• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Well, OK.  Today's first post is an update on where things stand and what is planned for the 23 days that remain 'til March 12th.  Here's an updated map of collaboration quads.

I think about two-thirds of the folks noted have checked in as of today (...if you are reading this and haven't, well... hint, hint).  We may have lost a few- Heinz has not been seen on SC4D since May of last year.  We'll see, but if you've ever had the secret desire to join the collaboration team, let me know.  There may be a quad on that map that is just waiting to have your name put on it.

There's a few folks I need to mention in particular, most already named above.

• Pat - Pat expressed interest early on, but got lost in the shuffle.  We're looking forward to working with you, my friend, and a quad will be reassigned to you shortly.

• Allan (Allan_Kuan1992) - Allan is also waiting for a reassigned quad.

• Travis - In addition to his quad, our friend is doing double duty as 3RR's custom LOTmeister.

• Matt (threestooges) - Matt's doing the BAT thing for us, and also in addition to his quad.

• Ryan (burgsabre87) - 3RR DOT Director: Ryan is making all the 3RR road and highway signs (beats making license plates any day of the week).

There's others I should also note:  Owen (Yoman) is working on a few BAT items that are certainly of interest to the project.  mg (mightygoose) also has some mad BATting skills that I'm anxious to explore further, as well as being a constant source of "outside the box" thinking.

So, if I've missed anyone, please do not hesitate to let me know.  This is a big project, and it's just little old me at the center of it.

So here's the task for the next three weeks:

1.  Backstory PackagesWhat you saw yesterday here [linkie] was a backstory package, which will go out to each collaborator with his or her quad.  It will include at a minimum a location map, photographs of representative areas around the quad, Gazetteer entries for features and places in the quad, a topo map and any extra information that might be helpful.  I intend to showcase as many of these as possible in 3RR between now and C-Day.

2.  General Backstory Update.  I will be combining all of the disparate elements of the existing general backstory and putting them here [linkie].

3.  Table of Contents.  Bring the table of contents current. 

4.  Honors.  Bring all honors current. 

5.  Seasonal Tree LOTs.  Relot seasonal tree lots with c.p.'s most current seasonal trees and make available for DL.

6.  CPI LOTs.  Finalize and make available for DL.  Discuss exploration of BATted crops with Owen (Yoman).

7.  Farm Filler LOTs.  Finalize and make available for DL.

8.  Collaboration Plugins Folders.  Have each collaborator propose a plugins folder from lists developed in collaboration thread.  Negotiate and approve same.

9.  Quick Finder.  Reorganize and update quick finder.

10.  3RR Atlas.  Add large (4096x4096) road and highway map, physical features map, and quad index map with hotlinks.

That's a daunting list, but much of that is a long ways along.  I feel pretty confident.

Several collaborators have asked what they should be doing to prepare.  I'd suggest visiting and reading/viewing each thing linked on the Quick Finder, for starters.  That, and taking your best shot at identifying the custom content you intend to use.  There'll be more specific info on this in the team's announcement thread shortly.

Anyway...

A week is gone already...

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

23 more days, it feels like I'm five years old and it's December 2!

That is quite a daunting list of things left to do, too, David! If there's anything that I can do to ease the burden to help contribute at all, please let me know, I'm more than willing to help, my friend!

Dustin

Travis

QuoteThat is quite a daunting list of things left to do, too, David! If there's anything that I can do to ease the burden to help contribute at all, please let me know, I'm more than willing to help, my friend!
Same here, David, with particular note to the "re-lot" and "finalize" items. ;)

Just call me if you need me. :)

Later.

:thumbsup:

rooker1

Thank you very much for the honorable mention, especially along side my good friend John and his quad in the 3RR Colobration.  I can't wait to see this get started and read more from John as well as yourself and the others.  This is all very interesting, all the different things you work on.  I now know that you can really multi task.  Great work my friend, great work.

Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

David Im really ampped UP here waiting for this to get underway!!! Everything looks as it is falling into place wooohoooo.......

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Now that my MD is buried under a tree limb, I have some time to spare so if I can help just let me know.

Until March 12...
Joan

dedgren

Your humble author, hard at work on 3RR.

"On what?" you ask, nonplussed, knowing home-made pesto when you see it.

Well, here's the rest of the story.  Robin, pay attention...

...3RR, however, was nowhere in evidence when it came time to eat...

Ahh, the good life.  A remote cabin, my sweetie, pasta, pesto, a few zukes, and cheap Chianti.  Too bad 3RR isn't Pay-per-view.  I'd be doing this full time.

...just kidding, folks.  just kidding...

Thanks Dustin, Travis and Joan for your kind offers of assistance.  A large crate of to-dos will arrive by PM shortly- you are so great!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Ryan B.

David, you're quite right - making signage does beat out making license plates . . . any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

However, license plates do fall under the purview of 3RRDOT.  I'll see if I can whip something up.  ;)

Giligone

Wow, thats amazing! So much detail in all you do. The road sign is pretty funny, lol. I'm glad to have been a help in any way,thanks so much for all your efforts here!  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

That pesto looks delicious, David! And I'm glad to see your doing some multitasking there! Can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve, my friend!

Dustin

quackmofro

Looks like you're livin' large, David. There's so much going on with the 3RR in such a little time. I can't wait for the collaboration.

JoeST

ooh ooh ooh... pick me, pick me

* star.torturer jumps up and down frantically

only kidding, I don't play much anyway. but you are always welcome to check out that tool of mine (linked in the bottom of my thread) it is easy  for me to set it up so that many different users can access/edit the same TOC...the only problem is, my pc isnt on when I am not here....

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

rooker1

Now I see one of your multi tasking talents, you can prepare dinner while doing replies/updates.  Incredible....the best I can do is hold two squirming kids while trying to update.  At least one of my kids want to be held all the time by me, so the dinner part my be too dangerous for me right now.   ;)

Robin  ;D
Call me Robin, please.

bat

A lot of work to do there in the 3 weeks! And looking forward to the next 3 weeks and to the 12 march and following days... ;)

superhands

dave and inc.,

i'd take pride in being apart of the 3rr.
when do i start?  ()stsfd()

EDITHey, dave- you haven't gotten started yet?  Better get a move on!

...LOL- just kidding.  You're on the list, my friend...

-DE

mightygoose

once my package has been received i will submit my quad specific plugin list within 48 hours.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dedgren

Here's an idea I had for a regional flag.

One blue stripe for each of the three rivers.  A green background symbolizing the North Country.  The seal...

...well, it's actually a beaver...

...to represent the regional government.

I'm not settled on this.  If someone has a better idea, post it and we'll take a look.

Closer, closer...

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

I like the flag, David!

The only suggestion I would make is perhaps a darker green, like a forest or a hunter green, though it's completely up to you, my friend!

Dustin

Jmouse

Yup, I agree with Dustin. Try a darker, richer green and give us a look see.

Until March 12...
Joan

Pat

David loving the map and what Dustin and Joan suggested here is my take on the darkening of the color for the flag...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie