Always nice to see your skills!
Cheers
Guglielmo

art128

Awesome work on both the terrain texture and the STR. Love the snowy STR one.

Too bad there isn't any overhead lines and pillars for this line, judging that the engine has two pantograph. Just picking on the small details. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Jmouse

Gorgeous photos, Noah. Snow has been pretty rare here for the last several years - so have freezing temps - but I can look at your lovely winter scenery and dream. And I'd like a ticket for the night train, please.

c.p.

Wow, great winter landscapes! &apls  Must have been a bit of work to get everything looking like that.

rambuckel

@Jmouse, I'll come on that journey as well! I'll bring some selfmade egg-liqueur to keep us warm!  ;D

@Noah: The landscapes you created look fantastic! They create that atmosphere every child (me included) is dreaming of for christmas. Theses landscapes are the place where I suppose Santas house to be hidden. Actually I couldn't discover it between the trees but it must be there somwhere!

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!