• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I80 Streetlight Mods -Great American Streetlight Mod BETA2 ready for Download!

Started by Interstate80, December 23, 2007, 03:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

This issue is quickly solved. I placed the lightcones 0.5m from the pole. Here's the update.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Rodney99

Oh Wow! These are looking really good in game. Thank You for those streetlights :). I just cant wait for the RHW Lights ::). Those are amazing! I never thought id see such a realistic set of highway lights created in SC4. :) NICE WORK! Il be keeping a close eye on this one!

Interstate80

mrtnrln these look much better now. :thumbsup:

j-dub

Another touch of realism  :thumbsup: -the more the better.

Interstate80

I'd like to see the maxis medium wealth lamp to be removed from medium wealth areas like this.

It would look better with all wood poles.

Areas zoned for residential would look better with Lamp 5.

Areas zoned for commercial would look better with Lamp 3.

This looks good but the maxis medium wealth lamp that apears randomly should be removed.

MandelSoft

Well, that medium wealth lights appear on zoned, but undeveloped area's is because there's one T21-exemplar for all zoned area's. On the undeveloped industrial area, on the other hand, there are two T21-exemplars: one for the industrial area and one for the undeveloped area. That causes the lights to appear randomly. All of this can be changed and will be changed.

Interstate80

I have a second set ready.  These are also for streets and roads.  I'd like to see these as an addition to set 1.  They could show up randomly so that there would be more variety.   By clicking on the network tool and then clicking that network the streetlights would change so you could have different styles and lengths which would add more realism.

Lamp 1 could be used for residential zoned,LD low wealth and LD medium wealth and it has a blue lightcone.

Lamp 2 could be used for industrial zoned,low wealth and medium wealth streets and it has a yellow lightcone.

Lamp 3 could be used for residential LD medium wealth and LD high wealth and it has a blue lightcone.

Lamp 4 could be used for industrial low wealth and medium wealth roads and it has a yellow lightcone.

Lamp 5 could be used for commercial zoned and LD all wealths and it has a blue lightcone.

Rodney99

Brilliant idea  ;). And another classy release  :) Thank you!

MandelSoft

Interstate80

I have some bat scenes of set 2 and a sneek peek at the RHW streetlights im working on for the next couple of sets.  Set 3 will be for the RHW4 and set 4 will be for the MIS.

set 2

RHW 4

MIS

Rodney99

I cant believe how familiar i am with all these streetlights you have designed so far. Im really looking forward to the RHW sets. Finally i can start to phase out the maxis streetlights from my highways yay! :)

Monorail Master

It is a very good idea. Also, your sets are very awesome! Can you make a double-sided version of the RHW lights to save space in cities? Example below.

|=RHW   T=double-sided light

| T |
| T |
| T |
| T |
| T |
| T |
| T |
| T |
| T |
| T |
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Interstate80

I have the third set done.  These will be used for the RHW and Maxis Highways.  The next set will be the double sided version of this set for centered highway lights.

Lamp 1 could be used for all high density zones and industrial medium wealth zones.  It will have a yellow lightcone.

Lamp 2 could be used for low wealth industrial zones and all medium density residential zones.  It will have a yellow lightcone

Lamp 3 could be used for medium density commercial zones all wealths and it will have a yellow lightcone.

Lamp 4 could be used for low wealth and medium wealth low density residential zones and it will have a yellow lightcone.

Lamp 5 could be used for all low density commercial zones and it will have a blue lightcone.

Lamp 6 could be used for low density high wealth residential zones and it will have a blue lightcone.

Travis

MandelSoft

I've got one question: Would you be disapointed if don't T21 all of your lights? It looks a bit of messy if lights are placed randomly. It's also a lot of work.

Diggis

Why not render them with the same IID's so the user can choose their flavour.

Monorail Master

Very good, but I have an idea &idea that you might think it's a good one. Put solar panels on top of the street lights like the real ones in like military bases, or areas that get very good sunlight. I'm thinking that you should put the solar panels on top of the CO$$, CO$$$, CS$$, CS$$$, and the High-tech industrail areas. Example below.

/                            KEY
                                                        /                            /=solar panel, _=light rod, |= pole, ^=light
                                                       /|
                                               ______|
                                               ^       |
                                                        |
                                                        |
(\__/)

Interstate80

mrtnrln I could try doing the T21  myself I'm new at modding but I could probably figure it out.  This way I could set them up the way I like and it would be less work for you.  I would just need the finished set with the lightcones working.

Monorail Master thats a good idea I could make them as random props or as an add on that would be optional so that you could choose which type you want.

Monorail Master

Cool, I'm glad you like my idea. You can put it as an add-on or a mini power plant. :thumbsup: :) &apls
(\__/)

MandelSoft

If you do T21 yourself, I recommend you to read this topic.

Also read the tutorial which is given on reply #1 of this topic for modeling lights and applying lightcones to the poles. Instead of the given lightcones (which are all white) you can use the ones from the completed set 1 (which has about 8 different colors. These were from the Streetlight mod v2.0)