• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodb3kmaster

First off, thank you all so very much for this wonderful release! I'm having a great time playing around with all the new features in v4.0. However, I'm afraid I have a missing texture to report - with the rail viaduct-over-RHW-6C puzzle piece:

I have both of the texture patches that Alex has posted in this thread installed in my RHW folder, in case you're wondering.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

MandelSoft

Quote from: rjaap on May 11, 2010, 04:54:01 PM
Guys, great work on RHW 4.0!

I noticed a texture glitch in one of the RHW wide curve puzzle pieces.
It's in the RHW-2 45 degree curve. When you drag the RHW-2 from the end of the curve the textures don't match:

I checked the paths and they line up ok so the piece is working as intended, so no hurry on this one.

There is limited support for RHW-2 (I already said that at the download and in the Readme). I have to rework the old diagonal RHW-2 Euro textures to new ones. However, if you leave the smooth curve out of this curve, the orthagonal and diagonal sections do match up (that's why I still leave them in the mod). Be patient, I'm working on this issue, but i'ts going to take a long time ;).

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

Thanks for reporting that, Zack--that one's actually not a missing texture but rather, a bad reference on an S3D.  Same end result, though--a "festive square".

Oh, and jdenm8, I've traced the source of your bridge issues to the LHD support file.  The texture IID that had been used on the RHW-2 bridge was changed as it would have interfered with the future plans for multi-height ERHWs.  The change was applied to the RHD version, but never made it into the LHD file.  

I'll have at least a temporary fix for you before long, and will correct the LHD version.  I think I'm also going to start attaching any future patches to the sticky post.

-Alex

jdenm8

Thanks for the reply Tarkus.

I think that's a good idea about stickying the patches to the sticky post.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

n_wilson

Quote from: jdenm8 on May 12, 2010, 04:13:59 AM
I think that's a good idea about stickying the patches to the sticky post.

Definitely.
Visit my SC4 Blog: GRUNEN.de.

Entry #8 - Baby round round - now published! (25.8.)
(bilingual: English and/und Deutsch)

Tarkus

Done.  I've attached a new fix which temporarily fixes the LHD bridge issue until the IID references are corrected.  It also fixes the issue Zack (woodb3kmaster) pointed out--it appears that the Zoom 1-4 textures (but not Zoom 5/6) for the darkened RHW-6C texture used on puzzle pieces were not present due to an import error. 

Please note that the fixes are cumulative--you don't need to worry about collecting them all, as they're all combined.

-Alex

Haljackey

Quote from: TJ1 on May 11, 2010, 01:17:04 PM
I feel crazy about answering this question :-[. But how do you make SPUI/DDI intechanges? are they plopable puzzle pieces? if so which icon are they under?

I have recently completed both tutorials, they are found in the RHW interchange guide (link in my signature or in the RHW sticky post).

Both pieces are found in the avenue/RHW puzzle pieces tab in the roads menu. Yes they are both puzzle pieces. They also require expansion to build the interchanges as they are just the main pieces.

rjaap

@mrtnrln

My bad, I should have realised that myself.
Thanks for clearing it up! (and of course for your nice textures :))   

cookies

Wonderful work! I don't often post, but,
I'm just wondering, am I supposed to be able to do this?
(That is, drag a RHW 8S curve?)

schm0

Hello everyone,

I am having problems using the newest RHW... specifically when using the curved 45 degree puzzle pieces for RHW2 and the eye-candy pieces for the center lines. It crashes to the desktop (it's frozen completely once or twice as well) after 20+ minutes of play time, but works for the most part otherwise. I've been able to cope by constantly saving, but it's rather frustrating and it has happened consistently since install.

Each time I am placing the pieces on top of an existing RHW network. It only seems to happen when using the eye-candy or curve pieces, and not when using the RHW in general.

I am using a brand new install of the NAM (i.e. removed the entire directory, reinstalled and repackaged) along with the RHW, SAM and RAM along with all of the custom bridges. I do not have any other traffic or network mods installed.

My initial thoughts are to run SC4 with nothing but the NAM/RHW and see if I still have the problem.

SC4 crashed with just the NAM/RHW/Bridges, etc. running after placing a puzzle piece only 4 clicks into the game. Any ideas?
schm0

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: cookies on May 12, 2010, 06:44:27 PM
Wonderful work! I don't often post, but,
I'm just wondering, am I supposed to be able to do this?
(That is, drag a RHW 8S curve?)
I suspect so, seeing as the readme mentions improvements to diagonal RHW-8 functionality (without specifying -8S or -8C, so I assume it means both) and draggable RHW-6C diagonals have been added.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I can't get the RHW-6C neighbor connector piece to plop at the quad border over an existing dragged RHW-6C. It instead wants to be plopped over the next tiles inward from the connection. I'm not sure whether this connection is on level ground, so that might explain why the puzzle piece is being so finicky.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Amitz

I have the question but first thks u all for this amazing mod &apls,back to the question how do you guys make RHW bridges over water ()what().

McDuell

Thank you NAM-Team for another great addition to the traffic network capabilities!  :thumbsup: &apls
Having already played around with the RHW 4.0, I discovered quite some things which I really like, primarily the new diagonal possibilities.

Quote from: Kitsune on May 11, 2010, 03:00:30 PM
Has anyone got the EMIS diagonal over MIS diagonal puzzle piece working? I cant seem to get it work... and it would entail a 5 minute youtube video to show all the crazy stuff its doing.

Yes I have.  :)

But there seem to be some missing pieces which don't make every diag x diag overpasses possible. At least I couldn't manage to get some setups working.

The left overpasses are possible, because they only need diag x diag overpass puzzle pieces of the types 1+2. To achieve this, you need to have 1 (or any odd number) tile of space between the left and right RHW4 pieces, which is shown here with the rail stubs. However, I can't build the overpasses if I put the RHW closer together. Here I would need the type 3+4 pieces which don't seem exist in the overpass puzzle pieces. This refers to both, the diag ERHW4 over diag RHW4 and the diag EMIS over diag MIS. This was probably the reason why you couldn't build your overpass.

There only exist 2 types ...:

...where other overpass puzzle pieces have 4 types:

I hope this has not been too confusing.  :)

----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

Blue Lightning

Quote(That is, drag a RHW 8S curve?)

Looks like someone figured out our little "easter egg"...

But yeah, there's some limited capability for draggable diagonal 8S.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

TEG24601

Minor Issue, I haven't seen it reported yet.

On my Mac (PPC) install of SC4, the RHW arrows are pointing in the wrong directions on the started pieces, and rail over RHW.  In fact, to use rail over RHW, I have to offset the pieces by 1 square, and in the wrong direction to get them to come up correctly.

TEG

Tarkus

Quote from: McDuell on May 13, 2010, 07:35:02 AM
The left overpasses are possible, because they only need diag x diag overpass puzzle pieces of the types 1+2. To achieve this, you need to have 1 (or any odd number) tile of space between the left and right RHW4 pieces, which is shown here with the rail stubs. However, I can't build the overpasses if I put the RHW closer together. Here I would need the type 3+4 pieces which don't seem exist in the overpass puzzle pieces. This refers to both, the diag ERHW4 over diag RHW4 and the diag EMIS over diag MIS. This was probably the reason why you couldn't build your overpass.

Yeah, I just tried that and seems a 3 and 4 are needed after all, unfortunately. 

Quote from: TEG24601 on May 13, 2010, 05:19:06 PM
Minor Issue, I haven't seen it reported yet.

On my Mac (PPC) install of SC4, the RHW arrows are pointing in the wrong directions on the started pieces, and rail over RHW.  In fact, to use rail over RHW, I have to offset the pieces by 1 square, and in the wrong direction to get them to come up correctly.

TEG

If you just drop the RHW folder into your Plugins, it'll install the LHD Plugin as well, which will reverse the arrows.  Just go in and delete the z-Left Hand folder and it should be fixed.

-Alex

alfadriver12345

Just thought i'd say a big thankyou for RHW 4.0 its brilliant  &apls.I have a question about the connector pieces when RHW goes of the map edge ()what().I just wanted to clarify the "IN" & "OUT" aspect of the pieces.I assume "IN" means from another map & "OUT" the reverse.Also,if this is the case,when I turn the pieces to form the connection I have noticed that the out piece (RHW4) seems to have the coloured lines(white & yellow) on the wrong sides ???.Could someone who is cleverer than me please address these issues.Cheers  :thumbsup:

Tarkus

Quote from: alfadriver12345 on May 14, 2010, 02:04:51 AM
Just thought i'd say a big thankyou for RHW 4.0 its brilliant  &apls.I have a question about the connector pieces when RHW goes of the map edge ()what().I just wanted to clarify the "IN" & "OUT" aspect of the pieces.I assume "IN" means from another map & "OUT" the reverse.Also,if this is the case,when I turn the pieces to form the connection I have noticed that the out piece (RHW4) seems to have the coloured lines(white & yellow) on the wrong sides ???.Could someone who is cleverer than me please address these issues.Cheers  :thumbsup:

Actually, the "In/Out" thing doesn't matter--the pieces will work either way, technically, as long as the white/yellow line pattern matches.  The arrows/descriptions are simply a holdover from an earlier build.  I'll fix that.

-Alex

Andreas

Quote from: Tarkus on May 14, 2010, 12:13:57 PM
Actually, the "In/Out" thing doesn't matter--the pieces will work either way, technically, as long as the white/yellow line pattern matches.  The arrows/descriptions are simply a holdover from an earlier build.  I'll fix that.

So they are directional and you just have to rotate them into the proper direction? Then the preview should get some arrows, in case someone is going to use an Euro Texture mod, with white lines on both sides. ;)
Andreas

the7train

Hi I noticed woodb3kmaster has RHW 6C diagonal functionality in his screenshot.  How did you do that?  I can't find any 6C curves anywhere! 
Thanks!