• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

@Warrior  Paths are not my speciality, but...  What IIDs have you used?  The IIDs of the original HSRP?  If so then you are changing the IIDs for the El-HSRP and not the G-HSRP.  You need to have the SC4Paths with the same IID as the tile you are pathing.

A little idea here for you.  Take the path of the original HSRP and then lower the Z co-ordinate to 1 or 2m.  This will put the path somewhere around the level of the tracks, Im not sure exactly what that height is.

BTW, it would be nice if you had some pictures, no matter how primitive.  It sounds like your doing good work!  Keep it up!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Jonathan

The HSR ar the same as monorail. I have got the Paths as the same IID as the tile I'm pathing, I think it might be something to do twith the 3D/2D thing but I don't know. I lowered the paths of the HSR/Monorail to 0 already. I posted the a picture today at ST but I'll put it here as well.

Shadow Assassin

The height's 0.5m off the ground, by the way. It's the same for all Maxis-made networks - elevated highway's 15.5m, ground's 0.5m (that's why the ground highway model's raised slightly off the ground), el rail's 15.5, HSR's 15.5, based off monorail which is also (surprise - 15.5!).
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Jonathan

Heres the TGI of the pathfile, the TGI of te Straight GHSR exemplar (that refers to the models) and what's in the path file:

QuoteTGI = 296678f7 a96683f 5d2d1100
TGI of staight GHSR exemplar =  6534284a ebe084c2 5d2d1100

SC4PATHS
-- Mono_3_1
2,-8,0.5
-- Mono_1_3
-2,-8,0.5

I just thought do I need to add something to the exemplar file?

Olasz

maybe only a lf/cr at the end
if it does not work, try replacing the 1 to 0 under the 7 (referring to mono path)

Jonathan

What do ou meanby lf/cr at the end? I the 1 was originally a 0 but I didn't know if 0 was valid, so I changed it to one but nothing happened and I forgot to change it back but I will now.

EDIT: Olasz weren't you working on something to do with HSR at one point?

Olasz

line feed/carriage return - finish the path file with an empty row by pressing enter after the last coordinate. Sounds way too trivial but I've had similar pbs like that.
and yes, I've been working on HSR but have not completed

Jonathan

Would you mind telling me what you were doing out of interest?
So if add an empty line it might work?

Pat

daaaaaaaaaang that HSR line is looking really good

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Olasz

Quote from: Warrior on August 10, 2007, 10:49:32 AM
Would you mind telling me what you were doing out of interest?
So if add an empty line it might work?
your path file seems to be correct apart from the 1s after the 7s and the empty line I am used to.
according to the sc1.dat the exemplar group should be ok as well. do you have the drawpaths cheat?

Jonathan

Yes I have the draw paths cheat, I have just made the changes and I'm just checking...Nothing happened, still no paths.

Thanks patfirefghtr the models alright, and thanks Olasz for your time.

Gaston

Very nice sig, Warrior.     LOL
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Jonathan

It was the best I could do in MS paint. Thanks for the slogan by the way. I still need help with T21s and the paths.

thundercrack83

That's looking good there, Warrior! Do you have anything planned in the future for stations? I know I'm way ahead of everything, but there main reason that I never used the HSR is because of the lack of different stations. Either way, good luck with this project. I'll be following along!

Pat

Warrior love the new sig image that is very sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Tarkus

Warrior, the GHSR is looking fantastic!  To answer your pathing questions, I've done a little testing with the original Elevated HSR.  At one point, I turned the DrawPaths cheat on for it, and had noticed the arrows were almost impossible to see on it.  Something with the way the original models were made, combined with the color the DrawPaths cheat uses for the Monorail network seems to just make that difficult.  It's a little easier to see on the curves for some reason.

One other possibility--is the GHSR network you're creating model-based (3D) or texture-based (2D)?  If it's 2D, you'll want to change the GID from 0xA966883F to 0x69668828.  Otherwise, the path file looks perfect to me.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Jonathan

Tarkus The GHSR is model based. I set the path height to 15.5 so I could see the paths but nothing happened, I also set them to 0.5 and tryed UDI and that also nothing happened.
The starter puzzle piece was really useful thanks.

Jonathan

Very bad news - Unfortunately my computer has stopped working, It says the the hard drive has and error and to press control alt delete I do and the process starts again.  I have got linux on my pc running from the cd drive I can access the internet with it so I'm not stuck with the wii, hopefully the computer will be working properly by the end of tomorrow (24 hours from the time this was posted. /wrrd%& :'(

Filasimo

sorry to hear that warrior hope u get it working again
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

ArkenbergeJoe

Hello
Here is the revised orthogonale and new diagonale Modelle for the el-rail (16m)

And here is the Bridge for the future SCS-NAM  %wrd
~Testmodell~