• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMelots without C.A.M.!

Started by Terring7, September 04, 2011, 07:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

You need eggs to make an omelette and you need C.A.M. to get the CAMelots. I discovered however that you can have CAMelots in your city without having C.A.M.! All you need is Maxis Extra Cheats.dll and any commercial and industrial CAMelot you wish.

Open the city you want to build the CAMelots. Press Ctrl + X to open the cheat bar. Right click to the bar and a menu will appear, with lots of cheats to use. Select the LotPlop cheat and hit Enter. The game will load all the lots that you have, both original and custom made. Select the CAMelot you want to use. Click the x button to close the bar and voilĂ ! You are now ready to place the CAMelot anywhere you wish.

You can plop any farm, factory, shop and office CAMelot anytime you wish. Don't try it with residential buildings! Plopable homes will not let the Sims get out and find a job, so they'll get abandoned no matter what.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

wunderlong88

I tried this with ks_jpn Burj Al Arab - commerical cam building.  I brought it in the way you instructed, np.  But it is abandoned and I cannot get that to change.  It says "abandoned due to lack of water"  It has water, power, roads, still no change.

Do I have to get my city up to a certain stage?  I do not have cam installed...when I tried to do that it slowed my system down too much.  I was hoping to be able to use some cam buildings as wells as noncam buildings so was excited when I saw your method.

Any ideas?

jmyers2043

Quote from: wunderlong88 on September 10, 2011, 04:45:32 PM
It says "abandoned due to lack of water"  It has water, power, roads, still no change.

Do I have to get my city up to a certain stage?  I do not have cam installed...
Any ideas?

This happens to me when I change the stage of a farm then go to an already developed city. The farms that I changed will turn crispy black and get the no water zot. The reason? The farm in question grew as a stage 2 and now it's a 3 because I changed it. But that's Ok because I know what happened. I'll simply demolish the old farm and let a new one grow and move on.

Same (I think) holds true in your case. You have a stage 12 (or stage something) and used a cheat to plop it. Now you expect vanilla maxis to know what to do with the building. Ideas? Sure. You can re-mod the building to be a stage 8 and grow it which is something that SimCity vanilla understands. Or make it into a Landmark and plop to your hearts desire.

The CAM was developed as a way to grow extra stages. Is it not challenging and fun to grow the Empire Stage building as a stage 13 rather than plopping it? I'm not the plopper type, apparently

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

wunderlong88

I would use CAM but when I installed it SC4 begin to run very sluggishly.  I have a quad-core, 2.5 GHZ w/ 1TB RAM.  I did not have any dependencies installed for it yet as I wasn't clear what else I was supposed to install for it.  I just uninstalled when I saw how slow it ran instead of pursuing it.

Hence, I decided to try the plop method.  I do not know how to remod a CAM building and I may just stick to buildings designed to plop.

Linda

straha

Quote from: wunderlong88 on September 10, 2011, 07:36:25 PM
I would use CAM but when I installed it SC4 begin to run very sluggishly.  I have a quad-core, 2.5 GHZ w/ 1TB RAM.  I did not have any dependencies installed for it yet as I wasn't clear what else I was supposed to install for it.  I just uninstalled when I saw how slow it ran instead of pursuing it.

Hence, I decided to try the plop method.  I do not know how to remod a CAM building and I may just stick to buildings designed to plop.

Linda

One TB RAM is a whole lot of RAM!  As far as the slowness goes, you may be running into the multi core issue.  See this thread http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5060.20 for more info, and workarounds.  The last post may be the most helpful.  Also, setting display to software rendering rather than hardware may help as well.
- Straha, the Bard of Hackney

wunderlong88

Oops...I must have been asleep when I typed that I have 1TB HD, 8 GB RAM...Does anyone have 1 TB RAM?  I guess someone might but not me  &Thk/(

I do have the Target line stating cpu=1, fwiw.

I appreciate your response and when I more time I will read the thread you referenced.  Short on time right now but I wanted to correct my specs!

Terring7

Quote from: wunderlong88 on September 10, 2011, 04:45:32 PMBut it is abandoned and I cannot get that to change.  It says "abandoned due to lack of water"  It has water, power, roads, still no change.

This building provides tons of $$$ jobs, so maybe you don't have a lot of richer Sims or your CS$$$ demand is not huge enough. I have a stage 9 building in 1 of my cities without any problem.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

wunderlong88

I read the thread that was referred to above but it is a bit over my head I guess...I'm not really sure what or if I need to do.