• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ursador - Needs your help! ("Updated" 03/15/10)

Started by soulchaser, August 01, 2009, 12:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which suggestion of the Highway is best? (END: 02/28)

A)
B)
C)

soulchaser

Thanks, Nascar_Guy and CalibanX for your votes.
Maybe, someone can tell me how to add a poll, so this commenting-voting might be easier. I didn't find any thread, that explains how to add one  ;)

Sorry for all those, who expect a bigger update this weekend, after the votes' end. I'll be on a short trip for one week, spontanously. Because of this, The votes go on till 08/29/09. And don't loose interest   :-[

The people of the first settlement finally thought of a name for the small village, that has been built until now: Forstgardsplass.

The only picture of Forstgardsplass, available to the DoD, was made by an aviator, who had problems to find the right route to Anedover, because of bad weather.

Furthermore the biggest cattle-farmer commisioned a photographer to take a picture of his wide pasture for an advertisement.

And here is the actual map (I'll add a legend, next time!).

• Yellow Stripes: Farming
  • Dark Grey: Residential
  • Dark Brown: Industial
  • Light Apricot: Commercial
  • Black Trees: Forest
  • White Lines: Streets
  • Black Squares: Single Houses
  • Big Black Cross: Church
  • Small Crosses: Cemetary

See you next Saturday ;)

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Luke09

Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

soulchaser

I'm back now.

The winner is: A-I-B
The DoD will receive offers of willing building companies. We hope the line with the budget will be met.

And Luke09, thank you for the kind words. The name is a concatenation of norwegian words. I thought this would suit this little village.

And still: Anybody any advice for getting these polls to work? I don't have a clue and can't find any advice searching the forum!

Recently Iced

KoV Liberty

Looks pretty good (last update).  ;) Edit: 700 th post!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

soulchaser

The settlements in Ursador are booming.

While the farming population demands a lot of space, the DoD had to reach the northern shores of our small river.
Because of the often very bad weather, it had to have some roofcovering. As there are a lot of woods, this seemed to be the best way.
Now it's built and the residents of Forstgardsplass call it the birch brigde.

Soon new farms settled on the northern shores. There's already almost the same variety as on the southern one.

But the boom means also, that there's a lot of trash produced. But it's also a benefit for the region. Ursador is selling some trash to other regions' incinerator plants.

Thanks for watching. There will be some more pics from Forstgardsplass and an updated map till sunday.

Recently Iced

just_a_guy

Nice farm fields! I also think the street layout is impressive as well. It must have taken long to build all that.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

Battlecat

Nice job on the landfill!  You really are developing excellent farms and suburb cities. 

Luke09

Very nice,and the bridge's name is nice  :P ,and i liked how it fit in the river
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

danielcote

In the center of that farmfiel in that bushel of trees is there a house?

soulchaser

@all: Thank you for the nice comments. Now, that danielcote told me, where the poll-button is (darn I'm blind :-[ ) the next poll, that will take place, will be how it should be.

@just_a_guy: Yes, the streets take some work, but the fences takes much more.

@Battlecat: I like the landfill, too. I thought, there should be more than just some brown space ;)

@danielcote: The thing you are talking about is in pic 3 (Rural life)? There are just some cows, a watering place and a feeding trough, nothing more. Just a small cattle range.

For further growth, the DoD ordered a information brochure. Here's one of the pictures.

And here the actual map. Now with legend. :thumbsup:

Recently Iced

danielcote

Oops I must have been looking at the other page  :-[ . Nice towns and villages especialy that one with the lake and the giant boulder.

NASCAR_Guy

Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

io_bg

I've been lurking here... I think it's time to post a comment ::) Great update, I love that village! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Luke09

Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

tooheys

soulchaser, I love your farms. I always try to make sure mine aren't square, but you take that to the next level. Beautiful to look at  :thumbsup:

The small rural communities really fit in nicely, and are well laid out. And the maps only add to an already impressive presentation.

Dave

ecoba

Wow, soulchaser!

This is an awesome MD you've got going here, and those maps just kick it up a notch.
Are those pics photoshopped?

Ethan

soulchaser

Back with a new update!!! First of all: Thank you very much for not loosing interest.

@danielcote: No problem :D, I'm loosing track, too.

@NASCAR_Guy: Sorry, this is not THAT kind of interactive MD. You're not acting as single individuals, you're acting like the masses. I just love as things are growing. I try to plop as little as possible.

@io_bg: Thanks :)

@Luke09: It simply got the most votes. I hope you're satisfied with the results.

@tooheys: Those Farms are only possible because of the great mods, others made. The commmunities seem to be well laid out, but they're simply the result of logical decisions.

@ecoba: Thank you. Mapping is something I practice, because I just don't want to forget how to use the software :D And yes, All pics, but the maps, are photoshopped.

Ursador now has many new faces.

So the DoD has to scope much more on the trash, that is produced. The garbage collection truck drivers (huge word) protest driving on those busted streets. They want bigger roads. So we have to plan new traffic paths. In the later map the options (1,2,3) are marked. The people may vote for their favourite option.

Furthermore, a local company asked for a sight where they want to look for ressources. The suggested 3 spots (A,B,C) are open for the people's votes.

So polls are open now, please vote ;)

Edit: oops, I forgot to resize the map...now with link;)

Recently Iced

io_bg

Great work as usual! :thumbsup: May I ask where did you get the rowhomes from the third pic?
About the polls, I like number 3 the most because it's far from the village. As for the second poll, I choose location A. :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

soulchaser

Sorry, io_bg, I don't remember...I'm currently installing plugins I downloaded over the past year. So I don't remember. I installed about 1gb yesterday....

Recently Iced