• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jondor on January 19, 2011, 08:50:08 PM
I know we have tons of transitions already, but are there plans to mirror the left half of that one and make a symmetrical version with a 1 tile median between the RHW-8S?

Like a wishbone transition? I made the same exact request a million years ago... You're not the only one...

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on June 13, 2010, 11:27:24 AM
Here's something that would likely have some merit. It follows the same thing that I requested with the s to c transitions that I posted some time ago:

(Once again, this image WAS edited...)
This looks like a C ramp; Perhaps a "D ramp" like setup for this would also be up for eventual inclusion...?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on January 19, 2011, 09:26:09 PM
Like a wishbone transition? I made the same exact request a million years ago... You're not the only one...

Geesh Ganaram, you've got a knickknack for just about every transition out there....

Loving the progress! Keep up the great work guys!  :)

Tarkus

Polygonal Lasso Tool -> Ctrl-X -> Ctrl-V -> Flip Horizontally -> slight X/Y-adjustment -> done. :)

I've also rediscovered an old, lost piece from jmvl from shortly after RHW Version 3.2 . . . basically an RHW-6C-to-4 version.  Just need to retexture it . . . and I can make a "wishbone" version of it using the same method mentioned above.

-Alex

jondor

All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

MandelSoft

Man, it looks I've set a new standard here with making pieces symmetrical  ;)

Also, how about a RHW-6C to RHW-4 transistion, but an assymetrical version where the RHW-4s are side by side?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

strucka

How about a same piece, that would transform in to RHW-6s? It could then have a FARMIS ramp, going out of it.

Oh. not to forget, will there beany suprises soon in the shape of RHW-6 or 8 bridges? I'm probably not the only one, that could really use those. It's really important. My latest 2xRHW6s made a huge flood, because there was no other way, but to cut the river of.

Tarkus

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 20, 2011, 02:57:11 AM
Also, how about a RHW-6C to RHW-4 transistion, but an assymetrical version where the RHW-4s are side by side?

Actually, that's exactly what the aforementioned "lost piece" is.  And it's now been V5-Spec-ified. :)

-Alex

MandelSoft

I meant without the ramps...

But this one looks also great  :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Hutts

Can the E-RHW4 go over draggable GLR?  Every case i tried it, it would revert to an at grade GLRxRW2 crossing...or do i have something wrong in my plugins?  Also, are there plans for E-RHW4 over T-RAM or Tram-Aves, those would be really handy.
Visit my sites
Snowmobile Michigan

Tarkus

Currently, the ERHW-4 and EMIS cannot go over GLR.  I attempted to do something about that a couple of times, back when RHW Version 3.0 and 4.0 were in development, but ran into some unexpected issues with the implementation and the override then, so that fell by the wayside.  I am planning to revisit it before Version 4.2 comes out, however.

I've been thinking about T-RAM and Tram-Avenue overpasses as well . . . I think they could be very useful additions and would not be difficult to add, though they'll require some careful CheckTyping and design because they'd be three-network objects.

-Alex

riiga

Great work on that "lost" piece Alex! Actually, I think it was I that made the original texture for jmvl back in 2009, since I have it laying around in my RHW work folder.  ;)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Tarkus on January 20, 2011, 09:21:38 AM

Oh my gosh, someone thought of that, too?!! (Needs some more smoothing out to resemble Riiga's, in my opinion.)

How 'bout backwards for the 8S to 6C one? Instead of 8S to 6C and 2 MIS, it's 8C to 6S and 2 MIS?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Yeah, I can see your point on the RHW-4 curving bit.  I'll likely end up adjusting it slightly before release.

I was recently looking through the Base Network .dat file in the RHW and happened to notice that I actually already had a few pieces of the ERHW-2 already in place.  I've now partially implemented it.

The T21s on the supports obviously need to be adjusted here . . .

The ERHW-4 and EMIS will be able to go over Maxis Ground Highways by overriding the ERHW-2 overpass that is shown here.

-Alex

itsacoaster

Quote from: Tarkus on January 20, 2011, 09:21:38 AM
Actually, that's exactly what the aforementioned "lost piece" is.  And it's now been V5-Spec-ified. :)

-Alex

Great work as always guys.  I use the RHW-6C pretty frequently and I love to see these kinds of transition pieces.

Ramona Brie

I like the ERHW-2. It's a lot like a concrete texture, which I think is pretty common in the US for something like that.

BTW, how is the RHW-3 coming? I haven't seen or heard hide of it in years.

jdenm8

RHW-3 is coming along nicely.  :D

That ERHW-2 looks very nice Tarkus!

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: Tracker on January 21, 2011, 03:56:24 PM
BTW, how is the RHW-3 coming? I haven't seen or heard hide of it in years.

As jdenm8 mentioned, the RHW-3 is coming along and is intended to be part of the next release (Version 4.2), in fact.  The network is draggable, has diagonal functionality, as well as transitions and ramp interfaces.  You'll be seeing and hearing about it quite a bit more here in this thread soon.

-Alex

Opkl

Quote from: Tarkus on January 21, 2011, 10:06:17 PM
As jdenm8 mentioned, the RHW-3 is coming along and is intended to be part of the next release (Version 4.2), in fact.  The network is draggable, has diagonal functionality, as well as transitions and ramp interfaces.  You'll be seeing and hearing about it quite a bit more here in this thread soon.

-Alex

Tarkus, what I would love to see is something like the singal sided parrarel ramps for the maxis highway, but for the RHW. That would make it soooooo much easier to build compact srunken highway exits for the RHW. It should also connect to networks like NWM, OWR, Road,etc. By the way, nice job on the evelated 2RHW.

Tarkus

If you're referring to a ramp interface-and-transition all-in-one, while it has been considered, it has generally been deemed too "pre-fab" to fit in with the modularity standards of the project.

-Alex