• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on April 10, 2012, 10:25:28 PM
There's also WaveFAR, which works like the FlexFly pieces, the standard for that is currently being drafted, but it most likely won't be in the next NAM version...
:o Does that mean what I think it means? FA(X) pieces with the potential for intersections anywhere along them? That would not only make FAR etc. hugely more flexible, but allow for only a handful of pieces for each FA network (maybe as few as four?). I imagine there are no screenshots yet since it's in draft stage, but I'd love to know more.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on April 13, 2012, 09:38:10 AM
Quote from: Shadow Assassin on April 10, 2012, 10:25:28 PM
There's also WaveFAR, which works like the FlexFly pieces, the standard for that is currently being drafted, but it most likely won't be in the next NAM version...
:o Does that mean what I think it means? FA(X) pieces with the potential for intersections anywhere along them? That would not only make FAR etc. hugely more flexible, but allow for only a handful of pieces for each FA network (maybe as few as four?). I imagine there are no screenshots yet since it's in draft stage, but I'd love to know more.

Yep, that's pretty much it.

And only one piece (if I do it right) will be needed. :P It'd be set up exactly like diagonal streets.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Raindog

Hi RHW team, can someone help me. I currently have an avenue but want to change it to a 6C bridge. I am not sure if that is possible. So far I only get four lanes and not the median (inner part). Do I need to make a transition to 4W, create a RHW bridge and then back to 6C?
Thanks in advance

Horn broken, watch for finger...

MandelSoft

A RHW-6C bridge is not publicly available yet and neither are bridges for the RHW-6S, 8S and 10S (though there are some bridges in testing stage).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

Additionally, a 6C bridge would have to be produced through a workaround, as parallel bridges with no separation between them are not permitted by the game's transportation and terrain systems--either an odd overhang or a DBE-style solution.

-Alex

Raindog

Bedankt Maarten, I was just looking at the readme which gave the same answer, only four bridges available in 2W and 4W. I was hoping that they were made as separate plugin but it seems I have to wait. I guess I am not the first one with this question/wish.
I will implement my idea then to make a transition to 4W, make the bridge and go back to 6 lanes. See the result below.

Ps: would it be possible to create a bridge as a ploppable lot, say 20x3 in size? Not that I would be able to do such a thing.  ;D
Horn broken, watch for finger...

apeguy

Quote from: Tarkus on April 14, 2012, 11:20:08 AM
parallel bridges with no separation between them are not permitted by the game's transportation and terrain systems--either an odd overhang or a DBE-style solution.

-Alex

I would suggest an overhang, seeing as most of the lanes would be on the two parallel bridges, and, correct me if I'm wrong but I imagine an overhanging model would be easier to implement.

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Haljackey

Quote from: Wiimeiser on April 09, 2012, 10:36:14 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I've been wanting sonething like this for a while now.

Dug something similiar up from my archives. This was apparently being worked on by the freeway experts some time ago. Haven't seen any development for years on this front:

More content here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4575.100

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: apeguy on April 14, 2012, 12:19:35 PM
I would suggest an overhang, seeing as most of the lanes would be on the two parallel bridges, and, correct me if I'm wrong but I imagine an overhanging model would be easier to implement.

Except for one problem: Capacity and falling into the ocean whilst UDI-ing. It's already been considered but I haven't heard anything more than that.

I'm more for a DBE-style solution over overhangs.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Wiimeiser

The Ramp was actually meant to be a RHW-4 or MIS, but both ways work.
And those archives look interesting...
And inspiring...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Phlogiston

is it possible to have a diagonal RHW neighbor connection using NAM 30 puzzle pieces?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Phlogiston on April 15, 2012, 10:23:19 PM
is it possible to have a diagonal RHW neighbor connection using NAM 30 puzzle pieces?

There's nothing holding you back from making a diagonal RHW-2 NC, but the problem is that on the neighbouring city, the connecting RHW comes out straight, not diagonal.

Imagine that being compounded by having multiple RHWs and override networks...

There's a really tricky way to circumvent the problem, but even so, you still need a puzzle piece to be made, one for each RHW network width.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

P57 slowly progresses forward . . .

Yes, that's an L2 ERHW-8C going over an L1 ERHW-8C.

The main project at this point on my end is getting the base RUL2 code in place for the RHW-6C/8C OxO overpasses with other RHWs (ERHW-6C over RHW-8S is being a pain).  After that point, I'll begin ultra-stabilizing them, and converting the puzzle piece end over to the new specs.  All the height levels are being coded and assembled simultaneously, so when this finally gets released (while I won't give a release date, I will say that it will not be in the next 2 months), they'll all be available at once. 

-Alex

vinlabsc3k

Good news Alex &idea and excellent work on multi-level RHW!! &apls &apls
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

apeguy

Nice progress so far. :thumbsup:

Just one minor thing though, I noticed on the pylons for the L2 ERHW-8C that there seems to be a minor imperfection where it seems to be slightly narrower on the bottom half of the pylon, and the change in widths is somewhat abrupt. Is that the plyon tapering, a small rendering error, or simply the zoom level the picture was taken? Just wondering, not that it makes a difference to the actual functionality. :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Tarkus

The pylons we've used have always tapered--the UV mapping might need a little adjustment, though.  As part of P57, they've also been modified such that they're actually all 30m (L4) pylons now, and the T21 used to place them basically just submerges portions below ground on L3 and lower ERHWs.  This reduces the number of models necessary, and as passionate as some seem to get about pylons (the "Pylon Police" :D), if someone's so inclined to replace the models, it'll be much easier for them to do so.

-Alex

mike3775

Tarkus, I applaud you for everything you have been doing the past few months with the ERHW's and getting them to be better than they already are, especially considering how busy life must be for you and all this time of the year  :)

Ilikeanrhw

(\__/) Watch out! I think everyday is a toaster day.
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help
(")_(")him gain world domination. Bunny loves weasels. So you too. :)

woodb3kmaster

This is some really fantastic stuff, Alex! I look forward to playing around with the wider ERHWs at all the new height levels. (I also look forward to being able to make ramps and diagonals for them; my offer to make more models still stands. Perhaps we could discuss this via PM?)

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Durfsurn

Looks great. Ooh. Imagine the stacks I can make with those babies....