• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Lightning

BrenMan_94: Did you get the latest RHW? The latest one has most of that problem removed. Try that and see what happens.

Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

The Fomo

Is there any way I can manually change the keybinding for the RAM functions? I'm on a laptop without the Home and End keys, and therefore have no way to rotate the puzzle pieces.

WC_EEND

Quote from: The Fomo on May 07, 2009, 10:14:16 AM
Is there any way I can manually change the keybinding for the RAM functions? I'm on a laptop without the Home and End keys, and therefore have no way to rotate the puzzle pieces.

I think, if you want to do that you need to edit the game controls. My guess would be that the controls are hardcoded into the .exe file so I don't think there's a way to change it.

btw, I didn't knew that there were laptops without home and end keys
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

choco

Korot

Quote from: WC_EEND on May 07, 2009, 10:30:25 AM
I think, if you want to do that you need to edit the game controls. My guess would be that the controls are hardcoded into the .exe file so I don't think there's a way to change it.

btw, I didn't knew that there were laptops without home and end keys

My laptop does has them, but 'hidden' under the number pad, so to use them, I have to press num-lock, which then causes the game menu to disappear. I think that The Fomo probably has those keys there as well, or the laptop is so old that the names disappeared from the keys. If he wants to use them, I suggest using a separated keypad which does has those keys. If I'm not mistaking, those keys are also available on separate number pads, making it easier to use both the number keys, as well as the home/End keys.

The Fomo

Quote from: choco on May 07, 2009, 11:36:57 AM
fn + left (right) arrow....
This works for me. I actually discovered it before you posted, but thank you!

I'm on a MacBook Pro, running Windows XP. That's why I don't have home or end keys.

puresim

Hi guys, as I posted on Simtropolis, I'm very new to SC4 but I've found a bug caused by NAM.

When I install NAM many of the arrows/points that change the direction of trains go missing. When NAM is uninstalled they appear again. Here are some screenshots showing the missing arrows:

I updated to version 1.1.638.0 of SC4 before installing NAM (March 2009). I only installed SC4 a few weeks ago I also didn't have any other user mods installed when the bug was spotted, since then I've downloaded some buildings. I'm using the left-hand drive version.

Please help, I'd really like to keep NAM installed!

carkid1998

Did you select the LHD option while installing the NAM?

Try that if you didn't.
Sendona... Coming soon!

Jonathan

Are you sure they come back when uninstall the NAM? Do you look at the exact same switches?
I think it's only the shadows of the surrounding buildings that hides them and the NAM should not affect this.

Jonathan

puresim

Do building shadows hide points? Is this a known bug?

The correct points do come back after NAM is uninstalled. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it a few times now just to test. I've taken some screenshots of the same points -

With NAM:

Without NAM:

I can take some more if this isn't enough. It is the LHD version of NAM I'm installing, and NAM was the only mod installed when the bug appeared.

Edit: Just noticed from the screenshots above that with NAM installed the trains run on the left just like cars, but without it the trains run on the right, and cars on the left. Does NAM move trains onto the left if LHD is selected?

Andreas

One question remains: Do you actually use a UK version of the game (do your cars drive on the left side of the road)? If not, please do not install the NAM LHD plugin, otherwise, you will screw up the paths.
Andreas

puresim

Yes definitely LHD UK version - without any mods cars drive on the left, trains drive on the right.

NAM however appears to make trains drive on the left if LHD is selected.

Jonathan

That piece with only one green arrow was modified in the last NAM so someone will need to check the LHD paths for that piece, and the other ones I think are just the shadows, because in the original 2 pictures you posted the only switches missing have shadows over them, the one you can see has no shadow on it, in which case it is not a NAM thing.

puresim

Could someone with the LHD UK version of SC4 confirm that NAM LHD makes trains LHD? (They are RHD by default)

Jonathan do building shadows normally make the point arrows invisible?

PLT

Hi all,

Is it possible to get rid of the gras patch under the road-over-avenue puzzle piece, and get a concrete texture underneath?
I'm talking about this piece:

Thanks,
Pat

ebina

puresimcity: It would be my fault. When I converted that piece's RHD paths into LHD I forgot to swap junction keys. Error will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for reporting.

puresim

No problem ebina, I was hoping my bug would prove helpful. I changed the SC4 language settings so now I'm running RHD without any problems ;D

Really appreciate what you guys have done with NAM, it's excellent.

ramseyazad

Does NAM have anything to do with rail bridges generating income?  I have this unaccounted-for income that disappears if I demolish the rail bridges, and the city has only a single maxis train passenger station, if I demolish that, the income remains, but if I demolish the bridges, the income disappears.  I have tried re-building them using different bridges, but it seems to happen with all of them.  If it's not something with NAM, anyone have any idea what it might be?

z

The traffic simulator assigns an income per tile for various travel types, including passenger trains.  For example, in Simulator Z, it's ยง0.001 simoleons per tile per month.  Of course, that means you need a thousand tiles of rail bridges to generate a single simoleon, but if that's the order you're seeing, that's probably where it's coming from.

ramseyazad

It's a larger amount, like 1500 simoleans, and it's connected to the bridges somehow.  They're not thousands of tiles long. . .There is a certain amount of income associated with the rail station as well, but that makes sense to me.  The really strange thing is, there are 2 bridges, and if I demolish one of them, then the transit income jumps up to about 5k.  If I demolish both of them, the income goes away, although in both cases takes a couple game months to change.  Also, for some reason, the census repository shows 5 million commuters to the city, which has a population of I think 6k or so, and very little in the way of industry or commerce.  I made sure there were no possible commuter loops, as it's meant to be a commuter suburb, and I can't find 5 million commuters anywhere in the transit system, which consists of a pretty simple rhw-2 and regular old rail.  Is the rail income based only on number of rail tiles, or is it related to number of commuters.  If it's related to the 5 million mystery commuters (in a region with a population around 500k!) then that kind of income would make sense, and I have to figure out what in the world is causing the mysterious commuters to appear.  The census repository doesn't seem to be making sense for some reason, but the city otherwise seems to behave properly.