• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un1

Wow dedgren, simply amazing.

Please ignore stuff like custom content. ()stsfd()

I finnaly got around to uploading my FAR test pictures.  :P

FAR Test:

Here is the track that I made:

First I drove around it. Nothing happened. (That is good)

Then I tested if Sims could use it:

Sucsessful!  ;D

As the last test I tested to see if the paths are correct:

FARR Test:

This is the track:

I drove around it, nothing happened. (That is good)

Then I tested if the Sims can use it:

The path check:

The FAR/FARR is amazing!  &apls

Welcome to Page 255!!! Also, This is my 100th Post!  ;D

-un1

MassHelper

So far so good... Great work, David!!

So all we have to do now is to wait for single rail lines to come out....

:) Mass
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

metasmurf

I'm having problems with the new version of the FAR. The piece's simply wont show up. Under the road menu, I see a new buton, but only with the previously released curves (s,45,90) and when i continue to hit the tab button, the usual road puzzle pieces show up, thus no FAR pieces at all. Under the rail menu, there is a button but when I press it I simply get a read cursor and nothing shows. Any ideas?

un1

Quote from: metasmurf on October 06, 2008, 01:16:54 PM
I'm having problems with the new version of the FAR. The piece's simply wont show up. Under the road menu, I see a new buton, but only with the previously released curves (s,45,90) and when i continue to hit the tab button, the usual road puzzle pieces show up, thus no FAR pieces at all. Under the rail menu, there is a button but when I press it I simply get a read cursor and nothing shows. Any ideas?

That happened to me the first time...

You need to replace the NAM_Controller.dat.

-un1

nerdly_dood

Yay intersections! Looking forward to it!

I oughta test the FAR/FARR with this newer version of Ennedi's slope mod now that I installed it...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

metasmurf

Quote from: un1 on October 06, 2008, 01:19:04 PM
That happened to me the first time...

You need to replace the NAM_Controller.dat.

-un1

My bad. Thanks :)

pilotdaryl

inspecter

Quote from: MassHelper on October 06, 2008, 12:59:53 PM
So far so good... Great work, David!!

So all we have to do now is to wait for single rail lines to come out....

:) Mass
Is single line one track or triple track? cause I did not see any triple tracks yet.

TheTeaCat

My Oh My

What wonderful creations by you David and everyone else too.
Shame I missed out on asking for a beta but will wait now drooling with anticipation to its release ::)
Might as well put the kettle on then :D I'm sure you'll join me ;D Yes?

There has been so much progress on all fronts  :thumbsup: ( and still not a building in sight :D :D )
you know, I don't think I want to see any buildings $%Grinno$% Well I do want to see what people do with
3RR in terms of development, yet I don't want to see such wonderful landscape destroyed.

And I must mention your Plopperizer  Tutorial - well its indepth ::) :D :D but what else would one expect from you. :D
Its going to take me a bit of time to get my head round it but I'm sure I'll work it out :thumbsup:

regards
Derry

ps: Thanks once again my friend for your encouraging email too :thumbsup:

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

sithlrd98

I love the new tracks you whipped up today!  &apls I was wondering , and I'm probably the only requester of this but is there a way for the roads to have similar types of "switches"? I mean , many times I wish I could connect a couple of angle/curved road and then have one main transition off , kinda like a MIS connection that is in the RHW. Make sense? Anyway , amazing work , and I definitely think that you have the perfect signature!

Jayson

dedgren

Didn't want anyone to think I'd simply bugged out today.

These are taking a bunch more time than I thought they would...

...sorry, Jonathan...

...and especially since every time I look at something for a few minutes something else comes to mind.

Here's a post, by the way, expressing some thoughts that seem oddly prescient today.

Heh!  Dream indeed!

More about where that post appeared, btw, coming up.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Still plugging away, eh, David? That's fine work there you're doing!

And did you ever think that, way back in January of 2007, that not only would your vision by coming true, but that it's coming true through your guiding hand?

There's so much to thank you for, my friend, the least of which is stuff like the FAR and now these single-rails!

Take care, David!

Dustin

bat

Looks nice so far there, dedgren! And looking forward to more of it.... ;)

Duvad

Damn, amazing work, dedgren and everyone else. Looks like I've missed the testing, so I'll have to wait a bit for everything to be released.

girlfromverona

I'm feeling extremely guilty - I got the FAR/R test pieces a few days ago, but haven't had a chance to use them yet. I've been working 12 hour days, 7 days a week, for the past 3 weeks...  >:(

I'm hoping to have some time to play SC4 this week, though, and promise to post at least one pic. Looks like a lot of you have been doing some very thorough testing - good job, guys!

Btw, those new switches are amazing! You are a machine, David.  :D

Geronimo

O...M...G..! I think I have to cry just because I have missed this, but instead I rather laugh out loud LOL   &apls
I feel very guilty as well for not commenting on this fantastic project before now, Im kind of a forum-noob and my playing skills really suck as well as my BAT/lot skills are totally absent! Im not kidding... &mmm   So I usually stick to lurkin around, hehe (Im sort of a forum-ninja, it sounds much better..hehe..  $%#Ninj2 )

David, I`ve seen a lot of your work earlier, but now I think its time to take the spoon of my mouth and make a comment on your fantastic work in your 3RR and your contribution to this society! I cant say how much I appriciate the work you (guys) put into this game, to make it playable and fun several years after its release. Its like SC4 will never die as long as you keep up!  :thumbsup:

Your 3RR is fantastic in every way, I can see your relations to Alaska, even though I never been there. Your terraforming skills and eye for nature and details is really impressive, and the effort you put into every little thing is absolutely very inspirating (though I dont think Im gonna create ANYTHING as good as that ever  $%Grinno$% ).
To watch your developement and all the great ideas you come up with is just amazing! It makes me wanna keep up playing this game...

Again fantastic work, last but not least the FAR/FARR is looking really fantastic (great work everyone!!!), one more reason to not let go of SC4.

Cheers
-Geir-

Simpson

This is looking great David, Nice work  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

JoeST

You know Derrry said something interesting yesterday:

Quote from: TheTeaCat on October 06, 2008, 04:05:25 PMThere has been so much progress on all fronts  :thumbsup: ( and still not a building in sight :D :D )

I just thought, I guess your going to end up lotting and plopping every single building :P

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

inspecter

Are there any pictures of the single track rail going into double track yet?

-----======

dragonshardz

inspecter: Right now the single track rail is not even in the game, dedgren is still creating the textures for them. Please be patient.

~~Dragonshardz~~