• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

citymax

congratulation !! The textures are awesome ! &apls &apls

manchou

My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

Ennedi

RHW textures never were more realistic. Great work Daniel!  &apls

If you (or anybody else) would have enough time to create a compatible texture set for Maxis highways (to be able to connect these two kinds of networks), I would feel like in heaven... :P

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Haljackey

I'll have to echo what the rest of the crowd is saying.

Dan, I haven't used your textures since RHW 2.0 (or 20 as it was known back then) and I've been dying to ever since. Based on what I've seen in your screenshots, they look absolutely flawless, perfect in every way. The addition of the broken lines and various texture improvements for RHW 4.0 adds years to SC4's life expectancy for me.

Well done Daniel, well done!

MandelSoft

Well, even I'm tempted to use Daniel's textures above my own when they are available (take it as a compliment  ;)). They look so awesome!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Wilfried

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

noahclem

It's Euro textures for me whenever 4.0 drops! ...Even though I really like Blue Lightning's darker American ones a few pages back.

swamp_ig

Bug:

1. Draw a RHW-2.
2. Draw a MIS crossing over.

At this stage often I get a reversed crossing, in that the tiles intersecting the RHW-2 flip over to the other direction.

It doesn't happen all the time, but seems especially bad when there's more than one MIS crossing the same RHW-2, esp if in opposite directions.

Blue Lightning

Its a problem from v3.0, but in v4.0 the code's been revamped to be more stable.

For now, either convert the RHW-2 to road or just try clicking around on different tiles and see if it'll rotate back.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

swamp_ig

Quote from: Blue Lightning on April 25, 2010, 04:57:51 AM
...or just try clicking around on different tiles and see if it'll rotate back.

How do you mean? Is it a function of the actual tile (ie: x,y) that is used?

Korot

He means that, while you have the RHW tool selected, you should try clicking on the 'rotated' tiles.

Regards,
Korot

sim-al2

@Shadow Assassin: It's a work of art! Those are awesome looking textures! :thumbsup:
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Nego

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on April 23, 2010, 08:05:00 PM

That is AWESOME ;D &apls &apls
and I definitely agree with riiga, nice use of the chevrons.

Question : Will there be American style textures with chevrons ect. like Shadow Assassin's?

Tarkus

Quote from: Nego on April 25, 2010, 08:28:51 PM
Question : Will there be American style textures with chevrons ect. like Shadow Assassin's?

Eventually, yes.  I've been considering doing a "chevronized" version of the default textures after 4.0 is released.

-Alex

Haljackey

Quote from: Nego on April 25, 2010, 08:28:51 PM

In addition, an darker North American texture was posted by Blue Lightening a few pages back. Let me repost it here:

Quote from: Blue Lightning on April 07, 2010, 11:45:07 AM

Looks very similar to Shadow Assassin's except there's a yellow inner line and the rumble strips are a bit more noticeable.

Still, these are in development just like RHW 4.0. I'd be willing to guess the new mod will come out before these textures do.  Cosmetics are secondary to functionality.  &scl()

Blue Lightning

Speaking of which, I meant to show this before, but forgot.

I might end up changing the hatching though, its backwards (but frankly it looks better that way, and I can have more than 2 hatchings), and could be thicker.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Nego

Very cool &apls &apls and I do agree that if you do change the direction of the hatching, it should also be thicker. Overall, though, everything looks great.

Also, will the Darkfault be an option in the original release or will it be a separate add-on?

jdenm8

I tend to agree with the hatching. I love the rumble strips on the side (Which are awesome!  &apls) but the hatching kinda lets it all down. It'd look a million times better wider.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Haljackey

Looking good vince! Only thing I would suggest is broken lines on the accel/decel ramps... but SA's texture has those anyway.

Keep up the great work!