• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sunken Highway Junction

Started by DanFraser, September 26, 2007, 05:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanFraser

I had started this project a while ago, but got sidetracked by illness, forgetting about it, then discovering it got caught up in a cleanup.

When I use sunken highways with the normal highway pieces along with the name, I feel there are far too many junctions that inhibit  a free-flowing traffic system.  So, expanding on my original plan, I have come up with this.  The idea is the crossing forces more traffic off the sunken highway further off it, but still allowing access to buildings very close by.  When the pathing is done, certain routes will hopefully be closed off so that sims are forced to use certain ways of getting round.  All that is needed is a little more touch up, some extra fluff knocking about and then to texture it and figure out how to get it in to the game.  After that it's on to creating variations.

Gaston

This is some really nice work.   It has great potential.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Jonathan

WOW. :o :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
That is quite something, if you could get that made into an interchange that would be more than fantastic. I would give up my own time to make it functional, but RL and other projects are in the way.
&apls

Boernie

It's a junction for left hand traffic, isn't it? So the right hand traffic would be nice too..  ::)

But this is really fantastic!!
--Visit http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2426.0 at the MD recently pubsished section--

oh my god, this hospital is full of sick people!!!

DanFraser

It is left hand at the moment, however I should imagine it's not that difficult to mirror stuff for right hand drive (it'll take me a few key presses to do it instantly).

Oh, and here's a model update.  Any crits, suggestions?  If not, throw me plenty of links for getting this through gmax and on to sc4!

Toichus Maximus

Its beautiful, can't wait for ingame pics and eventual download  &apls

thundercrack83

This is quite the effort here, my friend! I'll be looking forward to seeing more development!

Toichus Maximus

Shadow Assassin

It looks great!

The problem is getting it into the game...

We could do with some RHW pieces, though. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

hmmm intresting here indeed if this flys great this would be awesome...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Emperor Stormont

That looks stunning, would love to have those in Atlantis, we need more high quality interchanges, truly wonderful work.

It would also seem it is Left-hand Drive, so even better.......although I'm sure the others that drive on the wrong side would like one to suit them also.......j/k  :D

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

freedo50

Oh, wow! Great modelling skills, I have only one question; for someone who knows about interchanges in-game, isn't there a size limit and isn't there also a polygon limit? It could be that I am just making this up, but I'm pretty sure I've heard both of these problems before. If this isn't the case then I can't wait to see this in-game!

Fred

ssc4k

there is a polygon limit and im not sure about size limit.. but the stack interchange i know is 72 x 72 tiles in bat or at least according to the interchange tutorial. so   im sure it can fit :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

DanFraser

Guess this is popular then!

This will get done, however mostly in spurts.  I just found out I have 8 weeks to do 8000 words for uni :(

Shadow Assassin

ssc4k: The maximum is 16x16 tiles, not 72x72 tiles.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

ssc4k

really??? oh yeah they tell you to number things to that much... well im sure if the cloverleaf fit this would :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

rushman5

I see great potential here.  You may want to contact haleburg about his rural interchanges as well.

Heblem

WOW, amazing!! cant wait to see your interchange in game  ;) excellent work!

jeronij

Due to the nature of the design, sunken highways are not an special network, I think the only solution to put this nice intersection in the game woul be making a TE lot. I know all the drawbacks of TE lots, but even so, it would work right enough.  Custom LODs are a must. Also previous accurated terraforming would be needed to place the intersection. But it is sooooo nice  ::)

I could give a had with some parts of the process, like LODding and modding, but what it would be nice is to see a first textured render of this beauty, in due time of course  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary