• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

Warrior of HSR is aware of it, I had it too with two other buildings, at the last two zoom levels. It appears to be a texture conflict. Since I now see there are more folks with the problem, I am indeed wondering if HSR can be switched off until the fix is in?

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

Jonathan

I have done the fix, except I can't edit the LEX files, or change the installers, the fix is waiting on the NAM private exchange for someone to update the LEX and installer.

HandsOn

Just found this (Sidewalks for NAM and am wondering if anyone can verify that such "add-ons" to NAM are save to install?

Andreas

I will update the HSRP at the LEX ASAP, but at the moment, I'm very busy with RL, unfortunately. I'll try to find some time tomorrow or wednesday, though. :)
Andreas

Tarkus

Quote from: HandsOn on May 26, 2008, 12:59:37 PM
Just found this (Sidewalks for NAM and am wondering if anyone can verify that such "add-ons" to NAM are save to install?

It is indeed safe.  It's just an overhanging "eyecandy" lot, with no transit functionality whatsoever.

-Alex (Tarkus)

HandsOn

Quote from: Tarkus on May 26, 2008, 03:28:57 PM
It is indeed safe.  It's just an overhanging "eyecandy" lot, with no transit functionality whatsoever.

-Alex (Tarkus)
Thanks Tarkus - better safe than sorry..

VeTram

Hi to all !....here is my problem...
-I downloaded today the new version of NAM April 2008 , and naturally i updated my previous zip file of NAM ( I think it was June's 2007 version)
Now the problem is that when i returned to continue my game , i realised that my game generally begame more slow , and the worst is that whenever i am trying to replace an old road or avenue or rail , the game seems frozen and i must wait about 10 minutes (!) to continue...the same happens with new roads , rails etc.....also i dont see any more trains in rails , where i could see many trains before...what has happened?? i tried to find the older version to download , but there is not exist anymore..... :'(.............help :'(
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

VeTram

i know that Warrior , and i have unistalled the previous version before installing the new one...no doubt about that....help... :'(
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

xxdita

VeTram - It sounds like you've chosen one of the less frequent automata files as part of the installation. Try downloading the MAC Version from the LEX, which has all of the files in a zip instead of an installer, so that you can switch that out. Be sure to remove your current automata plugin (just look for the file in your NAM folder that has automata in the name).

Sapphire Blue

I recently downloaded the new version of the NAM and the RHW but I am not getting on very well with using them.  I have read the tutorials and they are fine as far as they go.  I have searched for hours through all the posts on NAM and RHW but I cannot find anywhere that explains how you connect the slip roads from the Rural Highway to ordinary roads, avenues etc.  I followed the suggestion in an earlier post about trying it all out in a new flat city but everytime I try and connect up the slip roads to other roads I get odd looking junctions and no traffic will use it.  Also even though I have downloaded the left hand version plug-in the exit and entrance slip roads seem to be on the wrong side of the highway.  Can anyone please help me? before I tear all my hair out !
All things in moderation but a little of what you fancy does you good

Tarkus

Hi Sapphire Blue-

All you have to do with the MIS ramps (the slip roads) is connect them directly up to intersect with the surface streets--make sure that you have at least one completely straight tile of MIS ramp before the intersection, or else the intersection will revert to the base RHW-2 version.  This might help you out as well (though

As far as the entrance/exit ramps being on the wrong side, that may be a by-product of the fact that the LTEXT descriptions were done for the RHD version, and there aren't separate ones for LHD, so the entrance is really the exit and vice-versa.  Sorry for the confusion--that'll be fixed soon. ;)

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

VeTram

back to my problem......thanx for reply , but need more help
here is two pics below with NAM in my plugins folder , and it's subfolder PLUGINS , with all their context..

NAM FOLDER

and here is the PLUGINS SUBFOLDER IN NAM FOLDER..

..I would appreciate some more help...thanx

Sapphire Blue

Thanks Alex (Tarkus), for the link.  I will go and try out David and Haljackey's tips straight away.  I don't think I would ever have found it without you pointing me in the right direction.  I have spent nearly two days searching the forums !  It would be a great help to people like me if David and Haljackey could be persuaded to add their explanations and pictures to the tutorials section so they are easier to find.  Once again Many Thanks for your help.

Sapphire Blue

Hi Alex (Tarkus)
Well I gave it a try but still not very good I'm afraid.  The RHW is not being used and I am still getting weird looking junctions.  Attached photos so you can see what I mean.  Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Tarkus

Hi Sapphire Blue-

Well, the issue you're having is that there isn't a completely straight tile before the intersection, and due to how the RUL coding is written, it is basically causing the MIS ramp to "de-convert", so you'll just need a little bit more room between the curve and the junction of the intersection with the ramp.  Notice the ramp on the right-hand side of your second pic--you have that one set up correctly. ;)

Hope that helps!  And I'm planning on improving the coding with the next version so this won't be an issue. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

VeTram

at the meanwhile waiting for a reply , i have some new informations to add..

-Well , the problem is centre on rails , where there is much delay (about 5-10 min) whenever i am trying to lay down a rail-line in city. The game as i have already written completely like frozen , and i cannot do anything else but wait for the new rail-line to complete.. and the worst is that i cannot see any train in excisting rail-lines , which means that the capacity of my station is falling into zero..
-I have already followed xxdita's suggestions , but the problem insists....i also made some tests and here are the following results..

1) without NAM , the problem dissapear..
2) NAM without PLUGINS , the problem stays the same..
3) NAM in another city in the same region , the problem stays the same
4) NAM in another new born city in another new born region , the problem stays the same....

-i repeat the problem , focus on rails , the other types of network seems o.k
waiting forward for some help... %wrd

Sapphire Blue

Hi Alex (Tarkas),
Followed your instructions and it worked,  Many thanks.  It was hard work though, the terrain has to be perfectly flat or else you cannot plop the slip road (ramp) pieces where you want them and the road over RHW4 pieces were a bit tricky to get lined up correctly, they kept plopping the wrong way round, with the hard shoulder on the inside.  It is difficult to see with the description text getting in the way, but I did it.  I now have fully working RHW interchanges with traffic - see attached photos. I did notice two very minor oddities, when you route query the slip road one small diagonal section of it says it is elevated rail ?  Also the "keep left" arrows on the RHW4 to RHW2 transition piece are on the wrong side for the Left Hand Drive version (also attached photo of this). 
You mentioned working on the next version, and I noticed that the slip roads can only be used on level terrain.  Many road interchanges in real life have sloping ramps and I wondered if it would be possible to create slip roads for use on slopes in the next version?  I realise that I know nothing about creating any of this stuff, I am just a player, and I may be asking for the impossible but it was just a thought.  I think you are all wonderful, talented people and we the players are extremely grateful for all the great work you are doing for us.  Once again many thanks for your help.

nerdly_dood

You can press End and Home to turn puzle pieces and lots around to make them point the way you want them to.

The thing with the arrows pointing the wrong way is a result of the fact that the Euro RHW mod was made primarily for right-hand drive, but I think that it is likely that the arrows will be fixed for left-hand drive in the near future. ;)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

HandsOn

Quote from: nerdly_dood on June 01, 2008, 03:07:09 PM
You can press End and Home to turn puzle pieces and lots around to make them point the way you want them to.

The thing with the arrows pointing the wrong way is a result of the fact that the Euro RHW mod was made primarily for right-hand drive, but I think that it is likely that the arrows will be fixed for left-hand drive in the near future. ;)
This is slightly off-topic but has bearings, I think: Home and End keys only work - it seems - if there is no adjecent road/avenue/street. Once you have those nearly everything in SC4 clings to that like its existence depends on it. Is there any way to switch that behaviour off?