• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choco

ehbk2006

Quote from: choco on February 18, 2009, 11:31:51 AM
that looks like LHD.....

Lol, I think we found the problem.  ;D

Oh yeah, I installed it as an English version and of course that comes with LHD.

Problem fixed, thanks.
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Felipekief

i need help with this. when i gameplay, i place a NAM object in city and 5 minutes later the game end with no problems reporting in game. Whats this? I thanks for help me

LE0

Sounds like the Crash To Desktop bug. it cant be fixed and happens when a puzzle peice touches a TE lot like a station.

Am i right?
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Haljackey

May as well post this problem here:

It seems as though only 1 rotation of the building is affected by the new NAM ramp.  Hmm...

Hope it helps!

Best,
-Haljackey

TwistedMentat

Haljackey -- a fix is on the way, but we must be patient.  Similar issues have been reported by Mas san here and continued on the subsequent page, as well as in my post, and by Shadow_prophet.

If I understand correctly, a fix is available but didn't make it into the post-release update.  Andreas or another NAM team member will get it to us when time permits.  The buildings in question should still function properly, they just look like modern art  :D

Mike

Haljackey

Quote from: TwistedMentat on February 18, 2009, 10:20:48 PM
Haljackey -- a fix is on the way, but we must be patient. 

Oh I am aware that a fix is on the way, I just want to make sure that it tackles everything it can.  This scenario may be different than others.

plunderer

In NetworkAddonMod1.dat The IID 5f874100 T21 exemplar has two properties incorrect:

Exemplar ID                                         0x05F87410
kPropertyID_LotConfigNetworkTileId      0x05F87410

the both value should be 0x5F874100

Andreas

Well, already reported or not, the more bugs get posted here, the better we're able to fix everything and post an update in the near future. :)
Andreas

Gwail

Quote from: Haljackey on February 18, 2009, 06:56:34 PM
May as well post this problem here:

It seems as though only 1 rotation of the building is affected by the new NAM ramp.  Hmm...

Hope it helps!

Best,
-Haljackey
I've spotted the whole trumpet ramp in my region (without textures, too), but I was too tired to think about making any screens. I will try to find it again next time.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

oka02

Hi everyone,

NAM 2009 is great, but i have a slight problem.
When I lay out GLR in Avenue, 'no road' zots appear above my adjacent commercial and residential zones. Is this how it should be and is it just me, or should the GLR in Avenue puzzle act as a normal road as well?
Thanks!

fotomontaj

Hello to All Simcity Lovers!

I have a slight problem, too... After I installed NAM Jan 2009 update, when I put railway over road (or viceversa), railway always cuts the connection. I searched forum and also used "Search" option, but couldn't find a close subject to this (if there is, sorry for doubling in advance). I uninstalled all my plugins, but problem remains. Game's present version is 1.1.638.0.

Here is what I am complaining about:

CraigKingOfIreland

I've had this problem for a while no but never got around to trying to fix it.

A lot of the sidewalk textures won't show up for puzzle pieces for me. It happens on all of the el-rail over road, as well as when I use Sithlord's curved sidewalk mod (even though I have all the plugins)

Any help would be appreciated :)

deathtopumpkins

fotomontaj, that problem was just posted on the last page. It looks like you have a LHD version of the game but did not install the LHD NAM or vice-versa.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

oka02

I think i have found the problem. I have LHD installed (for some reason... probably because I choose English language I automatically get the LHD stupid thing...), so I am going to reinstall and see if it works

thanks!

Zelgadis

Hello,

Since my SAM Beta V3 wasn't working quite right before, I took the advice given to me and installed NAM 2009.  SAM works fine now, but I have a new problem.

None of the road networks in new cities work at all anymore (avenues, streets, roads).  I just set up a new city and the no road connection zots come up and don't go away.  Then all the R zones abandon a few months later.

It's not at all unusual for a R zone to develop and a no road connection zot to appear over it, but it always disappears after a month or so.  These are quite permanent.

I checked a pre-NAM update city and ran it for a couple of years and it was fine.  Only new cities seem to not work.

ISF

z

Did you by any chance install a Park & Ride traffic plug-in when you reinstalled the NAM?

Zelgadis

Hmmm...  Well, Z, I've actually never heard of that one.  I don't think I did...

Here's precisely what I got, more or less organized the way my previous NAM was organized:

Main NAM folder

(That big mess on the bottom right are all my additional bridges.  This is gonna sound stupid, but I keep 'em that way on purpose.  Long story.  :P  They only work, btw, if I keep them directly in that folder and in no subfolders.)

Plugins folder:

Am I missing something?  Oh, I ought to mention that there are several plugins files that exist in the NAM download but are not mentioned in any of the documentation.  Secondly, this file, NetworkAddonMod_OverpassUpdate_Maxis_Components_Plugin.dat, is mentioned in the documentation but is not included in the Mac version.

Thanks.  :)

ISF

z

Your files look fine.  Sometimes this situation occurs when the affected zones don't have proper power.  The last person to report this problem was using the no-power cheat.  Do either of these cases apply to you?

Zelgadis

Nope, no power-related cheats.  Everything is powered up just fine.  :) 

I do use radical ordinance though.  Specifically the no garbage and no pollution ordinances.

ISF