• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddybud

warrior....hey thanks...i understand all that

my question is that the on slope piece for the elroad has one exemplar where as the highway on slope has four seperate for each rotation.....when i make the three additional exemplars how are they referenced...ie how does the game know how to use them. But i'll give it a shot regardless....

mighty goose.... hopefully not...lol

Bud

miggoycor

I have a request for NAM: Double height puzzle pieces for the el h-rail and el road and probably ploppable el light rail/monorail so that one could make dynamic and complex systems on water.

^ The reason for double height puzzle pieces.

^ And it would be cool if monorail and light rail could make complex routes like turns on water (complex compared to just strait) and diagonal bridges.
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

allan_kuan1992

Well... if you used the raised road bridge it'd work... although there is no diagonal usage allowed (such as what you need in your case).

Now... for the rail... I think some extra rail FLUPs will help (UDI capability is needed and ESURE does not allow that).

- Allan Kuan

z

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on April 04, 2009, 08:05:28 AM
Now... for the rail... I think some extra rail FLUPs will help (UDI capability is needed and ESURE does not allow that).

We are working on that very issue.  The plan is to convert underwater crossings to puzzle pieces, FLUPS-style, which will allow UDI compatibility.

onlycoop

hello all, just started playing a month or so ago. i noticed that i could not find any over tunnel peices so i decided to try and make some as a good way to start making things. i'm going to try and make the rest of the transit, but don't know if i should post them on stex or not. but here pics of what i got so far.     

i don't know who to ask if i should post these as lots or if NAM wants to makes these into puzzle peices would be cool. But if someone from NAM pm me about about this that would be great.

four 1x3 lots for roads going over single tile tunnel

four 1x4 lots for roads going over double tile tunnel

i want to make up lots for the rest of the transit for over tunnels,but right now i'm stuck on how to get a new SC4path file to work with the lot. for like GHSR and GLR
      just like other games i have played i try to figure it all out cuase well thats the fun part for me lol thanks

FlyHigh

Hello everyone.

I've started working with NAMs el-rail over road however I noticed there are some very useful puzzle pieces that are missing. The pieces are Elevated rail T over straight road and Elevated rail L over + road. Here's what they should look like in-game:

I really apreciated if someone could make them or teach me how to it so I can do them myself. ;)

>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

Korot

Since you have ingame pictures, doesn't that mean that you haven't already created them? I can understand that you made the T piece by potoshoping, but how have you made that pic of the L-Curve across road?

gn_leugim

Hello there.. since a long time I don't request nothing ^^

I've being wondering, and as we know there are some mods to allow people to have sidewalks on the gentle curves for avenues and roads (specially made by Sithlord)

the issue is that those models (is what they are after all right?) don't fit places where we don't have development. a road with a large sidewalk and trees in a no man land? don't fit! By now you should be saing "then remove the mod! duh!  /wrrd%&" but the issue is when you want both things on one city at the same time! in the middle of the city\town curves with sidewalks, in the wilds with no sidewalk.. &Thk/(

so? what I sugest\request? two models, or better, the same model(for each piece) but twice. so one would be free to be targeted by mods (like Sithlord's) to have sidewalks while the other remain untouched.  ;D

Hope you get the point   %confuso "$Deal"$

MandelSoft

Quote from: gn_leugim on April 12, 2009, 06:32:47 AM

I've being wondering, and as we know there are some mods to allow people to have sidewalks on the gentle curves for avenues and roads (specially made by Sithlord)

the issue is that those models (is what they are after all right?) don't fit places where we don't have development. a road with a large sidewalk and trees in a no man land? don't fit! By now you should be saing "then remove the mod! duh!  /wrrd%&" but the issue is when you want both things on one city at the same time! in the middle of the city\town curves with sidewalks, in the wilds with no sidewalk.. &Thk/(

so? what I sugest\request? two models, or better, the same model(for each piece) but twice. so one would be free to be targeted by mods (like Sithlord's) to have sidewalks while the other remain untouched.  ;D

Hope you get the point   %confuso "$Deal"$

Agreed. I use smooth curves at rural area's, but not in cities, because they don't fit in cities, because they are missing sidewalks. It would be nice to have both options available.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

riiga

Hi!

I got tired of the standard ugly Maxis avenue/road transition, so I've made some textures for a avenue-to-road-puzzle piece. Since I'm not very good at making puzzle pieces I thought it would be best to share it here. It's 2x4, Euro style and I think it looks pretty good, but it might need some finishing touches.

The NAM Team or anyone willing to make the puzzle piece are free to use and modify the texture :)
If anyone wants the PSD file, PM me and I'll post it!

-riiga

metasmurf

riiga: I like that texture. Please do not hesitate to make more :D

nerdly_dood

I believe Tarkus has made an American style one, hasn't he?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

deathtopumpkins

Yeah, Alex started an American version of that as a puzzle-piece a little while ago. Haven't heard anything about it in a few weeks though.

But those are nice textures!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

j-dub

That piece could be NWM development. If I recall, I think the avenue to road piece is 4 tiles long, so that should be the right scale, but we will have to wait for confirmation.

riiga

Well, I've had some spare time today and made a North American one too. I made two, with different arrows, so please tell me wich one you like best :)

- riiga

Dino007

That's beautiful, riiga  :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls
I hope that you will succeed to make that piece.
TIGR

deathtopumpkins

I have a few suggestions I would make about that, but the textures are really nice! The arrows on the left look good, but the line on the inside of each direction should be yellow. Just some tips on making them look more North American.  ;)

But those are still some really good textures.  &apls

nerdly_dood

Around here the center chevrons are only V-shaped for diverging/merging traffic going in the same direction; otherwise (like here) they're straight. But they're pointing the wrong way - just reverse them and they'll be perfect. (Maybe make them wider, too?)

The arrows on the left are best IMO.

One last suggestion: If the three short-dashed lines where the dashed line ends on either side were removed I think that would be another improvement but it's not necessary.

Still though, don't mind me, i'm just a bit picky about stuff like this :D so it's no big deal. Great work overall though!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

deathtopumpkins

Sorry, nerdly's right about the chevrons... I knew that...  :D The lines are supposed to guide traffic, pointing in the proper direction.

riiga

I've edited the texture now. How'd you like this version?

vs.

- riiga