• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

There is a draggable diagonal RHW-6, so you can curve it, but it doesn't have long turn pieces yet.

Thomas Diamond

Quote from: j-dub on November 10, 2008, 07:42:50 PM
There is a draggable diagonal RHW-6, so you can curve it, but it doesn't have long turn pieces yet.
:)

May we see some pictures of a dragable RHW-6 that can make curves?

Tarkus

There were actually a few posted awhile ago . . . however, at the moment, I'm planning to instead go to a Puzzle Piece-based method for the RHW-6 diagonals, at least for now.  The draggable version is a bit tricky to build.

Here's what the new puzzle piece version looks like.

-Alex (Tarkus)

metarvo

Even if it has to be built with puzzle pieces, the diagonal RHW-6 is... spectacular! :o :thumbsup:  It's one hundred times better than Orthogonal-Only, at least.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

shaylan221

I can;t wait till the release of the new RHW!! I hope it comes soon, becuase those who are new to SC4 or Simtropolis/LEX don't know the greatness of it and the wonderless combinations!
Come check out my new exciting MD:

"The Life of a Tour Guide"

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11351.0

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

chrisnhl

un1

Quote from: chrisnhl on November 12, 2008, 03:25:09 PM
Is this the calm before the storm?

We hope it is.  ()stsfd()

Can't wait to hear more...

-un1

Tarkus

It may also be the calm before the calm before the storm.   ;)  RL will probably be taking a bit of a toll on me for a little while . . . last weeks of uni before Christmas Break.  Close, but a fair amount of stuff to knock out before I can even get the latest stuff to the testers.

-Alex (Tarkus)

nerdly_dood

Aha! Christmas it is, then! What a nice christmas present this would be... ;D
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Of course, providing time permits, it doesn't mean that I won't be working on it some before I go on break.  ;)

-Alex

kj3400

Christmas? I don't think I can wait that long...
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

j-dub

@Tarkus, Well, I hate to have to resort going back from draggable to piece by piece, but how can the diagonal RHW-6 behave otherwise? NOT that I am asking to stay with something that may not work, but do we know the results of the draggable RHW-6 with pathes, versus the puzzle piece method? Just curious if having the pathes on the draggable actually worked, instead of it getting confused after some point.

Tarkus

j-dub, the issue wasn't with the paths, but rather a RULing issue. ;)  Perhaps farther down the road I'll revisit it, but to at least allow stable functionality, I'm using the puzzle pieces for now.

Quote from: kj3400 on November 12, 2008, 07:19:09 PM
Christmas? I don't think I can wait that long...

Who said it's coming at Christmas? ::)  It might come before, it might come after . . . and my "Christmas Break" is actually about a month long.  :)

-Alex

sim-al2

Your Christmas break is a month long? We have about two weeks... still great! Nothing quite like summer though...
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

metarvo

Who knows what you will do with that month, though.  Think of the possibilities, Alex. :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

j-dub

Wow a full month off. And considering the real struggle it took to build the larger dragged diagonals, the puzzle pieces are a major relief.

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on November 13, 2008, 05:23:34 PM
And considering the real struggle it took to build the larger dragged diagonals, the puzzle pieces are a major relief.

I had a hard enough time building them myself, and I designed the whole thing. :D   I figured that since that was the case, I should try to simplify things. 

And hopefully this time, I won't break my elbow over Thanksgiving break and end up in a cast for most of my month off (as happened last year). 

I'm going to be quite relieved when Version 3.0 is done.  It's been a long road (no pun intended).  Hopefully relatively soon.

Quote from: metarvo on November 13, 2008, 01:54:41 PM
Who knows what you will do with that month, though.  Think of the possibilities, Alex. :)

Oh, I am.  Though I may need a bit of a breather . . . and I do need to get back to the NWM . . . ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)