• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on September 30, 2007, 03:55:43 AM
The end result: it's much easier to make land bridges, but you can't control their height, etc.

Ah... But I think you can.  SC4Terraformer allows you to terraform within a city that already has development.  It looks as if the bridges are fromed by going from the top of the lower hill to the tile of the same height across the way.  If this is true you can control the design of your bridges by editing the terrain height in SC4Terraformer before you build the bridge.

This is very interesting indeed.  Good find SA!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

RippleJet

WOW again! &apls

There still seem to be endless possibilities with modding this game! :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

For the first picture, I disabled the properties that control when the retaining walls and pylons appear (they appear when the network is raised above a certain point from the terrain). On the other hand, on the second picture, I disabled the properties that control the height adjustment when the network is drawn. These retaining walls won't appear on flat land, but they will appear if there's a 1m slope or more.

This means that mountain passes can literally be built aside the mountain without any changes in terrain...

However, easier to make landbridges won't work with the retaining walls, because in order for this to work, I had to disable the retaining walls. I'll release a mod soon that allows land bridges to be made easily for all networks.

QuoteIt looks as if the bridges are fromed by going from the top of the lower hill to the tile of the same height across the way.  If this is true you can control the design of your bridges by editing the terrain height in SC4Terraformer before you build the bridge.

That is indeed true. In the default settings, the margin of error is set to 20m. I readjusted it to 50m to make it easier. You can use SC4T or the inbuilt mayor terraforming tools/God Mode terraforming tools (I prefer the latter in this case, because it's easier to use in this case, since it's highly unlikely that one would edit a whole region just to get a land bridge).

There's no adjustable slider for landbridges for some reason.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this will conflict with any other slope mod because it edits the very same properties.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

ArkenbergeJoe

Pat

WoW SA that is a intresting find indeed and ArkenbergeJoe that pic of that bridge seems a bit messed up?  but the bridge its self looks real cool....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BigSlark

Quote from: ArkenbergeJoe on October 01, 2007, 09:23:47 AM
What is that??  ;)

It seems to be a ground heavy rail to elevated heavy rail transition using the new viaduct models...on the diagonal!

I'm excited and cannot wait to see more.  &apls

Cheers,
Kevin

Shadow Assassin

Ooh, looks good. But what about the funky viaduct models? Wouldn't new ones need to be built so the transition works?
New Horizons Productions

ArkenbergeJoe

Hallo (Sorry for the German-Post)
1.)Die Modelle werden weiter umgebaut. Da ich sie selber gebaut habe, weiß ich, welche Werte geändert werden müssen.
2.)Die RUL-File ist fertig geändert, die Rampe hat die Instancen-ID 53264000 - 532645###!!
3.)SC4-Path existieren überhaupt noch nicht, sie werden erst geschrieben, wenn die Modelle fertig sind. Damit diese mit den Modellgleisen auch übereinstimmen.
Klick here for the English-Translation  ;)
http://www.google.de/language_tools?hl=en

Andreas

Better use your personal translator. ;)

1.) The models are still being changed. But since I created them myself, I know which values I have to change.
2.) The RUL file has been edited as well, the new ramp uses the IDs 53264000 - 532645###.
3.) There are no SC4Path files at all at the moment. They will be created once the models are ready, so they correspondend properly with the tracks.
Andreas

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions

ArkenbergeJoe

Hello
The Viaduct-Modells (#BETA) is online

SimCityPlaza_Railviaducte#BETA

metasmurf

Gutten arbeit ArkenbergeJoe, danke schön (excuse my bad german :P)

BigSlark

The new viaducts are great, ArkenbergeJoe! Thank you for updating them.

Cheers,
Kevin

jeronij

Excellent work as usual AJ  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Dexter

Those viaducts look great! Maybe someone could make some TE shops or warehouses with jobs to fit "under the arches", which is a common sight in the UK.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

Shiftred

I had to try it out:

Nice!

Diggis

Nice use of the Sam there, although those aren't my intersection textures...  ()what()

is that for heavy rail, or light rail?  I don't like the "high tech" elevated rail the game comes with, doesn't look real.

ArkenbergeJoe

The Viaduct is for the heavy-rail. This is not compatible with the SAM-Mod, and funktions only with the separaty Puzzlepieces.

Die Viadukte sind für die "schwere" Eisenbahn. Sie ist nicht kompatibel mit dem SAM, und funktioniert nur mit separaten Puzzleteilen.

Diggis

Actually it was the intersection with the road I was refering to.  I can send you the files from SAM if you need to add the textures in.

Andreas

Speaking of sending files, I'd still need the SAM road intersection templates, so I can create a plugin for the Euro Road Textures Mod. Of course I could extract the FSH files and edit those, but I figure that editing the templates would save some time. :)
Andreas