• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LE0

This is an awesome MD and maps and detailing, do you work on this 24/7? :)
Leoland coming Spring 2009

mrbisonm

Quote from: LE0 on March 12, 2009, 09:45:35 AM
This is an awesome MD and maps and detailing, do you work on this 24/7? :)

LOL....I knew that someone would ask me that question one day or another....lol. No, I have three buissnesses to take care of also. I am a busy fellow I know, but love SC4 so much that I spend a good hour with it every second day or so. And often 2 to 4 hours on a weekend, working on this MD, creating stuff in the LE and BAT in my Bat-thread at ST, and keeping up with the new GRV II challenge that is in the Projects board of this site. Life is too short not to have some fun.

BarbarossaS, it took me many weeks to create that WRW map, glad you like it.

FrankU, u bet.....back-ups and making sure nothing won't happen with this like it happened with NoG, is my main concern. We learn with time, right? I have a special Pluginsfolder for WRW, like all the other regions, but like I said before, I have interchangable plugins also that I can add and take out at any time, or only adding them when needed. This way I can have all the farming files that exist in one citytile and then switch quickly over to the city with a plugins that is full of Hi-risers and stuff. I think that this is the best way of playing a decent game with thousands of files. (I have some 14 gb's of SC4 files total)  My base plugins folder though is only 3 gbs, all the stuff that I regularily use all the time, but when I switch to the city addon for example, I add another 2 gbs. Adding new stuff happens all the time but only after having been tested in another region (my testing or sandbox region) fairly well enough. It takes quite some good and uncommon Bats for me to upload now and these days not too many around. It also happens that I take out some older ones before adding new ones to my main plugins. BTW, new props and prop-packs/textures are a no no for me now, I'd rather redo a new BATlot with my existing props than keep on adding new props to have it ingame. I think there are enough props out these not to create new ones that only ressemble existing ones. I have a limited amount of props in my pluginsfolder of only 340 mbs. see below......

art128, so you like my trees?....lol....something unbelievable might be hidden under these.

mrb, thanks for coming. :thumbsup:

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

mrbisonm

Since I don't have time this weekend to make the update, I will do it right now, so you will have enough time to think about it.....

«« It is Friday late afternoon and Dad told me that we'll go fishing again tomorrow morning. It was about time, waiting for almost 3 weeks for him to decide to go fishing again. " Oh....Charlie" he called out while walking to the outside door " Grandpa and Mike will come also." Who the heck is Mike? My face just lengthened  3 inches when he said Grandpa. It's not that I hate him, but he has this strange way of ...well...telling everyone what to do, even to Dad.
After supper I helped father to prepare all the stuff we needed for the two days and started packing the *Rusty Rover*, as he calls his hydroplane. It used to be Grandpa's before, I guess it must be old now too, just like Grandpa. Strange though that I saw Dad pack the tents, hm, I think we're going to stay in the tent overnight. *Are we going to fly over the winding river again?" I asked in hope for a positive answer..." You bet Sonny, we'll even have a low flight over it, see if we can find a nice spot to land and have a look around and maybe even go fishing there instead of the ol'place" he answered calmingly as if it was nothing....what?, nothing? Hey this is my dream come true since I saw the area for the first time. You can't be serious. This I couldn't believe,
" Are you sure?" I asked very lowtoned, and all Dad did is shake his head in the positive way without even looking at me. Wahooo,
Oh man, should I scream for joy now or what, I thought, but I just shut up and enjoyed the great news.
Imagine, going fishing in a place where they didn't even have any map of, wow, that is what I call an adventure.»»

So Friday night went by, Charlie went nervously to bed early to be ready and in topshape at 4 AM in the morning. Just before he climbed the stairs to his bedroom, Grandpa Henry came bulging into the house and spent the night here also and talking loud as he always does. It could be well read on Charlie's face that he didn't agree with the idea of taking along Grandpa.
The clock didn't need to ring that morning, Charlie was already up and preparing his final stuff he needed for the trip. Breakfast was short and before the horizon got lit, all three of them were on their way to the Rusty Rover.

«« I saw Dad looking always down while we flew over the Redden bay, just 10 airminutes north of our place, as if he was looking for something he lost." What are you looking for Dad?" I asked curiously. Grandpa jumped in and said " He's looking for the Allheimer's place to pick him up, didn't he tell you?" Allheimer, who's this again, I thought, " Father was talking about Mike that would come along fishing today" I said. " Yeah, Mike Allheimer.....hey, there it is." pointing downward to a little beach with some houses further back. oh my I thought, I hope it's not Grandpa coming to the backseat now. Once landed we saw Mike beside his camping gear and a nice sailboat on the beach eagerly waving at us to make sure we won't miss him. Grandpa explained that Mike is one of Pa's friend from the mainoffice in Beecher Falls.

But it wasn't that bad afterall. After having picked up Mr Allheimer (Mike), Grandpa sat beside me in the back and continued chatting with Pa and Mike as if I didn't exist. Just what I wanted. It took us around 40 minutes to get to the beginning of the Winding River Wilderness over the mountains. As soon as the hills rolled downwards, forests started to get denser and heavier the further we flew right into the valley.

How could someone walk through this mess I thought. Now that the sun was up, we could see for miles through that valley and not long before Dad pointed his finger towards the big swamps while calling out my name.* There's your little fishing paradise again," and downward we went, getting closer to the trees. Am I lucky or not?»»

Flying low over the wild region gave Charlie another view and openmouthed he just couldn't resist makind some fog in the backwindow with his warm breath.
The region is fantastic he thought, so vast, green and blue and so many things to see. As if the mountains and hills were guiding the river towards the sea.

The lakes and ponds must hold thousands of fish and game.
And the forest are so dense and thick, impossible to see anything under its giant canopy.

Nothing really was mapped in details yet in this region. The gouvernment decided because of the limited access to make a simple wilderness reserve with it, but with possibilities to civilize it in later years one day. The terrain is low and therefore quite easily inondated. The Winding River comes from the west, draining most of the Mountain chains and carrying a lot of water sometimes, especially in the spring. That is why a lot of swamps have formed with time, giving it the unique beauty of untouched wilderness.

To Charlie's eyes, this was indeed paradise or at least what it should look like. While flying very low over a giant pond that stretched for miles it seemed, Charlie heard his father telling Mike and Grandpa that it was impossible to land there, but he would take another look at the big river, maybe there.... Pretty sure that Charlie got seriously for a second or two when he heard this. Having seen so much yet, it is impossible not to land, that would be the end for a nice weekend for him and the end of his hopes to see the region close up.
Over the river John Gabber flew onlt a few meters above the waterlevel and everyone was looking at the river's bed to see if there's enough water to land without stumps, rocks and other debris, but the river is big and the water deep it seemed. After about 2 minutes, which seemed like 30 to Charlie, John pulled suddenly up the plane only to turn around.

«« "I saw a good spot to land back there" he screamed out while the engine was forcing the harsh turn. I couldn't believe it, we were here and we're going to land.»»

The landing went well and slowly they approached the riverbanks while Mike got out and stood on the floaters to check the waterdepth. There was a small beachlike area without too many trees that they wanted to reach and bring the plane abroad. Charlie was all eyes in every direction and didn't even realize that they were about to beach the plane.
Once the motor was shut off, Grandpa got out and Charlie just behind him almost pushing him into the sand. He was eager to set his foot on ground as if it was man's first step on the moon.

«« " Let's unload everything first" Dad told us, " and then let's go fishing a bit before lunch. It looks good here, I'm surprized." I couldn't wait to get the things out, especially my fishingrod.»»
So everyone got prepared and while Grandpa was mounting both tents, Charlie went fishing on the little creek that dumped into the river just a few meters away, while John and Mike tried their luck in the big river itself.

The river is large here, hardly being able to distinguish things on the other side.
And it wasn't long that everyone heard Charlie screaming like crazy that he caught a big one. He caught his first freshwater trout and what a trophy that was. Quite surprized to see him having caught a big trout like this in a small creek like that, John and Mike ran over to see the monstertrout. Then.....all of sudden......, just before they reached Charlie with his catch, both stopped instantly and looked over the creek to the other side with wide open eyes.

«« When I saw Dad with his open mouth and big eyes looking over my shoulder I knew something wasn't right and I didn't like that at all. The 3 second silence gave me goosebumps and I quickly approached Dad and looked back to see what I didn't believe to see or couldn't.....
" Oh sh*t" Dad said and called Grandpa with a worrying voice. I got scared and forgot all about my trout, almost hugging father for protection...............What in the world is......»»

Well, that was another chapter of the Gabbers in the Winding River Wilderness. Their first adventure and the beginning of it all. I will be back with some more of the story......lol ;D....I guess you want to know what they all just saw, right? Hm well....me too.  &Thk/( Until next time. Have a nice weekend.

mrb ;)

wouanagaine

You're detailling in picture is awesome  :thumbsup: I can't imagine the time it took you to build that

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

cowcorn

A new MD by you is a great way to put a smile on my face. It's nice to see you in action here. I look forward to more great story and always so great landscape. I can see you still have a knack for cliffhangers... I'll be there and who knows maybe take a part in it... The world always needs musicians... even if it doesn't see why!

BarbarossaS

Nice pics! You've got an eye for detail and I like that a lot  ;D

As for the story: what the hell scares the Gabbers so much! I wanna know!

Battlecat

Very cool update.  Lovely design of the region, it truly is beautiful out there.

Also one heck of a cliffhanger.  Looking forward to the next update!

mrbisonm

wouanagaine, it must somewhat of a talent that I have, it took me less than 10 minutes of play to create the last scene with the tents, people and hydroplane. I just throw in the pieces and if they don't look right I start all over. Thanks for the compliment......btw, aren't you scared now to compete with me in GRV II?.....lol  ;)

cowcorn, what a pleasant surprize to see you here, haven't seen you in ages. Glad to have you again with my new MD. Are you still in the UdeS and into music?

BarbarossaS, I don' if that is scare or surprize the Gabbers are into, but it surely intrigues me too... ;) Glad you like the details, I like creating them.

Battlecat, cliffhangers were a part of my speciality with Nexis of Genesis (NoG) back at ST. So why not have them here......makes people's brain work.... :D. Nice to see you again.

I would like to add something to the story and pictures here, so everyone knows it. This is a fictional story in a fictional land with fictional regions and fictional characters. Nothing is compared to reality and any names, places or others have nothing to do with anyone, anywhere and etc. Just understand this, because in the next update there will be some historic, political and legendary statements which will nothing have to do with reality at all.
Thank you.

mrb

Edit: Oh, and tomorrow I will upload a picture of the whole scene of what happened in the last chapter of the story, but unfortunetly I was not allowed to show that particular detail. $%Grinno$%

TheTeaCat

Fantastic  &apls &apls
great cliffhanger :thumbsup: superb pics :thumbsup:
I enjoyed every second of it ;D

Looking forward to the next update just to know what scared the Gabbers so much :D :D

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

CaptCity

OK, I'm hooked... On both the wonderful landscape and the cliffhanger... Just what will happen  ()what()

Looking forward to more.

Pat

Fred simply amazing there!!! I cant wait to see the new pics you have promissed  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Youcefk69

Very good story, congratulations  :thumbsup:

Simpson

Hi !
I'm so sorry that I missed all these updates and teasers. The region is looking superb  &apls
The teaser of the Forest is nice  :thumbsup: and the last update is incredible, I love the first picture.
I'm looking forward to the next update my friend

Take care,
David :)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

mrbisonm

Thank you all for the nice comments. Here is the Teaser picture that I promissed, so you have an overlook of the situation of the story where I stopped temporarely.
Maybe tomorrow I will have another update to the story and we'll find out what all four just saw.......uhhhh, I can sense some difficulties for the campers here....... %wrd

Have an ice weekend

mrb  ;)

kimcar

Wow the river pics could give you an hall of fame in picture competition for sure  &apls &apls The amount of detail is just awesome . Great coice of mod too. As for the last pics, maybe they have to take care of some bears ... no  ;D Looking forward

Pat

hmmm a forbidden pic ooh booy, me is wondering what that could be??

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Simpson

Nice picture my friend, the nature is looking incredible  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

CaptCity

What a tease... ;) Well, we know it's bigger than a breadbox, smaller than a...?

Wonderful scene of the campsite and creek...  :thumbsup: Makes me want to load up the tent and fishing gear.

Will definitely check back.