• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike3775

What do the rail crossings look like with these? 

Kergelen

How fast you advance :o

The intersections are really fantastic. And the picture of TTR to DTR are a nice preview of what will be! &apls

For the Million Views Contest I guess 10 April 13:50 GMT+1 :)

Links to SC4 websites

jdenm8

Quote from: mike3775 on January 20, 2012, 05:04:53 AM

At the moment, there are no R-Spec textures for TTR Crossings, except for those FARR ones.

Here's what some look like at the moment.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Battlecat

This just keeps getting better and better.  Looks like you haven't lost your touch in the slightest!

mike3775

Quote from: jdenm8 on January 20, 2012, 07:00:31 AM
Quote from: mike3775 on January 20, 2012, 05:04:53 AM

At the moment, there are no R-Spec textures for TTR Crossings, except for those FARR ones.

They look good.  Thanks

AcoG000

Quote from: jdenm8 on January 20, 2012, 07:00:31 AM

-snip-
ya, those look nice indeed.
Visit cheeseSC4! A very good (slightly small) site!

dedgren

A trial yesterday.  Reports of my retirement from the law are apparently vastly exaggerated.

There should be lots happening here this afternoon.  As before, watch this space.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Jmouse

February 29 at noon central U.S. time.

ivo_su

March 3  is the national holiday of Bulgaria this is  my guess
03/03/2012 19:14 h Eastern European Time

- Ivo

mayorfabz

Feb. 29 is cool, I'll go for it. 2:30 pm EST
Fabien

Stray Cat

Well, I'll throw in a guess for the big 1E6 event:

March 29, 6:21PM AST.

Congrats on getting to here David.  You are truly a remarkable man with more chutzpah than anyone else around.

Scott
Just a stray wandering through life heading to the big litter-box in the sky...

Gugu3

@Rooker1
just to be more precise...the hour I decided for my prediction is 12:15 AM GMT+1 :P

dedgren

Bashing out puzzle pieces.

There's close to 40.  Some, as you have seen, are huge.  Each takes, on average, between and hour and two hours to complete.  Hence the radio silence yesterday.  I'm making progress, but I want to stay focused on that as much as possible as next week looks like a busy RL one.  I will try to post some in-game testing pics later today.

We're just over 10% of the way from 900,000 to a million views.  More on that in a bit, too, including some initial projections.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

noahclem

That would be an important piece to have for the set  ;D  It'd be great if WAVERide technology could be used to make it possible to drag networks across them--though I that would boost the amount of time needed for this piece to well over 1-2 hours  $%Grinno$%

dedgren

After cleaning up some silly mistakes...

I've been on and off working during the afternoon.  Thought you might like to see a new puzzle piece in the game, though.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

mike3775

oh dedicated lines, I like

Shadow Assassin

QuoteIt'd be great if WAVERide technology could be used to make it possible to drag networks across them--though I that would boost the amount of time needed for this piece to well over 1-2 hours 

WAVERide can be used for FAR pieces but the implementation is a problem... there's really only two people who know how to do it at the moment - Tarkus and BlueLightning. Both of them have their own projects to deal with, so it's not really a priority.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Tarkus

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 22, 2012, 08:26:15 PM
WAVERide can be used for FAR pieces but the implementation is a problem... there's really only two people who know how to do it at the moment - Tarkus and BlueLightning. Both of them have their own projects to deal with, so it's not really a priority.

Actually, in total, there's 5 people with WAVERide capability--two of them (sadly) are no longer active, however.

-Alex

noahclem

It is very nice to see the FARR piece in game David  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Tarkus on January 24, 2012, 02:13:20 PM
Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 22, 2012, 08:26:15 PM

Actually, in total, there's 5 people with WAVERide capability--two of them (sadly) are no longer active, however.

-Alex

Yeah, I figured that one was extremely unlikely to happen. I guy can dream though  :D  And somehow I'd hoped that if such a piece was created once it wouldn't be as hard to port it over to other networks (RD2, DTR, and RHW-4 might be higher priorities than TTR). The question begging to be asked though is who's the third active NAMite capable of creating these beasts. Or perhaps they'd prefer to remain anonymous for fear of getting mobbed with requests  :D

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure I know the other active WAVERide-capable NAMite. Still a bit confused about who the two retired ones are though.