• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cozu

Thanks for the advice... today after work   %confuso i'll try using the Mac installer

keep it up... happy weekstart XD

-----------------

I just did it... and it worked perfectly fine!!  thanks for the advice again...  &apls

now i'll be able to use the RHW again :thumbsup:

cammo2003

Quote from: jplumbley on March 03, 2008, 04:20:21 PM

Example 1:

Call me a pedant if you will, but haven't you got the yellow lines the wrong way around on those diagrams?  :P

(Sorry, couldn't help but notice it!).

Lollo

Hi people! I'd like to have your impression on this idea: particular puzzle pieces to allow creation of frontage roads... something like this

Keep an eye on the Lair!

Haljackey

Lollo: Very cool!  This can also be applied to a collector/express system (multi-RHW network), where you can transfer between the the inside (express) and outside (collector) lanes or vice versa. 

This would be something I would use very extensively and would really improve the context and functionability of the multi-RHW network!

Best,
-Haljackey

Lollo

:thumbsup:

Do you believe in me if i say i had the idea while thinking about your highways and interchanges?  :P

Keep an eye on the Lair!

DFire870

That looks great and would work well for me, since I like using frontage roads (since Texas has them everywhere). However, that configuration would only work for the collector/express system like haljackey said. For true frontage roads the outside two lanes would need to be a one-way road, especially since the frontage roads have buildings next to them.

And I think Alex was working on ramps for frontage roads, but I could be wrong.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Haljackey

Quote from: Lollo on March 11, 2008, 11:18:02 AM
:thumbsup:

Do you believe in me if i say i had the idea while thinking about your highways and interchanges?  :P

Yes I would, but I never use frontage roads though.  Personally, I don't like them, but this transfer could be applied to them if you transition a OWR to a RHW-4 and then back.  That way, it can connect to buildings.

Interesting concept anyway!  It will sure make a collector/express transfer much easier!  They are a pain to construct!

Best,
-Haljackey

el_cozu

i used to use fontage roads... but... the sims are more likely to use fontage roads than the highays... so... i just put 2 or 3 avenue-HW intersections in every city... and then i connect them to the different city zones...

jcs072488

Quote from: el_cozu on March 11, 2008, 01:31:22 PM
i used to use fontage roads... but... the sims are more likely to use fontage roads than the highays... so... i just put 2 or 3 avenue-HW intersections in every city... and then i connect them to the different city zones...

I feel the same way. The frontage road would be all congested and Highway would be empty and sometimes it would cause a ripple effect with no-work-zots. :angrymore:
JCS

RebaLynnTS

I use frontage roads within city limits, but do not connect them to the edge, so sims have to use the highway to get to another city (or rail, or subway).

Another way I found is to place toll boths on the frontage roads next to city connections, sims still use it, but more take the highway.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Crissa

Always make the frontage roads do loops and curves and unexplained dead-ends.

Then it'll look just like Silicon Valley x-x

-Crissa

dragonshardz

I use a set of frontage roads in the spaceport in my MD, the frontage roads are basically just a loop that stays in the city.

Best way to do it in my opinion.

~~Dragonshardz~~

bakerton

Tarkus, that is a great idea and you have my word to work on it. It looks great. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

MandelSoft

Those fronage roads are a really good idea :thumbsup:
I would like to see them in the RHW-mod.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Lollo

Well... I don't know if it's the right place to post, but i'd like to show up my own (early) version of a rhw tunnel, based on buddybud's underpasses in the modding and lotting aspects, and on a rough model of mine...

Keep an eye on the Lair!

shanghai kid

Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

Toichus Maximus

Awesome tunnel!  &apls

Those look like sodium based lights, so you should make the red part of the reflector almost black--that'd be really neat :P

Can't wait to see more!

j-dub

Judging from the 2.5 tiles size, is this going to overhang, and is this design for going under a hill? I have RHW underpasses that slope down first then, go under a intersecting RHW. There is a height warning sign at the top. This version wouldn't be 1x1 tile size like Buddybuds underpasses would it? Would it be too late to add signage like Buddybud's?That would be awesome, I think Blahdy's RHW tunnel goes 3 tiles long. Like what I see so far. 

Haljackey

Lollo: Very cool!  Is it UDI compatible?  That's why I have never used buddybud's underpasses.