• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Sandstone Texture Mods

Started by matthart1234, May 18, 2015, 07:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthart1234

Hi all, im currently using Paeng's standstone texture mod in combination with the Tulep sandstone addon by AtmoGuy. The problem im experiencing is that the tuleps are still showing in the maxis standard texture? ive tried replopping, starting a new city etc but still not working. Does anybody have any idea as to where im going wrong? ()what() Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance. P.s. Im a newbie

Indiana Joe

Put the TuLEP sandstone texture mod inside the z___NAM folder in your plugins so that it overrides the NAM files (perhaps create a sub-folder named "zzz" inside z___NAM).  The problem is likely that the NAM files are loading after the sandstone mod and overriding it.

mgb204

Are you using the default US textures then? Being a Brit myself, and finding that mod wasn't supporting Euro textures, I made my own version for Euro textures the Sandstone Euro NAM which you might want to consider.

I'm in the process of updating it, currently it's only Euro textures and supports just the basic EU TuLEPs, but the new version will have full US support, plus support for around 5 or 6 EU TuLEP variants. It's also much more complete than the mods by AtmosGuy, with support for newer NAM features like Turbo Roundabouts, El Rail over Ave/RD-4 and RHW intersections for example.

matthart1234

Hi, I'm using mandlesofts euro textures but my game is through steam and so is RHD >:( and i cant seem to change it to LHD. Will your texture pack work with mandlesofts euro texture mod or is your mod road markings and pavement together? i basically want euro road markings with a sandstone pavement and functioning tuleps etc with these textures or as british looking as possible. Cheers

mgb204

The SEN mod works just fine for both LHD and RHD installations. You can select from either LHD and RHD versions for relevant files, so you could switch easily to LHD later if you get it working. It's compliant with the v5 Euro textures from Mandelsoft too.

Some useful information on switching to LHD with the Steam Version from Simtropolis here seems to suggest it should be possible to have LHD.

Remember if you fix this, you'll need to reinstall the NAM and switch the driving side to LHD also.

As for British textures, I may work on that at some point, for now the Euro v5 mod is pretty much the best there is. The update of the SEN will include the UK TuLEP's though (If you want them early just ask), also check out my Zebra Crossings, the UK versions I'm particularly proud of and are a must have in my biased opinion  ;).

matthart1234

Hi, I already have your zebra crossings and there awesome!! :thumbsup:.Ive used them in some of my residential areas and help to give my city that British feel which i got extremely giddy at lol :clap:. Ive now got your sandstone mod installed with mandlesofts euro textures and everythings working sweet and is exactly how i wanted it to look. My only minor issue is on the avenue curve pieces no median appears? Is this a separate mod i need and if so will all the mods be compatible?? Thanks for the advice on converting to LHD ill definatly check it out. Im also interested in an early test of your british tuleps that would be an honour mate!!!! Again thankyou to you and everyone else on this site and others your all extremely helpful. Major kudos!!!

mgb204

To my knowledge the Ave 90 curve is US textures only and still uses the Maxis textures, I don't know of a mod, but it's on my list of fixes... in fact I started on this today and I'm confident I can improve it. I will change the medians to white for the 0 wealth piece, then make the wealth versions match the latest avenue textures (so grass medians).

I can send the TuLEPs, I've sent you a PM, lest this turn into a personal conversation in the thread :).

matthart1234

Cheers mgb204 and good luck with those fixes/improvments.