• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patricius Maximus

QuoteYou just ruled out January 1st as RHW day  I have a date in mind, but I don't know if thinking it but not posting it also rules it out...

Not unless Tarkus is a telepath (or can read white text)

Quotenning on going to a more frequent release schedule after 3.0 is released, so you probably won't have long to wait.  The way Version 3.1 is shaping up, it will probably be almost entirely new ramp interfaces.

Shaping up already? Just don't release it right after 3.0, because it would feel like Rush Hour's release. As I've said before, I'm all for smaller, more frequent releases.

RHW day may be January 3, since that was the day Leonardo da Vinci tested his flying machine. Then again, probably not.

- Patricius Maximus

Monorail Master

I have a request. Can anyone post a picture about the RHW bridges in 3.0? Me along with several others would like that. And make sure to post the types of bridges as well please.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

nerdly_dood

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on December 14, 2008, 03:35:56 AM
Not unless Tarkus is a telepath (or can read white text)
How dare you give away my tricks?! That's not very nice... $%Grinno$%

Quote from: Monorail Master on December 14, 2008, 01:17:34 PM
I have a request. Can anyone post a picture about the RHW bridges in 3.0? Me along with several others would like that. And make sure to post the types of bridges as well please.
I'd like to see some  as well - the only one I've seen is a plain RHW-2 bridge in a video of Haljackey's "Greater Terran Region"
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

simzebu

I'm fine with it being at least another few days. Considering the fact that I don't have power. There was a big ice storm Thursday night and into the morning. Knocked out power to millions across the Northeast, and wasted a snowday. (what fun is it if you don't have power?) We were supposed to get power back by noon yesterday. And then it was moved to 8:30pm. Then today by noon. Then today by 8:30 pm.
I have a generator, but it tends to brown out when the furnace turns on (which would turn off the computer). But, we have a laptop and I just managed to talk my parents into plugging in the DSL and WLAN, so at least I can access Teh Intertubes.
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

shaylan221

CHRISTMAS EVE!
CHRISTMAS EVE!
THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY!
Come check out my new exciting MD:

"The Life of a Tour Guide"

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11351.0

Monorail Master

Quote from: shaylan221 on December 14, 2008, 08:49:28 PM
CHRISTMAS EVE!
CHRISTMAS EVE!
THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY!

Sorry about double posting but,:
Dude, X-MAS eve is 9 days away. So try to calm down. I dont know what you're getting, but I'm getting a 360. But still, I would like to see those RHW bridge pictures.
(\__/)

j-dub

Note, as of right now the only bridges you will see are RHW-2 bridges, or split RHW-4; already existing bridge models. Don't recall new bridge structures yet. The bridges posted before are The bridges, but they will be shown with the 3.0 textures soon.

Haljackey

Quote from: Monorail Master on December 15, 2008, 02:09:55 PM
But still, I would like to see those RHW bridge pictures.

Well, you're in luck!  I just finished exams, and I have some free time coming up.  I should be able to post a couple pics here for you either tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay!

Best,
-Haljackey

Monorail Master

I hope you did good on the exams Haljackey. Well, I can't wait for X-mas and those bridge pics.  ;D Until then, I'll be playing GTA SA Multiplayer.
(\__/)

Haljackey

Staying true to my word.  (Its still the evening here)

Here are the RHW Bridges:

RHW-2:

RHW-4 with two tile median:
(Ignore the glitches on the end of each bridge. Keep in mind that this is an alpha build, not the finished product :P)

RHW-4 with one tile median (v. 2.0 Euro textures):

RHW 3.0 will include bridges for RHW-2 and RHW-4 only.  If you have side-by-side RHW-4s (no median), RHW-4 bridges cannot be drawn.  They must be at least one tile apart.  Its best to use an avenue bridge in this circumstance.

I hope you enjoyed them!

Best,
-Haljackey

A200

Tarkus

puncher1076, sorry for the delay, but to answer your question, if you've been using the current version of the RHW (Version 2.0), you've already seen the RHW-6S.  That's the 3-lane-per-direction over 4 tiles RHW.

I probably should, though, effectively clarify the difference between the RHW-6S and RHW-6C, since there seems to be a few questions out there still.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the two, with their widths clearly demarcated--the 6C is on the left, the 6S on the right.  The 6C takes up 3 tiles, and the 6S takes up 4.

This pic illustrates how the 6S tiles are laid out a little better--the shoulder tiles do not carry any traffic.

The 6S can be separated, though:

This is a look at the middle of the 6C--as you can see, the middle tile carries traffic, and as you can probably guess, the outer tiles do as well.  It uses all 3 tiles, giving it a higher capacity.

Probably the easiest way to remember it--the 6C has the jersey barrier, the 6S doesn't.  Use the 6S if you want to create auxiliary lanes on an RHW-4, transition to RHW-8, go diagonal (the diagonals actually have a higher capacity), or want to separate the two sides of the highway.  In a future release, you'll be able to build inside exits on it (not possible with the 6C, due to how it is setup).  Use the 6C if you want to save space, are only going orthogonal, and want increased capacity. 

There is no transition from RHW-6C-to-6S or RHW-6C-to-8 in Version 3.0.  This will be rectified in Version 3.1, however.

-Alex (Tarkus)

darraghf

one question.. How do long does it take on average to make one puzzle piece, say for instance, the rhw-4 a style offramp?
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

MandelSoft

Depends on the puzzle piece. Some pieces take longer to make than others. So there is no average.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

It really does depend on the puzzle piece.  There are some that took ages . . . like the Diagonal RHW/MIS ramp interfaces.  And others that take very little time at all.  At least for me, it's getting the pathing working that usually takes the longest. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Monorail Master

Quote from: Haljackey on December 16, 2008, 08:54:45 PM
Staying true to my word.  (Its still the evening here)

Here are the RHW Bridges:

RHW-2:

RHW-4 with two tile median:
(Ignore the glitches on the end of each bridge. Keep in mind that this is an alpha build, not the finished product :P)

RHW-4 with one tile median (v. 2.0 Euro textures):

RHW 3.0 will include bridges for RHW-2 and RHW-4 only.  If you have side-by-side RHW-4s (no median), RHW-4 bridges cannot be drawn.  They must be at least one tile apart.  Its best to use an avenue bridge in this circumstance.

I hope you enjoyed them!

Best,
-Haljackey

THAT.......IS.......AWESOME!!!!!!! :thumbsup: &apls
(\__/)

Streetlight 725

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Kitsune

Is that el-rail bridge new as well? I dont remember seeing it before.
~ NAM Team Member

Swamper77

Quote from: Kitsune on December 17, 2008, 08:19:26 PM
Is that el-rail bridge new as well? I dont remember seeing it before.

That is the game's default Elevated Rail bridge.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!