• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Icon order Help

Started by Aaron Graham, November 29, 2012, 10:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Graham

Okay, I can't find the Mod Help area any more on this site so I'm going to post here. If modding on a professional level does it matter what Icon order we use for the list of icons in the Landmark list?
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Lowkee33

Apparently, mod help is in the general discussion boards.

As far as the game working, it doesn't make any difference what the order is.

If you're going to release a bunch of lots, I would say the professional thing would be to give all of your lots the same order, and a value that you don't think someone else would use (so not zero).  When items have the same order they are sorted by plop cost.  At least this way the positions of your lots will be predictable.  If someone thinks that the lots should be at the beginning of the list then I think it's up to him/her to re-set the values.

The flora I have released start out way at the bottom, and I haven't heard any complaints.  I might have linked to a post about how to change the order?

jmyers2043

Hey Aaron

The lower the number the nearer to the top of the list. The XTool will assign a medium range number, if I recall correctly. At least it has never placed any of my private things at the top of the menu. I agree with Lowkee. The courteous thing do is to place landmark or other plop items somewhere other than the top - unless you think that your plop will be used by everyone all the time. Folk who are used to modding can change the location but others can not.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Aaron Graham

Thank you guys for your help, I think that's all I need to know. :))
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Gobias

Quote from: Lowkee33 on November 29, 2012, 02:26:01 PM
The flora I have released start out way at the bottom, and I haven't heard any complaints.  I might have linked to a post about how to change the order?
Funny you should mention this... I've taken to always changing the order of your flora to move them to the top of the menu since I use them most often.  In fact I use one value for all "seasonal" and another for all "evergreen".  Just my way of organizing.  To each their own.   :thumbsup: