• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Quote from: Supertim12000 on March 11, 2010, 04:30:15 PM
Will there be some 1 lane curve puzzle pieces and stuff for the next RHW?

MIS curves?  Yes.  Here's just a taste of some RHW curves in development:

Quick note: this image may be outdated.

danielra96

:o that is UNBELIEVABLE
i can't wait until this is released
great work &apls

KoV Liberty

@Tarkus: Your making me cry.... $%Grinno$% ::) Lol. Keep up the great work!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

jdenm8

Very, very nice!  :thumbsup:
One question though, how will the new RHW interface with the RAM (Phase 1)? Same as the old one or better (or is that a RAM team issue)?

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! :)

Quote from: jdenm8 on March 12, 2010, 12:28:43 AM
One question though, how will the new RHW interface with the RAM (Phase 1)? Same as the old one or better (or is that a RAM team issue)?

There hasn't been anything new in the way of developments as far as RAM/RHW interfacing for the Version 4.0 release.  Since it's kind of a cross-project thing, I'm not sure exactly how it'll be handled, though since the existing RAM/RHW stuff is in the RAM files, it would probably make sense to do the same with future items along that line.  Ultimately, though, it's not a matter of "if" but "when".

-Alex

j-dub

Quote from: Haljackey on March 11, 2010, 04:53:01 PM
Quick note: this image may be outdated.[/i][/size]

Well, you can't pass on a curve! I mean on a single lane, two way road. Sure, occasionally they put dashed lines on curves simply because they never got around to finishing the job as the roads can be really out there in the middle of no where, but your really not suppose to make a pass on curves like that, despite how sometimes the painted lines say otherwise. Even on ASR or RHW3, they for some reason do not always put the solid yellow line down, they just assume you will stay on the right. However, has anyone seen such RHW2 curves like that in their RL area?

Tarkus

The actual piece has double lines in the current build, as originally intended. ;)  The results in that pic are the inadvertent result of some IID shuffling that went on in an earlier build when switching the RHW-2 over from the old 3.0 dashed line default to the 4.0 double solid line default.

-Alex

Pat

amazing work here Alex and the NAM team as a whole!! I know for one I cant wait to get ahold of the MIS curves yummie!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jonathan

For a complete RHW<>RAM integration it would require RULs in both projects.
Though how it would be split would be the question

Jonathan

rdrdrdrd

i just want to say exelent job guys, but i found a problem:
if I have a 6C highway I can't place exit/entrance ramp directly opposing from eachother

also, will we get any 6C curves?

Wilfried

Quote from: j-dub on March 12, 2010, 08:11:41 AMHowever, has anyone seen such RHW2 curves like that in their RL area?
Such solutions do exist but it depends on your region and local regulations how often you will come across them and what they really mean.
For example, there are countries where passing on curves preceded by a warning sign is prohibited no matter the road markings, or where crossing even a double solid line is allowed under certain conditions.

I think the best solution would be a standard [double solid yellow] line for 90° curves, and a single dashed yellow line for 45° curves, or an alternative solution including versions with both solid and dashed markings.

Tarkus

Quote from: rdrdrdrd on March 16, 2010, 07:30:43 AM
i just want to say exelent job guys, but i found a problem:
if I have a 6C highway I can't place exit/entrance ramp directly opposing from eachother

also, will we get any 6C curves?

You might have a "starter" hiding in your normal orthogonal tiles that is affecting placement.  In addition, it seems the RHW-6C occasionally suffers the same issue as the ERHW-4 with the ramp interface placement.  The solution in either case would be to bulldoze a small segment along one of the outer edges of your RHW-6C (about 2-3 tiles long) where you want the ramp, and then plop the ramp interface down.

RHW-6C curves are indeed in the works as well, and a development image of them was shown by Blue Lightning back on December 16, 2009 (page 299 of the thread).

Quote from: Wilfried on March 16, 2010, 10:28:31 AM
I think the best solution would be a standard [double solid yellow] line for 90° curves

Double solid yellow is actually how it'll be done on all the curves . . . in fact, all the RHW-2 pieces (save for the special "cosmetic" puzzle pieces).  The "solid/dashed" setup that showed up in Haljackey's pic is simply the result of a glitch in an earlier Alpha Build.  Here's a pic of what the final products will look like:

-Alex

Wilfried

TJ1

JoeST

SCHWEEEEEET!!!! *drools*

Thanks so much Alex

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

metarvo

Those are some nice curves, Alex.  So, in other words, the new double solid yellow RHW-2 default is analogous to the relationship between the draggable Maxis roads (with double solid yellow lines) and the NAM rural road puzzle pieces (with dashed yellow lines), right?
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

jdenm8

Those curves look brilliant and the textures match exactly!
Great work and I can't wait!

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

zakuten

A dumb question-- Is it possible to distinguish between RHW 2 and Road visually with these new textures? (Assuming US roadmarkings) I know I'd lose track of where a transition is, and I'd probably wind up zoning the RHW... :-[
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

strucka

of course it is... The RHW is a bit wider and has something like a shoulder lane on each side..

Wilfried

Yeah, the RHW has hard (asphalt) shoulders and dashed lines. Roads have solid lines and sidewalks or soft (dirt) shoulders.