• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Little update, Been busy doing other things So I wasn't always BATing it.

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Thanks for the likes!

Here are two more render of the progress. The textures might change again. The blue plane at the back is where the mosaic will go. If anyone has a good picture of it I can trace it would be greatly appreciated.

Props & Texture Catalog

Bobelboy

What a brillant BAT this is going to be. You chose a wonderfully designed station and your work is just as wonderful. Really looking forward to this one! If I may ask for one thing then it would be that you don't put the station's name on the roof so that it stays neutral.

art128

I haven't touched the BAT in a few months mostly was busy with other games..

Small progress. I've added the furniture inside the café on the inside terrace. Still lots to do, mostly texturing and lighting. I do plan to have this one finished soon(ish).

Props & Texture Catalog

Barroco Hispano

Looks pretty good  &apls

Sometimes it's better to model the interior instead of relying on emissive maps (Especially when I don't have any  ()sad())

By the way, are you using Classic/Raytraced?
Barroco Hispano

art128

I am selecting Classic/raytraced before any render I do. But sometime I feel like it doesn't take that into account. Is there a way to force it automatically?

Small update, added some lights. On the modeling side I only have left to put the roof junk and some props inside the hall as well as people for the day and night view. Should be ready this week-end I think.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Both Tampere station and the related quasi-fictional bat look just outstanding!!! Really looking forward to them  &apls &apls

art128

Update, it's almost ready to render. I need to add some access trap door to the roof and do the LODs.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

It's now in game.  :satisfied:

It will be available for download along with Tampere very soon.  :)

Right click for full size.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Amazing work Arthur  &apls &apls &apls
Your texture work is better and better  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Tyberius06

Wow. I'm surprised by the name, but this is some really beautiful building. I've been at Eindhoven central a few years ago, when I was travelling from Amsterdam to Budapest and I chose to go by train from Amsterdam to Eindhoven, then I flew from Eindhoven airport  to Budapest. I didn't pay much attention to the station back then. Now quickly checking it in google maps, your versions is like thousand times more beautiful than the real one! Really amazing work, Art!
Thanks for it! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

art128

Tampere and Eindhoven stations have been released! Click on the pictures to get to the LEX pages.

Props & Texture Catalog

TheTeaCat

Stunning textures! awesome job!  &apls
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

deora

Wow, these buildings are to the brim full with elegant mid century styling. A shame that the Tampere Station doesn´t seem to have that wavy artwork on the facade anymore.

manga rivotra

I'm a bite late here but Thank you very much for these last 2 plugins !  :thumbsup:
They are gorgeous and The Eindhoven Station instantly became one of my favorite buildings for all time !  &apls &apls &apls

art128

Thanks guys.  :)

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

I've updated the downloads of both Tampere and Eindhoven with new lots. Special thanks to Tibi (Tyberius06) for updating them with proper transit modding! (updated NAM and MTA transit switches.)

Tampere station is now a 6x2 lot with proper parameters so it sits at the bottom of the embankment.

Eindhoven is now a 5x1 lot and lost the transit-enable for the street on the side.

Please if you use them delete the current lot, download the new one and replace them in your plugins!  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Well.. Sorry for not posting any updates recently, haven't been feeling like BATing...

I've started my next project, which is still an old building I tried to make when I discovered BATing... Though it was very different back then. It's inspired by a building at the angle of Rue de Chatillon and Avenue Jean Moulin in Paris 14th Arrondissement. I used to walk by this one everyday going to school..

Obviously still a very big WIP.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Haven't felt like BATing recently but here is some progress I did today:

Props & Texture Catalog

Une_ame

It looks promising :thumbsup:
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !