• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Official Paradox Interactive - Cities: Skylines Discussion

Started by threestooges, March 04, 2015, 06:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Bipin

Ooh yes, very nice!  :thumbsup: Now, where are those sunken highways? As far as where walls for them are located...

Quite rudimentary for now. In light of now having in-city terraforming, I aim to make these my first release quite soon though.

Jespernilsson

Quote from: Bipin on March 21, 2015, 08:27:35 PM
Ooh yes, very nice!  :thumbsup: Now, where are those sunken highways? As far as where walls for them are located...

[image of gorgeous wall]

Quite rudimentary for now. In light of now having in-city terraforming, I aim to make these my first release quite soon though.

Give me them! Now!

Mr_Maison

I wonder if anyone can make a mod that gives us an option that unifies the highway roads so we are not stuck with both directions separated or better yet, CO can include this feature in an update? I mean make an option where we can drag a bridge for example with both directions in one piece. As it is now, all the highways are one way roads. Putting them right next to each other to cross a river results in 2 bridges instead of one so we cannot make real world bridges like Golden Gate, Verrazano Narrows, Manhattan Bridge, etc. I hope the talented NAM team digs into this.

Jespernilsson

Quote from: Mr_Maison on March 22, 2015, 10:33:05 AM
I wonder if anyone can make a mod that gives us an option that unifies the highway roads so we are not stuck with both directions separated or better yet, CO can include this feature in an update? I mean make an option where we can drag a bridge for example with both directions in one piece. As it is now, all the highways are one way roads. Putting them right next to each other to cross a river results in 2 bridges instead of one so we cannot make real world bridges like Golden Gate, Verrazano Narrows, Manhattan Bridge, etc. I hope the talented NAM team digs into this.

This might help you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ZlwagXrbg

Mr_Maison

Yes I saw those videos but no workarounds will give us these at the moment

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

There are now 32,198 entries in the Steam Workshop so am still planning on adding a rating system over at the CB website with the aim of highlighting the must haves or at the very least what people consider to be essential

Not sure this one comes under either of those two categories

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=418737203

But they deserve   &apls   for attempting to recreate Terry Pratchett's Discworld

Closeup of the "Edge"

Someone has also done Quirm (St Ives Bay) and Ankh Morpork plus there is another version of the Discworld
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

epicblunder

Quote from: catty on April 11, 2015, 04:58:34 AM
But they deserve   &apls   for attempting to recreate Terry Pratchett's Discworld

That is awesome!

mitch

Dedgren,

I played around with the level tool for a bit, dug a few holes to china, then realised that if I 'right click' it sets the elevation in which to level.

Cheers,

Mitch

catty

NCGAIO

No doubt a sales success for the team of CO that wisely produced its well closest game than was expected by the public of genre ()stsfd() ....   unlike of SC.

But how did Maxis they also brought the real level of agent simulation down to facilitate gameplay.

ex:Workers not getting to work has no consequences

as well as the visual limitation of textures for the option of DX backwards compatibility but with the possibility of looking at things like This maybe this things  will not  really make much difference to the great public

catty

Quote from: NCGAIO on April 15, 2015, 05:18:44 AM
...But how did Maxis they also brought the real level of agent simulation down to facilitate gameplay.

ex:Workers not getting to work has no consequences...

Yes but unlike Maxis they have been very clear even before they released it, that certain things have been "fudged" as they wanted a game that all ages and skills could build a city in and have that city keep working even if the builder of it was making some questionable design choices ... its been a balancing act and some of the failsafe's they have put in, have now been modded out by people ...

... things like the 9 tile limit to buy, very rapidly got modded to 25 tiles and now has been modded to 81 tiles, granted you need a very decent computer to use it and it does still have bugs at this stage   :)

NCGAIO

I noticed that  has become a fan of the game but the comment was not derogatory because it also said exactly what you posted "to facilitate gameplay"

But note that they also emphasize the fact that it can simulate the 65k agents in locomotion and people that disappear  without getting to work very reminiscent of the SC teleport between cities.

So also we could not criticize the Maxis by artificially inflating the number of inhabitants ( as observed  before launch..  although someone tries to give a contoured in the explanation.)

It is obvious that none of that matters when the objective is have fun playing  but always good to remember that if it were statistical  not agents maybe it  was more real. (It is unlikely that many people stay watching the personal lives of yours Cim's... this is more for The Sims  IMO.)

catty

:thumbsup:

Quote from: NCGAIO on April 15, 2015, 03:53:34 PM
...It is unlikely that many people stay watching the personal lives of yours Cim's... this is more for The Sims  IMO.)

More people are watching their cims lifes that you would think, there have even been mods put out which allowing you to tag and track your cims.

This one is called "CitizenTracker"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=413448449

QuoteWhen you click on a citizen, a new button allows you to follow them. The favourites button, beside your population count, brings up a list of all the citizens you're following. You can click on their names to find them quickly, or choose to see a detailed view of their lives and who else is in their family or household. Another button beside the favourites button allows you to place icons above the heads of your Cims and track them throughout the town

Mr_Maison

Actually I wouldn't mind a hybrid of agent/statistical system to make the "illusion" of the cities more believable. I think asking for the game to account for every single Cim especially for those of us who will be using the 81 tiles is just ridiculous. They can stop at the percentage they already have established and fudge the rest so when we look at a huge metropolis, we can look at numbers that IRL would be consistent. Right now I'm looking at my growing city with 45,000 and it looks like at least a couple hundred thousand souls live there.

threestooges

Quote from: catty on April 15, 2015, 04:30:33 PM
More people are watching their cims lifes that you would think, there have even been mods put out which allowing you to tag and track your cims.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=413448449

QuoteWhen you click on a citizen, a new button allows you to follow them. The favourites button, beside your population count, brings up a list of all the citizens you're following. You can click on their names to find them quickly, or choose to see a detailed view of their lives and who else is in their family or household. Another button beside the favourites button allows you to place icons above the heads of your Cims and track them throughout the town
Thank you for the heads up. I will be trying this one out.
-Matt

relics8801

Hello SC4Devotion and all  :) How are you ?
I don't have CSL yet (I will buy it soon ;) ), because it is so good game, and its really evolved of Simcity4.
and some japanese sc4 player already playing and joined to Workshop in the Steam.

Check it out pls  "$Deal"$

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=422702194

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425073656

I don't meet my friend Mas'71 long time, so I don't know at all so far  ;D
I'm look forward to play the Cities:skylines.

Do you have any plan to open thread about that by the way ?

Thank you
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

NCGAIO

Quote from: catty on April 15, 2015, 04:30:33 PM

what is the point? ...

There are dozens of moders trying doing what does not yet exist but that does not mean that people will use it after download. (Equal to SC)

Do not turn this into discussion only by select the  isolated opinions but I'm pretty sure that unless out of curiosity or to be distracted when tired of building it is of no use.

Parallel to SC4 how many times you played with Sims? ... They are also in the game and send opnions about their situation that could be used to make decisions about what to do in the city.

The point here is that all released simulators want to settle a paradigm that was crucial to SC4 between offering realism in the simulation while maintaining an easy level of gameplay.

Comparing a flight simulator would be more or less how to enter the cockpit of a jet with all the functional instrumentation but you need only pull the yoke to take off; turn left; turn right and landing

I have no doubt that CS is a good game but does think  it have the appeal of challenge  to keep the interest that  soul of a more realistic simulator then requires is more a game of building profitable cities for sale.

IMO.

note: I have absolute consciousness that more complex simulators are for a niche market and obviously much more interesting just for indies than for large distributors so I will not post about it and forgive me if dodged the matter. :thumbsup:

catty

Quote from: NCGAIO on April 16, 2015, 08:32:37 AM
...what is the point? ...

There are dozens of moders trying doing what does not yet exist but that does not mean that people will use it after download. (Equal to SC)

Do not turn this into discussion only by select the  isolated opinions but I'm pretty sure that unless out of curiosity or to be distracted when tired of building it is of no use.

Parallel to SC4 how many times you played with Sims? ... They are also in the game and send opnions about their situation that could be used to make decisions about what to do in the city.....

My own view is its less about "isolated opinions" and more about people having the choices to do a whole range of different things in C:Sky even if they are things that I personally can't see the point of ...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=412924260

and yet nine thousand plus people think that having a giant tsunami wipe out your city is a good idea    &mmm

... and yes I have the Sims as a game, one of the older versions which was compatible with SC4 as I wanted to have my family living in my cities, also pets   ()stsfd() and yes I use them mainly if I'm checking a RTMT station to make sure its being used properly as I can send a sim on a journey across town.

-catty