• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

Pretty sure, yes.

Trying it a third time now... After ending the other processes on my PC.

Crashed after running about 5 seconds.

Should I uninstall, run the cleanitol, and reinstall? I have a lot of custom stuff in there too...

Well apparently it was the city I was playing. It was fine before installing the NAM...  ??? But newly established cities seem to be OK.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

girlfromverona

Not sure if it's something I've done wrong or not, but right at the end of the "Wide Radius Railroad Curve..." submenu, I'm getting this:

I have completely replaced all my NAM files with the ones released today (ie. deleted all the old ones and then reinstalled) to avoid any conflicts. Is anyone else getting this missing piece?

Apart from this, everything is working wonderfully!  ;D

CaptCity

Quote from: girlfromverona on March 07, 2009, 07:53:08 PM
Not sure if it's something I've done wrong or not, but right at the end of the "Wide Radius Railroad Curve..." submenu, I'm getting this:

I have completely replaced all my NAM files with the ones released today (ie. deleted all the old ones and then reinstalled) to avoid any conflicts. Is anyone else getting this missing piece?

Apart from this, everything is working wonderfully!  ;D

Noticed the same thing, and it looks like the spot that the Dual Cross-Over piece used to be (at least that's where it was before when testing). Maybe it was left out?
Also noticed the large 90 degree Wide Road Curve was flipped from the placement preview.

Andreas

Thanks for the reports, we'll check that soon and update the NAM Controller, if necessary. We had to add a couple of last minute fixes to it, so something might have gone missing. :)
Andreas

simcitymaster101

I downloaded the single track rail a few days ago and it doesn't work. it just get a red arrow when i try to place it. I have all the dependencies but i dont know what the problem is. Can someone help?

CaptCity

Quote from: simcitymaster101 on March 09, 2009, 10:41:55 PM
I downloaded the single track rail a few days ago and it doesn't work. it just get a red arrow when i try to place it. I have all the dependencies but i dont know what the problem is. Can someone help?

Do you mean the version that went up on the LEX? If so, did you also install the newest NAM (March 09) or the NAM Essentials (March 09). You'll need one or the other fot the STR to function.

diamonddog_74

I'm having the issue that I can't make the right bridges when I drag the STR, HSR, or GLR networks across water. I also can't make wide angle avenue curves. I have March '09 NAM installed.

I've included screenshots of my NAM folders. I don't know what the issue is. If anyone has an idea, please help.

NAM folder:

NAM Plugins:

NAM Additional Bridges:

choco

i got ya on ST...

remove zzzMetalArchRailBridge.dat and you'll be fine

while your here, you can get the NAMpatible version of fukudas bridge from the LEX (as well as the STR bridges)....

sarjm

Hi,
I cannot get the "Ground Level onramp/offramp straight" to carry traffic.
The three images show the same piece of highway with different ramps.
I am using LH (UK).

Thanks,
S.

Andreas

Unfortunately, the ground leven onramp/offramp won't work in all configurations when using LHD - for this, a special LHD NAM Controller would have to be made. We already discussed this in the NAM Team; at the moment, we're just not sure how to distribute it without confusing people too much.  &mmm
Andreas

sarjm

Confused, never!!   %confuso
Not to worry can't have it all. thanks for the reply.
S.

santexas

I am having a problem with the rural roads starter pieces.  The pieces do not seem to work as starters.  Am I right in assuming that the starter pieces should work like the others, ie, you build a section of road then place one of the starter pieces on top of that road, the road will change to the new rural road, then you can continue to build rural roads.  I have tried this and it does not work.  I have also tried to build from scratch - starter piece then drag road from that piece.  I have all the new (Mar 2009) NAM and the v3 of the SAM.  I have run the new NAM Essentials to update the controller. Any help will be appreciated.  (The new STR works fine - thank you for single track rail.)

santexas (Linda G.)

Jonathan

The Rural Roads aren't starter pieces, they work in the same way as T-RAM pieces, you must plop each tile yourself.
A starter piece must always be 2 tiles big at least.

Jonathan

santexas

Thank you for the reply re: Rural Roads.  However, they are being billed as draggable and they are with the regular road tool.  I think I am expecting them to look different from the regular roads instead looking roughly the same.  Since I have not built any T-RAM in any of my cities (sorry - San Antonio is only begininng to look at light rail after almost a 70 year hiatus), I am still not certain what has to be done. So - I should use one of the first pieces to begin my rural road and then continue using the regular road tool until I want to build an intersection or curve and then return to the Rural Road pieces and use the appropriate piece. Is this right? Thank you for your reply.

Santexas (Linda G.)

Jonathan

You must plop each tile you want to be Rural Roads, so if you have a stretch of road 10 tiles long, you must plop the rural roads piece 10 times (one on each tile).

Where are they being billed as draggable, and we'll get that fixed ASAP?

Jonathan

Tarkus

The LEX Description is a little bit confusing:

The Rural Roads NAM plugin allows the inclusion of US/Canada style dashed road lines into rural areas of quads and cities. These puzzle pieces function in the same way as draggable roads - they can have development next to them, are fully pathed and support UDI missions.

The "function in the same way as draggable" is referring to their ability to support RCI zoning, full functionality and UDI support, but I see how one could mistake it for a SAM-type setup.

-Alex

santexas

Rural Roads:  That is exactly (the readme) where I saw the word "draggable" and I can now understand the use as an analogy for the RCI, etc.  And the Rural Roads are not like the T-RAM which does have a starter piece and by using the Elevated Rail tool, you can make draggable T-RAMs.  So, my questions are (1) is there a starter piece for the Rural Roads as the plugin stands right now and (2) if there is not, do I really create a Rural Road network step-by-step using the various pieces of the plugin?

And recommendations: Create as starter piece (if there isn't one right now); rewrite/amend the readme so that the confusion with the word "draggable" is made clear; and, please show some examples of buidling rural roads.

Again, thank you for your reply.

santexas (Linda G.)

Andreas

Well, from a technical point of view, it's certainly possible to make the Rural Roads draggable as well, but this involves a lot more time than creating puzzle pieces. For now, you have to stick with the puzzle pieces, since no draggable code or any starter pieces do exist so far. If there's enough demand, we'll see about making them draggable, but as said above, it might take a while do to the large amount of work.
Andreas

santexas

Thank you Andreas.  Hopefully, you'all will be able to work something out in the future.  I can tell you that the trains are running on the STR.

santexas (Linda G.)

WC_EEND

i've got the same problem as girlfromverona and captcity, furthermore  my game gave me the following announcement oday: expansion pack 342978908 is missing, you will still be able to play the game, but your graphs will no longer be correct
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project