• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Tracker on June 17, 2011, 12:18:38 PM
Minutia question: are the revamped elevated road and avenue overpasses part of NAM 30?

To sum it up in one word, yes. :)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

gooper1

Another example of Highway-Over-Avenue: Gardiner Expressway through parts of downtown Toronto. It runs over Lake Shore Blvd., and frequently uses it like a "service road" (although Lake Shore is a major thoroughfare)-providng ramps to and from the Lake Shore to access nearby streets. Creates a bit of congestion on Lake Shore, though.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

woodb3kmaster

All the same, MHW-over-Avenue can't be made properly in SC4. As others have said, the traffic simulator doesn't know that the paths are at different heights, so you'll always end up with unrealistic jumps between levels where there ought not to be any. Therefore, the NAM Team isn't going to make it.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

ps2owner

Can RHW transmit power, like power lines? If not all, then how about just elevated RHW. This would make lighting up RHW out of town much easier. (RHW with USL looks amazing)

jdenm8

I think this has been gone over a lot before and the answer was no.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

z

The easiest way I know of to accomplish what you want is to put a little strip of park squares alongside your RHW.  Subways may not transmit electricity (after all, they're steam powered), but park squares do.

j-dub

I thought when you hold control down, and drag the industrial zoning parallel into RHW, but pull it into the RHW, there will be invisible zoning alongside the RHW. I may be wrong, but I thought this works if the invisible zones go back for miles, and touch a development back a distance that does have power. All I know is, I have been using a No-Road required battery shed, that blends in, and generates power for quite a radius.

da4gotten

I would like to see double-decker highways in the future regardless of the way the game reacts to it. In some cities that I have built I've needed some double decker highways even if its just for eye-candy purpose, I usually build better alternate routes to counterattack the situation. And honestly the cities I build are merely for eye-candy purposes I hardly worry about traffic flow, residents, commercial, I just worry that It looks like the city im trying to recreate. And in many cases the city I try to recreate haa double-decker highways, just do it for eye-candy, worry later how the simulator reacts to it, It actually looks uglier how I have to deal with the non double decker puzzle pieces.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: da4gotten on June 25, 2011, 11:48:10 AM
I would like to see double-decker highways in the future regardless of the way the game reacts to it.

It's already a work in progress (Have you not visited the RHW Development Thread recently?), and they're 100% functional, not eyecandy. You just can't have the decks in the same direction, though; Only in opposite directions.
<INACTIVE>
-----

marsh

I just had a quick question. Why are street/road roundabout's not wealth Dependant? SAM roundabouts, however, are. (Seems a little backwards :P)Those bright grasses in all of my zones, even unzoned bugs me. Any chance of getting to this?

,marsh

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: marsh on June 27, 2011, 11:39:01 AM
Why are street/road roundabout's not wealth Dependant?

I guess the best way to describe that is that the grass and sidewalk textures are pretty much baked right in. For the Street RA, it may be a bit redundant, but for the Road RA, it's probably so that if you have a "Magic RA", you don't have chunks of bare ground that can't touch any zoning. Probably not something that would be rectified any time soon...
<INACTIVE>
-----

jdenm8

gooper1

Well, if you can't have MHW-over-Avenue, why not have ERHW (or DDRHW)-over-Avenue/OWR?
(I know this kinda belongs in the RHW development thread, but...)

-Gooper1
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

jondor

Quote from: gooper1 on July 10, 2011, 09:43:37 AM
Well, if you can't have MHW-over-Avenue, why not have ERHW (or DDRHW)-over-Avenue/OWR?
(I know this kinda belongs in the RHW development thread, but...)

-Gooper1

Let me spell this concept out one more time.  The game CANNOT distinguish between parallel paths of the same travel type at different heights.  It is hardcoded into the game and we CANNOT change it.  There will NEVER be MHW over Avenue, ERHW over Avenue or any other sort of car network parallel over other car network.  It CANNOT function properly in game.  PLEASE STOP ASKING.
/rant
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Ramona Brie

Will this be in NAM 30? (Almost nobody at SC4D has seen it, but it must be true...)

marsh

Noticed a texture bug today.

Anyone else see this before?

z

Does it occur only at that zoom?

marsh

It only appears in zoom 2, and I think zoom 1. It appears at every rotation. I'm guessing it's just a mistake made while editing the fsh.'s

jdenm8

Actually, it's probably a MAT issue with the S3Ds (referencing the wrong FSH).

It was most likely picked up and fixed on the lower rotations, but not the upper ones.