• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Make sure that the Euro Textures are loaded after the NAM and the plugin files. The most current release (available at the LEX) puts a "z_" in front of the Euro Texture Mod's folder name to ensure this.
Andreas

Ramona Brie

I have the RHW installed, but I never get RHW when I drag ANT. What's wrong?

Tarkus

Tracker, I'm not sure you should really worry about using the existing version of the RHW right now, if you know what I mean . . .  ;)  In the next version (v20), the RHW will be produced through a Puzzle Drag (like SAM and Draggable GLR), so you won't have to mess around with the old side-by-side method anymore (in fact, the side-by-side method has been removed).

-Alex (Tarkus)

Ramona Brie

Andreas

Andreas

Tarkus

Quote from: Tracker on December 22, 2007, 11:16:53 AM
What's holding up the release of v20 then?

Everything. ;)  The entire universe will implode and turn into a plantain banana if we release it now. &hlp

But still, I'd suggest deleting that RHW file you currently have.  I just have a feeling you won't be needing it anymore. ;)  In due time.  Very short due time, we will figure out how to release it without the deeply negative side-effects.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Ramona Brie

Quote from: Tarkus on December 22, 2007, 03:05:44 PM
Everything. ;)  The entire universe will implode and turn into a plantain banana if we release it now. &hlp

But still, I'd suggest deleting that RHW file you currently have.  I just have a feeling you won't be needing it anymore. ;)  In due time.  Very short due time, we will figure out how to release it without the deeply negative side-effects.

-Alex (Tarkus)

What are these side effects, and why would the universe implode if it was released now?

Shadow Assassin

Well, one of the side effects is breaking into tears at random. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

rickmastfan67

You want to know what could happen Tracker?

Well, I foresee two possibilities.

1. With both plugins in the plugins folder, SC4 simply might just CTD everytime you start it.

Or

2. The encounter of both plugins could cause a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum and destroy the entire universe.  Granted, that would be the worst case scenario, but the destruction might be very localized merely to our own galaxy.

$%Grinno$%
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

A200

Quote from: Andreas on December 21, 2007, 01:03:41 PM
Make sure that the Euro Textures are loaded after the NAM and the plugin files. The most current release (available at the LEX) puts a "z_" in front of the Euro Texture Mod's folder name to ensure this.

I already had it configured that way too... the euro texture mod begins with Z, and NAM begins with A, and it still doesnt work...   :'(

Thanks for your help

Jack Bauer

I got a problem with my hsrp!!! in fact i would to switch the original HSRP' train by the ACELA that i have downloaded on simtropolis!!!!! i put the files on my plugins and in my game the acela don't appear whereas the original hsrp train is still there!!!! does anyone have a solution? :'(

thank you very much, jack bauer

rickmastfan67

Sorry, but we can't help you on the HSRP front.  It isn't an official NAM product.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Jack Bauer

what? i read that the hsrp is lined with the NAM!!! i will pose my question on an another topic!!! sorry!!

Bluebeard

Thanx for the latest update but in order to get the other bridges do we still download them seperate or where they added to the update?.Thanx
    Also since you did a smashing job overhauling the EL is there New Stations planned?.Thanx again :)

Andreas

All custom bridges will be released as separate plugins.

And maybe we will convert other el-rail stations as well, as long as they match at least a bit with the rail viaduct styles. ;) BATters are encouraged to create new stations as well, though. :)
Andreas

Bluebeard

Thanx Andreas. :thumbsup:
    Well I'm off to get my bridges and search for EL Stations.Thanx again for help. :)

Bluebeard

Am I doing something wrong?.
    Looking at the pic it appears the Arches are for the EL but when I finally got to look at them they are for Rail.So if I am wrong is there some sort of Tutorial on using the New Pieces?.Thanx

High5Tower

Thank you for all the new fantastic additions. :thumbsup:
Just wanted to check in on proper file order and placement. All parts are working as specified and my installment went very easy, I believe becuase I read the read me"s
Since there has been talk about where to put the NAM files and data packing or not data packing here is what I have done and the game seems to work just fine with this set up.
I moved my NAM folder over to the Main Maxis (On C drive) plugins folder.
Inside NAM I have:
Additional Bridges
EL-Rail Facelift Mod
Plugins
Rural Highway Mod
Street Addon Mod
Then there are the regular Nam dats

At least this way the Nam is out of the way of the regulare goings on of the Documents plugins folder.
If there are other Mods or Essentials that will work in the Maxis plugins folder I will gladly move them there to help relieve the load that the Documents folder is put thru. And again Thank you all for your dediciation to this simple little activity we call SimCity. &apls

Andreas

@Bluebeard: Those arches are for elevated heavy railway (=rail), not for elevated (light) rail (=el-rail). ArkenbergeJoe modelled them because those el-rail models looked a bit too "weak" for heavy rail. ;) New el-rail models are being worked on by buddybud at the moment, though.
Andreas