• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspecter

Quote from: dragonshardz on October 07, 2008, 04:13:40 PM
inspecter: Right now the single track rail is not even in the game, dedgren is still creating the textures for them. Please be patient.

~~Dragonshardz~~
Oh he's creating the textures. I thought he was actually making the for the game. If he's making the textures than who is putting it in to the game?

dragonshardz

dedgren creates the textures and puts them into the game as lots without paths. Then, after making sure he likes the textures, dedgren sends the textures off to Tarkus and the NAM Team, who turns them into puzzle pieces.

It's a very complicated process.

EDIT: Was corrected on some stuff, but meh.

~~Dragonshardz~~

CasperVg

Hmm, it seems I've missed quite a lot here... The single-track railway-textures look very good. Good work!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Jonathan

I visit this thread at least twice everyday, and every time I do  I try and think of what to post but I can't, because all that happens in this thread is just more than amazing.

Well done on 5000 replies and almost 150000 views :thumbsup:
The STR textures are amazing(well I can't think of something more but I mean it), along with the trees, traffic signals, and FAR/R.
Quote from: dragonshardz on October 07, 2008, 04:13:40 PM
inspecter: Right now the single track rail is not even in the game, dedgren is still creating the textures for them. Please be patient.

~~Dragonshardz~~

Well the STR is in game already, but not the textures in this thread yet, I just got some of the textures by David last night and this afternoon, I'll be working to put them in game to be alonside the textures done by Dave (BigHead99) and eventually some of the textures by North Country Dude.

EDIT: I knew I forgot something, the pictures of the FAR/R in this thread, are excellent, and I just wish I could play the game like that.

Jonathan

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

ejc

it's running on high speed now.. unbelievable what you're doing with a game of SC4 with a game-engine that's a bit outdated

anyhow; I like it and I'm looking forward to be in the SC4-community for the coming years :-\

E

Tarkus

Quote from: dragonshardz on October 07, 2008, 04:30:54 PM
dedgren creates the textures and puts them into the game as lots with custom paths (with a little help from Tarkus).

Well, actually, I'm not involved in making the test lots--they aren't pathed.  Once David has the test lots set up, he sends me or Jonathan the textures, and we path/RUL them and make them usable in-game. ;)

-Alex

thundercrack83

Congratulations to inspecter for hitting 5100!

And congrats to you, too, David--you're almost up to 15000 views, as well!

Dustin

dedgren

Sitting down?

No PhotoShopping.  We've got a ways to go, but not as far as we've come.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

threestooges

Oh, I'm sitting all right... I knew to expect something good. That turned out so much better than I could have imagined. I'll need to see if there is some way to make the wave effects look good (couldn't at first, so I just deleted them), but I think the height works well. Amazing pic David, absolutely amazing.
-Matt

EDITAnd Matt, you would know.  For the folks not in on this- and that's just about everyone except for five or six of you- that bridge is Matt's incredible contribution (the first of many, we hope!) to the single track rail effort.  This has been a long time coming. -DE

edit: Oh believe me, I have plans for a few more. The only thing standing in my way is time... well, free time to be specific, but they will be on their way. -Matt

MassHelper

Alright, single rail is almost ready to be uploaded....  :-[

Just need to wait for Jonathan and Alex to do the RULs for the single rail... (Yay!!! XD)

Anyway, would there be "rules" on the directions that the train must travel in (or direction pieces, like the one-way road)?

:) Mass

EDITHey, Mass- there's still a lot of work to do, my friend.  That pic is the purest example of a teaser.  We're a long way into what STR will look like, but the MODding part is just getting started.  As with the WC/FAR/FARR, there will almost certainly be beta testing before release.  I note that from the first FARR textures being created, it took about three months to make the FARR functional.  A nice Christmas gift to the community, maybe? -DE
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

sim-al2

Yahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Single-track rail!  ;D Just one question, which for whatever reason has kept people form doing this before, the paths are down the center, right? I guess we'll still need passing sidings every so often so that they don't crash into each other head on!  :o Those bridges look good too!  :thumbsup:

EDITAw, but the crashes add so much excitement... -DE
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

un1

Wow, that is amazing!  :o

That means that it will be dragable!  ;D

-un1

EDITPortions of the STR set are indeed intended to be draggable. -DE

thundercrack83

Even sitting down, I almost passed out!

Wonderful work, Matt, and you, too, David!

The boundaries are pushed further and further here in 3RR!

Dustin

Simpson

Wow  :o this pic is absolutly superb  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

MassHelper

Of course, Dave.... It would be a superb gift (STR and FAR(R)) to the whole SC4 community...

:) Mass
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

metarvo

I make sure to sit down before entering 3RR.  Its a standard practice for me.  I just hope I don't fall over backwards in my chair some day when I see the latest incarnation of true genius.   :o  The STR came this close to causing just that to happen. ;D

Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

deathtopumpkins

That is incredible! One of the best contributions I've seen out of 3RR yet! Excellent work Matt, David, and everyone else involved!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

sithlrd98

Matt & David....Amazing work! STR and the FAR/FARR projects are coming along very nicely , looks like I had stopped lurking just in time  :D

...just wondering if my previous question had gotten lost in all of this awesomeness?

Jayson

Jmouse

The bridge looks absolutely gorgeous, Matt. Congratulations and thanks to all involved in this magnificent project.

Later...

Joan