• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfred.Jones

Great work AK. I really like how dense it is and how the train goes right through the middle :thumbsup: Keep it up mate

Sim City 4 Devotion

Alek King of SC4

ok some more pics, with some actual explanation!!!!

ok this is an overview of my cbd, at first it was all commercial but as the region
pop grew and it's neighbors all grew over 40,000 in R$ and R$$$ sims i added
about 20,000 R$$$ sims in high rise and about 30,000 more R$$ and R$ highrise sims
in urban rebuild projects downtown really increasing density, for a small tile.  This city tile
also has 4 highway connections (one on each side) and same for rail each with 15,000 commuters from neighboring tiles. also as you can see one highway goes straight trough the other two both curve into big
dig tunnels then connect

just to the north of the CBD in this region lies this tile

Large Mosaic ImageHERE

It has both rail and highway connects to the CBD, this city has nearly 60,000
sims, and some recently developed highrise CO$$ near the border with downtown
and around the North End Rail Hub.

I design my cities from the inside out, meaning i plop a ton of large buidings in
a cbd then go out a few tiles 2 or 3 and start building suburbs, these sims then are gorced
(by me not providing any other  means) to commute to the CBD a tile or two over.

then i build in toward the cbd increasing the density as i go, at tile immediately surrounding the cbd rail traffic really begins to pile up and large terminals and  transfer stations help to handle the load and also provide a good focal point for some added commercial development due to the high traffic.

An quick note about the next pic even though you see streets the only commute path for these sims is via rail there is no job access via road, sometimes you just have to mandate this kinda thing.  Also in urban settings i use NOBs urban textures to match the parking concrete.

some cool BLAM row homes

bat

emilin

Just forget the pictures from AK posted above, and judge the following ones on their on merit, thankyouverymuch.  ;)

Here's an overview shot of my newest downtown area:

A close up on the area around the central station:

The area around City Hall. Some midrise repeat in this shot, but not to disturbing, and I love the blue/black building in the bottom right corner:

And finally one of my favorite BAT:s right now... the highway going through the old central post office:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Rayden

Very nice shots AK and Emilin.  Keep them coming ;)

Alek King of SC4

yeah i love that BAT too, i also love driving through it every day

&dance &dance

Alfred.Jones

That is amazing Emilin :thumbsup: Where did you get the old central post office from?? Keep up the great work mate ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

emilin

Thanks Alfred! I found it on STEX somewhere. Try searching for "chicago" or "post office" and you'll probably find it.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

meinhosen

Oi!  Hustle and bustle in the downtown.  Let's slow it down a bit and see something slower... Hey, quick, the cows are coming home!

Thought that a smaller downtown might be a nice change of pace.   ;D

AK and emilin, those CBD's are amazing!  :thumbsup:
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

sam

Great pictures AK, meinhosen and emilin.

meinhosen: you are right, its nice to see a small downtown. Its a good contrast. After all its not always the size that matters.

emilin: I love your landscaping, it looks great among the tall buildings.

AK: Great estates, the repitition looks very effective on the row houses. And your highrise buildings are spectacular.

TheTeaCat

Great pictures AK, meinhosen and emilin.
More please folks

Ah the weekend is nearly upon us time for some sc4 playing i think. Hopefully i shall be able o add to this section soon.

:satisfied:

Edit:     500th post. I would have been a King now untill Jeroni changed the labels     lol
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

pvarcoe

Here's a few shots of my Downtown Calgary from Bow River Valley:

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Alfred.Jones

Amazing downtowns everyone :thumbsup: Thanks for the post office Emilin

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

sebes

Very cool downtown areas AK, emilin, meinhosen, pvarcoe.  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Nikom

bat

Alfred.Jones