• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 05, 2012, 01:30:45 AM
Maxis' offerings on the new SimCity bored me. So I did this.

Basses are much cooler than guitars.

Hilarious!!!

Awesome overpasses SA, I can't believe I missed those before  &apls &apls

Wiimeiser

I don't see anything new, unless I'm missing something? Was that diagonal avenue terminus/four way intersection always in SC4?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 05, 2012, 05:20:10 PM
I don't see anything new, unless I'm missing something? Was that diagonal avenue terminus/four way intersection always in SC4?

Yeah, you're missing something, as always.

In fact, everyone's is overlooking something quite obvious about the guitar, and it's not because it's a guitar. It's what the guitar is made from...

Look closer...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

woodb3kmaster

I see what jdenm8 did there...

But now, whom do I have to thank for this new FAR2? And is this our fist look at the previously foreshadowed (pun very much intended) WaveFAR?

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

jdenm8

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on September 05, 2012, 05:34:29 PM
And is this our fist look at the previously foreshadowed (pun very much intended) WaveFAR?
You're about 22.5° off there :P

No, it isn't, but it's similar. We're currently assessing the feasibility and expandability of this very new implementation in favour of WaveFAR. If this one doesn't work out for some reason, WaveFAR wouldn't be that FAR off.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

noahclem

Did you DRIve FAr to come to the new idea? Or is that idea dead for good? Or is it an incredible diag/FA sidewalk mod?

Mind if I crop this pic into a FB profile pic?

GDO29Anagram

Somepony didn't receive the memo, didn't they?

I should mention, though, that DRI is specific to RHW: Draggable Ramp Interface. Unless it's a pattern for the C1 ramp, it wouldn't have anything to do with Fractional-Angle Roads, or Fractional-Angle anything.

Here's a math question riddle for you guys: What's the arctangent of 1/2?
<INACTIVE>
-----

memo

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 05, 2012, 05:26:53 PM
In fact, everyone's is overlooking something quite obvious about the guitar, and it's not because it's a guitar. It's what the guitar is made from...

In fact, it's not a guitar, as jdenm8 has said. :P

arctan 1/2 = arctan 1 - arctan 1/3.

z

io_bg

I think I spotted a diagonal smooth 90° road curve just next to the guitar... ::)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

z

And I thought that memo's equation had given it away completely.

OK, I'll keep quiet for good now.  :-X

gn_leugim

Quote from: io_bg on September 06, 2012, 01:40:44 AM
I think I spotted a diagonal smooth 90° road curve just next to the guitar... ::)

only that? XD All I see is smooth curves :D

NorthStarDC4M

I haven't seen this mentioned but if it has I apologize...
Is there a FLUP set to go under DDRHW coming? I mean something to allow a FLUP to extend under a DDRHW? I know the DDRHW sets have special considerations and all but is it possible?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: NorthStarDC4M on September 12, 2012, 08:52:09 AM
I know the DDRHW sets have special considerations and all but is it possible?

Yes and no.

Yes, it's possible. No, because the current DDRHW's going away and being replaced with a different implementation and there's a different master plan behind FLUPs that would make it redundant in the end.
<INACTIVE>
-----

shadd0w09

gyes iv just got sim city4 on steam any alt-tab is linket to steam chat so pleasr try no to hid any nam stuff in an alt+tab link please

art128

Quote from: shadd0w09 on September 12, 2012, 02:09:45 PM
gyes iv just got sim city4 on steam any alt-tab is linket to steam chat so pleasr try no to hid any nam stuff in an alt+tab link please

Please use a proper English. ;)

Also I have the game via steam and everything works fine for the alt tab maneuvers.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jdenm8

Translation:

Quote from: shadd0w09 on September 12, 2012, 02:09:45 PM
Hi guys, I recently purchased SimCity 4 on Steam. I have however noticed that the key combination to move backwards through a tab loop, Shift-Tab, is also used by the Steam Overlay. Could you please see if you could assign a different combination?

Any key combinations we use are completely static. We have absolutely no control over them, they're all statically defined in the Executable. You will need to change the key combination that you use to open the Steam overlay.

I use Left Control-Tab in lieu of Shift-Tab for example.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

NorthStarDC4M

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 12, 2012, 12:38:47 PM
Quote from: NorthStarDC4M on September 12, 2012, 08:52:09 AM
I know the DDRHW sets have special considerations and all but is it possible?

Yes and no.

Yes, it's possible. No, because the current DDRHW's going away and being replaced with a different implementation and there's a different master plan behind FLUPs that would make it redundant in the end.

Nice to know, thank you, looking forward to it, I'll just continue working around it for now :)

GDO29Anagram

Perhaps it's time that I've spilled the beans...

Here are the transit tiles involved in the creation of last week's bass guitar.

Now, as you all know, wealthification of puzzle pieces is extremely tricky to do, unless an advanced T21 is used instead, which is a drag, of course, but hopefully, this will be enough that will draw people into using these pieces.

These are FAR-2 pieces, in case you were wondering, and no, Daniel wasn't involved this time (Shadow Assassin). Mostly Memo with the implementation, and myself with testing its scrutiny. Since the creation of said guitar, a few other intersections have been coded in, with similar crossings being added for FAR-3.

May the droolfest begin.
<INACTIVE>
-----